Facts About Jessi
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Jessica Hyun-ju Ho|
|Profession||Rapper , TV Personality , Singer|
|Place Of Birth||Queens, New York City|
|School||Korea Kent Foreign School|
|Awards||Golden Disc Awards and more|
|Net Worth||$1 Million - $5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Height||5 ft 5 in or 165 cm|
|Weight||56 kg or 123.5 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jessi is a Korean-American singer, songwriter, rapper, and TV personality. She released her debut solo album "Get Up" on 1st December 2005 via Doremi Records. After then, she has released a number of albums, tracks, and extended plays which include "Un2verse", "Kill Bill 2nd Live: Jessi", "Life Is Good", "Don’t Make Me Cry", "Who Dat B", "I Want to Be Me", "Unpretty Dreams" and more. She was a member of the South Korean hip-hop group named "Lucky J" formed by YMC Entertainment. She was forced into a five-year hiatus from the Korean music industry after she insulted singer and actress BoA via MySpace. In 2016, she joined KBS's all-female cast in Sister's Slam Dunk. She also joined the cast of the MBC reality-variety show "Hangout with Yoo" in August 2020 as a member of the four-member supergroup Refund Sisters (Jessi along with Korean singers Lee Hyo-ri, Uhm Jung-hwa, and Hwasa). They made their debut on October 10, releasing their debut single, "Don't Touch Me." She has amassed a huge fan base on social media and enjoys more than 7 Million followers on Instagram under the account head @jessicah_o.
- Being a Korean-American rapper, singer and songwriter.
- Being a member of the hip-hop trio Lucky J.
What is the Real Name of Jessi?
Jessi was born with the real name of Jessica Hyun-ju Ho. Her birth date is 17th December 1988 and her place of birth is Queens, New York City, United States. She grew up in New Jersey and then shifted to South Korea when she was 15 years old. She holds American-Korean nationality and her ethnic background is Asian as she is of Korean descent. Her race is White. She follows Christianity religion and her horoscope sign is Sagittarius. Her present age is 32 as of 2020. About her parents, she was born to her father, Ho Jong-jin, and her mother, Ho Sun-hwa. She also has two siblings; older brothers.
About her education, she studied at Korea Kent Foreign School and her schoolmates included Tiffany and Jessica Jung of Girls’ Generation. Jessi successfully passed an S.M. Entertainment audition, the same company her three classmates were all under. However, she chose not to become part of the label, as she believed its approach to music did not match her style.
How was the Career of Jessi?
- Jessi made her debut with the single album "Get Up" in the year 2005.
- After a year, the hip hop group Uptown featured her in their album "Testimony".
- Her second single album, entitled "The Rebirth", was released in January 2009.
- In the year 2014, after a 5-year hiatus, she returned as a member of hip-hop trio "Lucky J" with rapper J'Kyun and vocalist J-Yo. Lucky J debuted with the digital single "Can You Hear Me" under YMC Entertainment in July of that year.
- What's more, she was part of the first season of "Unpretty Rapstar", a spin-off of the program "Show Me The Money" from January to March 2015. She was chosen as the second-place winner of the show by audience vote.
- She was featured in JYP's single "Who's Your Mama?" which was released in April 2015.
- She released her first-ever solo rap single, "Ssenunni", on September 15. She also performed in the United States for the first time at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles with hip-hop duo Mighty Mouth on 16th October 2015.
- She was cast in Sister's Slam Dunk in 2016.
- She released another rap single, "Gucci" from her first mini-album, entitled "Un2verse". Both her single and album were released on 13th July 2017.
- On 6th July 2018, she released a single titled "Down".
- After ending her contract with YMC Entertainment in October 2018, she signed a contract with Psy's record label P Nation in January 2019.
- With the label, she released her first single "Who Dat B" on 23rd September 2019 which peaked at number eight on the World Digital Songs Sales chart and 68 on the Billboard Korea K-Pop Hot 100.
- Then, she released another rap single, "Drip" featuring Jay Park, on November 2. She then premiered her new variety show, Jessi's Showterview, on SBS's Mobidic YouTube channel on 4th June 2020.
- She released her second extended play, "Nuna" on 20th July.
- The single "Nunu Nana" was released in conjunction with the EP. "Nunu Nana" peaked at number two on the Gaon Digital Chart, becoming her first top-ten single as a solo artist and her highest-charting solo single.
- She joined the cast of MBC reality-variety show Hangout with Yoo in August 2020 as a member of the four-member supergroup Refund Sisters which consists of Jessi along with Korean singers Lee Hyo-ri, Uhm Jung-hwa, and Hwasa.
- The supergroup Refund Sisters made their debut on October 10, releasing their debut single, "Don't Touch Me" which peaked atop the Gaon Digital Chart for two consecutive weeks.
- She released a new digital single titled "What Type of X" (어떤X) on 17th March 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Golden Disc Awards in 2021
- Won Korea Cable TV Awards in 2016
- Won Korea First Brand Awards in 2021
- Won MBC Entertainment Awards in 2020
- Won Mnet Asian Music Awards in 2020
- Won SBS Entertainment Awards in 2020
- Won Style Icon Asia in 2016
- Won The Fact Music Awards in 2020
Who is Jessi Boyfriend?
Jessi is not married yet and she is still to get married. It was reported that she was dating Argentine-born Korean-American rapper and actor, Dumbfoundead, in the year 2016. As of now, they have split due to some reasons. However, Jessi is enjoying her single life happily. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Jessi Net Worth?
Jessi is a well-recognized singer, rapper, and songwriter. As of 2021, the net worth of Jessi is estimated to have between $1 Million-$5 Million as per sources. Whereas her exact salary is still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a considerable amount of money from her work. Jessi has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Dance and Marvel, The Nail Bar Korea, etc. Her major source of wealth comes from the music industry. She is living a cool lifestyle.
How tall is Jessi?
Jessi stands tall at the height of 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm and her weight consist of 56 kg or 123.5 lbs. Her body build is Voluptuous. She has a pair of dark brown hair and her eye color is also dark brown. She has a curvy physique with pouty lips. Additionally, she has inked a lot of tattoos on her body. She has had plastic surgery.
Trivias About Jessi You Need To Know.
- Jessi released her debut solo album "Get Up" on 1st December 2005 via Doremi Records.
- She was a member of the South Korean hip-hop group named "Lucky J" formed by YMC Entertainment.
- She was forced into a five-year hiatus from the Korean music industry after she insulted singer and actress BoA via MySpace.
- In 2016, she joined KBS's all-female cast in Sister's Slam Dunk.
- She grew up in New Jersey and then shifted to South Korea when she was 15 years old.
- She is of Korean descent.