Hwasa - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Boyfriend, Mamamoo, Kpop, Daughter, Facts, Wiki, Nationality, Age, Height, Weight, Measurements, Personal Life, Career
A South Korean singer, songwriter, and rapper, Hwasa is known for her digital single, Twit. Also, She is the lead vocalist of South Korean girl group Mamamoo. Additionally, she got the Hot Trend Award in the Melon Music Awards for her song, "Don't". She has 1.8m on her Instagram followers and 22.6k followers on Twitter. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Hwasa famous for?
- A South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper, and television personality.
- Being the lead vocalist of Mamamoo, a band that releases great music that mixes jazz, R&B, retro, and pop.
Where does Hwasa live?
Recalling her early life, Hwasa was born in Jeonju, North Jeolla, South Korea to her parents as Ahn Hye-jin in the year 1995. His father's name is Ahn Chan-Yeop and his mother's name is yet to be disclosed. Also, she has two siblings named Seulgi and Yesol. Similarly, she holds South Korean nationality and belongs to South-Asian ethnicity. Her birth sign is Leo and her religion is Christianity.
For education, she attended Wonkwang Information Arts High School where she graduated as well.
When did Hwasa begin her music career?
- Moving towards her career, Hwasa began her musical career in the year 2014 with the South Korean girl’s group Mamamoo.
- She also wrote and composed "My Heart/I Do Me" from Hello.
- In 2018, she joined the cast of KBS reality television show Hyena on the Keyboard; the appearance spawned a collaboration with rapper Loco titled "Don't".
- He also took part in writing and composing the song and it successfully topped South Korean's Gaon Digital Chart. The song was later certified Platinum.
- In 2019, She made her debut as a solo artist with the digital single, "Twit" which she participated in writing and composing it. The song successfully topped the Gaon Digital Chart and scored a "Triple Crown", topping the Gaon Digital, Gaon Download and Gaon Streaming charts in Korea.
- He also composed and wrote the song "In The Fall" and was released in October 2019.
- In 2020, She teamed up with an English singer Dua Lipa for a new remix version of "Physical" which includes Korean lyrics.
- The same year, she has joined the original soundtrack lineup of the Korean drama The King: Eternal Monarch and would be releasing her first solo OST titled "Orbit".
- Her other notable songs are "When You Come To My Heart", "You Are Crying", and "Fairy Of Shampoo."
- Besides music, she appeared several TV series like King of Mask Singer (2017), Hyena on the Keyboard (2018), and I Live Alone (2018 - Present).
- He also hosts the MBC Entertainment Awards in 2019 with P.O. and Jun Hyun-moo.
What are the achievements of Hwasa?
Talking about her achievement, Hwasa won several awards and nominations throughout her career. Here is the list of her won awards;
- Melon Music Awards - Hot Trend Award (with Loco) (2018)
- KBS Entertainment Awards - Hot Issue Entertainer Award (2018)
- MBC Entertainment Awards - Rookie Female of the Year - Variety (2018)
- MBC Entertainment Awards - Female Excellence Award - Variety (2019)
- Soribada Best K-Music Awards - Social Artist Award (2019)
- Gaon Chart Music Awards - Artist of the Year – Digital Music (2020)
- Golden Disc Awards - Best Solo Artist (2020)
- Korea First Brand Awards - Female Solo Artist & Female Idol Variety Star (2020)
Is Hwasa Single?
Reflecting on her personal life, Hwasa is not married yet but confesses that she boyfriend in the past. She says that her solo debut song, Twit is about the first and only boy she has dated, but their story together was not always as described by the melody. However, the couple later separated. As of now, she is a single and focusing career seriously rather than fall in love.
How much is Hwasa worth?
Being a singer and actress, Hwasa has a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $1.3 million at present. She also adds up her fortune from her endorsements like Coca-Cola, Adidas, The North Face, etc.
She was the first female model for Lotte Crunky Gold since its release in 1984. Similarly, She teamed up with Vogue magazine in November and Urban Decay cosmetics for their "Pretty Different" and "Queen" inspired concepts. She also collaborated with The Sims 4 for their advertising campaign in 2020.
How tall is Hwasa?
Observing her body physics, Hwasa stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 51 kg. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. Further, she has a slim body with a body measurement of 34-25-34 inches and she used 34A (US).
Trivias About Hwasa You Need To Know.
- Her stage name, Hwasa, means shining brightly in Korean. She chose this name because her birth name, Hyejin, is too common in Korea.
- She is a large fan of the American singer Rihanna.
- She was featured on the Korean television shows Going Until the End and Star King.
- She is the sub-vocalist and lead rapper of the Group.