Jen Psaki - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Husband, Family, Age, Nationality, Parents, Height, Measurements, Wiki, Facts, Education, Career, Kids
Jennifer Rene Psaki, popularly known as Jen Psaki is an American political advisor. She served as a White Hous Communications Director from 2015 to 2017. She held several positions during the Obama administration including a position as the spokesperson for the Department of State from 2013 to 2015. President-elect Joe Biden announced Psaki as his nominee for the White House Press Secretary in November 2020.
She also worked as a contributor on CNN. She has over 171k followers on Twitter.
What is Jen Psaki Famous For?
- Worked as White House Communications Director from 2015 to 2017.
- Worked as Spokesperson for the Department of State from 2013 to 2015.
Where is Jen Psaki From?
Jen Psaki was born on 1 December 1978. Her birth name is Jennifer Rene Psaki. Her birth place is in Stamford, Connecticut in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She has Irish, Greek, and Polish ancestry. She belongs to white ethnicity and her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Her home town is Stamford, Connecticut.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Greenwich High School. She completed her high school education in 1996. After graduating from high school, she attended the College of William & Mary. She graduated in 2000. She was an athletic student and competed in the swimming college team.
Jen Psaki Career
- Her career started in 2001 working in the re-election campaign of Iowa Democrats Tom Harkin for the US Senate.
- She also worked with the re-election campaign for Tom Vilsack for Governor.
- She was then appointed as the deputy press secretary for John Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign.
- She served as communications director to US Representative Joseph Crowley from 2005 to 2006.
- During the same period, she worked as regional press secretary for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
- She worked as traveling press secretary for US Senator Barack Obama throughout the 2008 presidential campaign.
- Under the Obama administration, she worked as Deputy Press Secretary in the White House.
- She was promoted to Deputy Communications Director in December 2009.
- She became senior vice president and managing director at Washington, D.C., the office of public relations firm, Global Strategy Group in 2011.
- She became press secretary for President Obama's re-election campaign in 2012.
- She became the spokesperson for the US Department of State in February 2013.
- She became communication director in 2015. She held that position through the end of the Obama administration.
- She then became the political commentator on CNN in February 2017.
- She left CNN in November 2020 and joined the Biden-Harris transition team.
- President-elect Biden selected Psaki for the White House Press Secretary in November 2020.
Jen Psaki Husband
Jen Psaki is a married woman. She is married to Gregory Mecher. Mecher is a deputy finance director at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. The couple tied a knot to each other in 2010. They have two children together. More details about her personal life will be updated soon.
Jen Psaki Height
Jen Psaki stands around a height of 1.64 m i.e. 5 feet and 5 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 130 lbs i.e. 59 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is dark blonde.
Jen Psaki Net Worth
Jen Psaki has served in several governmental positions since the Obama administration. She worked for CNN for around 4 years. She will be returning to the White House under the Biden Administration in January 2021. As a governmental official, she receives a handsome salary. Her net worth is estimated at around $2 million at present.
Trivias About Jen Psaki You Need To Know.
- She is a member of the Chi Omega sorority.
- She was a competitive backstroke swimmer in college.
- She is a Democrat.