Hyun Bin - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Family, Age, Facts, Kids, Height
Kim Tae-pyung, excellently known as Hyun Bin is a South Korean film and TV actor who is well recognized for his role in the 2005 romantic comedy television drama "My Name is Kim Sam-soon". He has appeared in several films and TV series to date as some of his known films and TV series are "The Snow Queen" (2006), "Late Autumn" (2011), "The Fatal Encounter" (2014), "Memories of the Alhambra" (2018). He has also won numerous awards like KBS Drama Awards, MBC Drama Awards, and Baeksang Art Awards. Besides, Hyun has made a secret donation of 200 million won to the non-profit organization, Community Chest of Korea, to help fight against the COVID-19 outbreak on 21st February 2020. Additionally, he appeared as Im Cheol-ryung in the 2022 film "Confidential Assignment 2: International".
What is Hyun Bin Famous For?
- He is a South Korean actor.
- His role in the 2005 romantic comedy television drama "My Name is Kim Sam-soon".
What Nationality is Hyun Bin?
Hyun Bin opened his eyes for the very first time on 25th September 1982 in Songpa District, Seoul, South Korea. His real name is Kim Tae-pyung and his religion is Christian. He holds South Korean nationality and he came from Asian ethnic background. His present age is 39 and he will be celebrating his 40th birthday in the coming September of 2022. His birth sign is Libra and his race is white. Hyun's father's name is Kim Won-hong while his mother's name is yet to be disclosed. He has also a brother whose details have not been revealed yet.
Moving to Bin's education, he attended Youngdong High School and then attained a major in Theater Studies from Chung-Ang University in 2004. Later, in 2009, he re-enrolled at the same university to complete in masters.
Hyun Bin Career Timeline
- Hyun Bin conceived his career by starring in a film, "Shower" in 2002 which was not released due to lack of funding.
- Then in 2003, he debut as an actor in the TV series, "Bodyguard" after which he appeared in the sitcom "Nonstop 4" and quirky romance drama "Ireland" and made his film debut the same year in the youth sports movie "Spin Kick".
- In 2005, he starred in the romantic comedy series, "My Lovely Sam Soon" which became one of the highest-rated Korean dramas of all time.
- He appeared in his first film as a lead actor in "A Millionaire's First Love" in 2006 and appeared in the TV series, "The Snow Queen" in the same year.
- He acted in the film "I Am Happy" in 2008, playing Man-soo, a man who suffers from mental illnesses.
- In 2009, Bin drew critical acclaim with his portrayal as a sociopath in the gangster saga "Friend, Our Legend" and in 2010, he starred in "Secret Garden", a romantic fantasy drama written by Kim Eun-sook.
- Also, he contributed to the soundtrack of the drama "That Man", which peaked at number one in eight Korean music portals.
- In 2011, he was seen in two films that were released back to back; "Come Rain, Come Shine", and "Late Autumnome" as well as he began his 21-month mandatory military service as a soldier in the Marine Corps.
- Subsequently, he participated in the "Seoul Reclamation Anniversary Marine Marathon Competition" where he ran a 6.25 km long course with 400 exemplary senior marines.
- In 2012, Bin was discharged and was awarded the Secretary of Defense Award and the Marine Corps Commandant Commendation for being an exemplary soldier.
- He spent most of 2013 shooting commercials as an in-demand product endorser and holding fan meetings all over Asia.
- Later, he appeared in the period film, "The Fatal Encounter" in 2014, in which he played the leading role of King Jeongjo who faced fierce party strife and assassination attempts during his reign.
- In 2015, he made a comeback to the Korean drama scene after 4 years with the romantic comedy series "Hyde, Jekyll, Me".
- He set up his agency, VAST Entertainment in 2016, which became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kakao M three years later.
- In 2017, Hyun returned to the silver screen with the action-thriller film titled "Confidential Assignment" and he starred in the crime action film "The Swindlers" in the following year.
- He starred in the crime thriller "The Negotiation" in 2018, playing a villain role for the first time, and the zombie blockbuster Rampant.
- The same year, he also returned to the small screen with the fantasy suspense drama "Memories of the Alhambra" as well as he appeared in the romance drama "Crash Landing on You" as a North Korean army captain.
- In 2020, Bin is set to star as a NIS agent in the thriller film "The Point Men", directed by Yim Soon-rye.
- He appeared as Im Cheol-ryung in the 2022 film "Confidential Assignment 2: International".
- Moreover, he will be appearing in the upcoming film, "The Point Men" and "Harbin".
Awards and Achievements
- MBC Entertainment Awards for his work in "Nonstop 4"
- MBC Drama Awards for his work in "Ireland", "My Name Is Kim Sam-soon"
- 41st Baeksang Arts Awards for his work in "Ireland"
- 42nd Baeksang Arts Awards for his work in "A Millionaire's First Love"
- KBS Drama Awards for his work in "The Snow Queen"
- SBS Drama Awards for his work in "Secret Garden"
- 6th Korea Film Actors Association Awards for his work in "Confidential Assignment", "The Swindlers"
- 7th APAN Star Awards for his work in "Crash Landing on You"
Who is Hyun Bin Wife?
Hyun Bin is a married man as he happily exchanged vows with his beautiful wife Son Ye-jin. They married in a private ceremony on 31st March 2022, attended by their parents and friends of both families. The couple first met at the shoot of The Negotiation in 2018. Since then, they began seeing on public spots together and the rumors of their dating began to spread like fire. Finally, their affairs were confirmed by their respective agencies in 2021. Currently, the love birds live happily with each other. On 27th June, Son announced that she is pregnant with the couple's first child. Concerning Hyun's sexual orientation, he is straight. He was previously linked with several celebrities like Hwang Ji-Hyun (2006-2007), Song Hye-Kyo (2008-2011), and Kang So-ra (2016-2017).
How much is Hyun Bin Net Worth?
Hyun Bin has a net worth of $10 million as of 2022 whereas his commercial earnings are estimated at around US$515,000 to $587,000 per year. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. Hyun has earned an impressive amount of money throughout his profession as his major source of income is his acting career. Further, he has also endorsed various brands such as Rogatis, Samsung, Mediheal, Kia, CF Freshian, Omega, and many others.
How tall is Hyun Bin?
Hyun Bin stands at a tall height of 6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm with a balanced body weight of 84 kg or 185 lbs. He has good-looking dark brown hair and eye color. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. Besides, Hyun has an average body build with 44-34-38 inches of body measurements.
Trivias About Hyun Bin You Need To Know.
- In his free time, he enjoys going swimming, playing basketball, and going to theatrical performances.
- Hyun Bin literally means "Bright Light".
- He was brought up in the capital of South Korea alongside his older brother.
- He was discovered by a talent agent while going on a bike ride with his friends.
- He founded his very own talent agency titled VAST Entertainment in January 2016.