Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 08:43 am
Facts About J.K. Rowling
|Celebrated Name||J.K. Rowling|
|Age||57 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Jo, JKR|
|Birth Name||Joanne Rowling|
|Place Of Birth||Yate, Gloucestershire, England|
|Birth Nation||United Kingdom|
|Primary School||St Michael's Primary School|
|Spouse||Jorge Arantes (M. 1992; Div. 1995) and Neil Murray (M. 2001 to present)|
|Net Worth||$1 Billion|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Body Measurement||34-25-35 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||38B (US)|
|College / University||Wyedean School and College|
|University||University of Exeter|
|Educational Qualification||BA in French and Classics|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
J. K. Rowling is a British author, film producer, television producer, screenwriter, and philanthropist. She is best known for writing the Harry Potter fantasy series, which has won multiple awards and sold more than 500 million copies, becoming the best-selling book series in history. The books are the basis of a popular film series, over which Rowling had overall approval on the scripts and was a producer on the final films. She also writes crime fiction under the name Robert Galbraith.
What is J. K. Rowling famous for?
- For having authored the famous Harry Potter book series, which has gone on to sell more than 400 million copies.
- Being named the "Most Influential Woman in Britain" by leading magazine editors in October 2010.
Where is J. K. Rowling born?
Recalling her early life, Rowling was born as Joanne Rowling to her parents, James and Anne Rowling in Yate, Gloucestershire, England. She holds British nationality and her ethnicity is White. Similarly, her birth sign is Leo and she is Christian by religion. Information about her siblings is yet to be disclosed.
About her education, she attended St Michael's Primary School before enrolling herself at the Wyedean School and College. She then admitted herself to the University of Exeter for BA in French and Classics.
When did J.K. Rowling begin to start writing?
- Moving towards her career, Rowling started writing when she was only five. Her first ever written story was 'Rabbit'. She then graduated in the year 1986 and moved to London and took up the job of a researcher and bilingual secretary for Amnesty International.
- She also penned a short essay titled, ‘What was the Name of that Nymph Again? or Greek and Roman Studies Recalled’ that was published in the University of Exeter's journal Pegasus.
- The manuscript for her first book Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was finalized in 1995. She sold the rights to Bloomsbury Publishing Following multiple rejections from other publishing houses. The book was published in England in 1997.
- The book won a series of awards including the Nestle Smarties Book Prize and the British Book Award. The book was renamed to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and published in the United States in 1998 by Scholastic Inc.
- Her second novel Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets was published in 1998. She followed up with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1999), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2000), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phonenix (2003), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2005), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2007).
- After that, the play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was released in 2016 by Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne.
- Other books by her include The tales of Beedle the Bard, The Casual Vacancy (2012), Cuckoo Calling (2013), The Silkworm (2014), Career of Evil (2015), and Lethal White (2018). The film series consists of 8 films with a worldwide gross exceeding $7 billion. The series stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson.
- In March 2017, she revealed the fourth novel's title via Twitter in a game of "Hangman" with her followers. After many failed attempts, followers finally guessed correctly. She confirmed that the next novel's title is Lethal White. While intended for a 2017 release, she tweeted the book was taking longer than expected and would be the longest book in the series thus far. The book was released on 18th September 2018.
Who is J. K. Rowling married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Rowling is a married woman. She tied the knot with a Portuguese journalist, Jorge Arantes on 16th October 1992. They were blessed with a baby girl. But their relationship went sour and separated on 17th November 1993. She later filed for divorce in August 1994.
After that, She got married for the second time to Neil Michael Murray, an anesthetic in 2001 and the duo was blessed with a son David Gordon Rowling Murray and daughter Mackenzie Jean Rowling Murray. As of today, the duo is living a happy life without any disturbances.
How much is J. K. Rowling worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry since 1997, Rowling earns a huge amount of money from his profession as author and movie producer. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $1 billion at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed. Her major source of income is from her books. Moreover, she also earns from television career. Overall, she is satisfied with her earnings. She earned it all by herself and she deserves all of it.
How tall is J. K. Rowling?
Observing her body physics, Rowling stands a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs around 119 lbs. She has a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair color. Similarly, she used 38B (US) bra size. Further, her body measures 34-25-35 inches.
Trivias About J.K. Rowling You Need To Know.
- She is one of only two contemporary authors to have a novel spend more than a year on both the New York Times hardcover and paperback best-seller lists, the other author being Nicholas Sparks.
- After spending six years writing the first installment of her "Harry Potter" novels, Rowling was rejected by nine publishers before London's Bloomsbury Publishing signed her on.