Who is Idina Menzel? Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Dating, Family, Age, Facts, Wiki, Songs, Albums, Career, Nationality, Children, Awards, Son
Idina Menzel is an illustrious American actress, theater personality, singer and songwriter, who came to limelight by portraying the lesbian persona of Maureen Johnson in Rent, a Broadway musical. She bagged a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her poignant depiction of Elphaba in Wicked, a musical co-composed by Winnie Holzman and Stephen Schwartz for Broadway. She has garnered encomiums from fans as well as critics for illustrating Shelby Corcoran in Glee, a musical comedy-drama TV series. However, winning a Grammy for lending her vocals to a song Let It Go for the original soundtrack of the Disney movie ‘Enchanted’ has been the crowning glory in her career to date. Let's know more about the multi-talented actress through this article.
What id Idina Menzel famous for?
- An American singer, songwriter, and actress.
- Her performance in musicals like Rent and Wicked, winning Tony award for acting in Wicked.
- Giving voice to the character, Elsa and singing Let It Go in Frozen.
Who are the parents of Idina Menzel?
Recalling her early life, Menzel was born as Idina Kim Menzel in New York City, New York, the U.S. The name of her father is Stuart Mentzel. Similarly, her mother’s name is Helene. While Stuart worked as a pajama salesman, Helene was a therapist. She has a Russian and Polish ethnic background and American by nationality. She spent her childhood in Syosset.
Where did Idina Menzel go for education?
For her education, Menzel went to some middle and then Syosset high school. Afterward, she enrolled at Tisch School of the Arts of New York University to learn drama. Later, she graduated from there with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in drama.
When did Idina Menzel begin to start singing and acting?
- Moving towards his career, Menzel kicked off her professional career with performing in theatre musical, Rent in 1994. She portrayed Maureen Johnson which earned her Tony Award nomination. She replayed the role in 1996 in Nederlander Theatre.
- Then in 1998, she launched her debut album, Still, I Can’t Be Still. Her singing career was followed by other albums, Here and I Stand in 2004 and 2008 respectively. Afterward, she released Live: Barefoot at the Symphony in 2012, Holiday Wishes in 2014 and Idina in 2016.
- Back in her acting career, she did several other theatres plays like The Wild Party in 2000, Hair, and Aida in 2001. She also played in plays like Wicked, See What I Wanna See, If/Then, and others. Her performance in Wicked won her a Tony award. Additionally, she also acted in TV shows and films. She featured in the film, Kissing Jessica Stein in 2001 and The Tollbooth in 2004.
- She reprised the role of Maureen Johnson from the play in the film of the same name, Rent in 2005. Some of her other movies are Enchanted, Frozen, and others. She voiced Elsa and sang the song, Let It Go in the film Frozen in 2013. Furthermore, she performed on several television shows. Some of them are Private Practice (2009), Glee (2010-2013), Arthur (2015), Beaches (2017), A Very Wicked Halloween (2018) and so on.
- Presently, she was busy with her upcoming movie named Cinderella in the role of stepmother which is scheduled to release in 2021. It is in the post-production phase.
Who is Idina Menzel's husband?
Reflecting on her personal life, Menzel has experienced married life already. Presently, She is in a marital relationship with Aaron Lohr. The couple tied the marital knot on September 22nd, 2017. Since then, they have been living together happily.
Before this, she was married to actor, Taye Diggs. This marriage ceremony took place on January 11th, 2003. The ex-couple spend many years together. But at last, it ended off with their divorce in 2013. During their time together, they had a son named Walker Nathaniel.
Everything Need to Know About Aaron Lohr, Idina Menzel's Husband
What is Idina Menzel's net worth?
Aa an actress and singer/songwriter, Menzel earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth sad to be $10 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Idina Menzel?
Observing her body physics, Menzel stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 52 Kg. She has an hourglass body build with a pair of green eyes and dark brown hair color. Similarly, she used a 34B bra size and 6 (US) dress size. Further, her body measures 36-26-37 inches.
Trivias About Idina Menzel You Need To Know.
- She reprised her role as Maureen in the 2005 film Rent and She portrayed Nancy in the 2007 feature Enchanted.
- The actress has changed her surname to simply Menzel withdrawing the T letter from the middle of the name.
- When attending school, the future star portrayed Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz.”