Facts About Jeff Garlin
|Celebrated Name||Jeff Garlin|
|Age||61 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jeffrey Garlin|
|Place Of Birth||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|University||University of Miami|
|Spouse||Marla Beth Cahan|
|Source of Wealth||Stand-up comedian and actor career|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Salary||$4 million per year|
|Height||6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm|
|Weight||118 kg or 260 lbs|
|Hair Color||Salt and pepper|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Jeffrey Garlin is an American stand-up comedian and actor who is excellently known as Jeff Garlin. He is well recognized for playing the role of Murray Goldberg in the ABC sitcom "The Goldbergs", and Jeff Greene in the HBO sitcom "Curb Your Enthusiasm". He started his career by performing in the Chicago comedy group, The Second City in 1984 and made his directorial debut in 2006 with the film "I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With". He voiced the character Buttercup in "Toy Story 3" and the Captain in "Wall-E". He also played roles in the films "Daddy Day Care", "The Rocker" and "The Bounty Hunter". As well, he was one of the actors who voiced the audiobook "A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo" in March 2018. Recently in 2022, he appeared in the films, "Studio 666" and "Babylon".
Jeff Garlin Famous For
- Jeff Garlin is an American stand-up comedian and actor.
- He played the role of Murray Goldberg in the ABC sitcom "The Goldbergs".
- Jeff Garlin is a voice actor known for voicing Buttercup, Captain B. McCrea, and Villain.
What nationality is Jeff Garlin?
Jeff Garlin opened his eyes for the very first time on 5th June 1962 in Chicago, Illinois, U.S. His real name is Jeffrey Garlin and his religion is Jewish. He is of American nationality and he came from a mixed ethnic background as he is of Ashkenazi Jewish and Russian descent. Garlin's present age is 60 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Gemini. Thus, his race is white. His father, Gene Garlin is a Businessman and his mother, Carole Garlin is a Theatre Artist. He also has a younger brother named Michael Garlin.
Regarding Jeff's education, he attended the Broward Community College in Lauderdale, Florida. He also had a brief stint at the University of Miami where he studied film but dropped out midway.
What did Jeff Garlin do?
- Jeff Garlin began his career performing with the comedy troupe The Second City in 1984 after which he worked at the box office with Stephen Colbert.
- He was hired by comedians Denis Leary and Jon Stewart to help develop their specials as he worked as a stage director for their shows and edited the scripts.
- He also has a variety of television and film appearances to his credit, as an actor and stand-up, including "Dr. Katz", "Arrested Development", "Everybody Loves Raymond", "Late Show with David Letterman", "Tom Goes to the Mayor", "The Life and Times of Tim".
- He spent three seasons on NBC's "Mad About You" in the role of Marvin from 1997 to 1999 as well as he co-starred and executive produced the HBO series "Curb Your Enthusiasm".
- In 1992, he earned his first film credit in Dolly Parton's comedy "Straight Talk".
- Likewise, Garlin's other cameo appearances include "Run Ronnie Run!", "After the Sunset", "Fat Albert, "Sleepover", "The Rocker", and "The Bounty Hunter".
- As well, he has lent his voice to the Disney/Pixar films "Toy Story 3" and "Toy Story 4" as Buttercup.
- Subsequently, Jeff's feature directorial debut, "I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With" premiered with favorable reviews at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival.
- He also directed "This Filthy World" which is a one-man show performed by director John Waters in 2006.
In 2013, he executive produced the documentary "Finding Vivian Maier" and signed onto the ABC sitcom "The Goldbergs", which premiered on 24th September 2013.
- Jeff directed his second film, "Dealin' with Idiots" which was inspired by his experiences with his two sons in Little League. The entire movie was improvised.
- He revealed in October 2019 that he would have a role in "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker", the final installment of the "Star Wars" saga, which was released on 20th December 2019. He played Junn Gobint.
- In 2022, Jeff appeared in the films, "Studio 666" and "Babylon".
- Besides, Jeff also released a book, "My Footprint: Carrying the Weight of the World" on 23rd February 2010 which is a memoir that documents his journey to lessen both his physical and carbon footprint.
- Also, he hosted a show, called "By the Way, In Conversation with Jeff Garlin" on the comedy podcast network Earwolf, which consisted of unscripted talks rather than formal interviews. The debut episode featured his "Curb Your Enthusiasm" co-star Larry David. In February 2015, the last episode of the podcast was released.
Awards and Achivements
- Producers Guild Awards for his work in "Curb Your Enthusiasm" 2 times
Who is Jeff Garlin married to?
Jeff Garlin is a married man. He is currently in a romantic relationship with his new girlfriend, Sari Tracht who started her career as a junior editor on a DVD featurette for Sam Raimi's "The Messengers". Previously, Jeff exchanged vows with Marla Beth Cahan on 24th July 1994. The pair was blessed with two sons, James (b. 1996) and Duke (b. 2000). However, in September 2018, the couple announced their intention to divorce after 24 years of marriage. Garlin stated in March 2020 that he and Cahan were at the end of their divorce proceedings. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is Jeff Garlin worth?
Jeff Garlin has a net worth of $20 million, as of 2022 and his annual salary is around $4 million. He also earns some amount through endorsements, advertisements, and sponsorships of several brands and companies. He appeared in Direct TV's "NFL Sunday Ticket" TV commercials in June 2005. Jeff has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. In addition, his major source of income is his stand-up comedian and actor career.
How tall is Jeff Garlin?
Jeff Garlin is 6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm tall and his body weighs around 118 kg or 260 lbs. He has salt and pepper hair color whereas his eyes color is hazel. Jeff's body build type is average. Moreover, he announced on 22nd September 2022 that he has been struggling with bipolar disorder, with the following caption "Bipolar is a m*****f*****. Sometimes it's just too much to deal with. I'm doing the best I can. This the first time that I've opened up about this."
Garlin also had surgery in Oklahoma City to correct a heart condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome when he was in his late 20s. He said he was an early recipient (#72) of the surgery, which millions of people have since undergone. In February 2000, he had a stroke at the age of 37 before filming started on "Curb Your Enthusiasm". During the early episodes of Season One, Garlin had noticeably slurred speech that later improved.
Trivias About Jeff Garlin You Need To Know.
- He began his career by performing in the Chicago comedy group, The Second City in 1984.
- He made his directorial debut in 2006 with the film I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With.
- He married Marla Garlin in 1994.
- At the age of 8, Jeff watched the renowned comedian Jimmy Durante perform in Chicago and was so impacted by the event that he decided to become a standup comedian.
- His father sold off his business when Jeff was in the 6th grade and the family moved to Florida.