John Morrison -Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Family, Salary, Contract, Real Name, Parents, Awards, Nationality, Height, Weight, Facts, Career, Movies
John Randall Hennigan is an American professional wrestler and actor who is professionally known as John Morrison. He won several competitions in the developmental territories to continue his path to stardom and in 2007, he formed a partnership with The Miz and the duo won the WWE and World Tag Team Championships. He is well recognized for his time in WWE, where he primarily performed under the ring name John Morrison from 2002 to 2011 and again from 2019 to 2021. He is a four-time world champion, winning the ECW World, AAA Mega, Impact World, and Lucha Underground Championship once each. In WWE, he has also held the Intercontinental Championship three times and is a six-time tag team champion. As well, John has also worked in the film and television industry whereas he mainly worked as an actor, producer, and stuntman.
John Morrison Released From WWE Contracts
John Morrison was released from his WWE contract as part of an eighth round of layoffs due to budget cuts stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic on 8th November 2021. Morrison, Isaiah "Swerve" Scott, Top Dolla, Ashante "Thee" Adonis, Tegan Nox, Drake Maverick, Shane Thorne, and Jaxson Ryker were all released from their WWE contracts in this round of cuts. Mass releases have become commonplace for WWE over the past year. This is the second round of significant roster cuts within a two-week period. On the same day that WWE touted its successful third-quarter financial report, 18 wrestlers were released from the WWE main roster and developmental brand NXT on 4th November.
- Being an American professional wrestler and actor.
- For winning several competitions in the developmental territories to continue his path to stardom and in 2007.
Where is John Morrison from?
John Morrison opened his eyes for the very first time on 3rd October 1979 in Los Angeles, California, United States. However, he grew up in Palos Verdes Peninsula. He took birth with the real name of John Randall Hennigan in a Christian religious family. He holds American nationality and American-white ethnic background. John has celebrated his 42nd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Libra. His father was James Morrison (born in Muthill, Perthshire about 1835) who was a master shoemaker employing 6 men and 5 boys. His mother was Mary Todd was (born in Alva, Clackmannan about 1830). He also has two sisters.
Regarding John's education, he graduated from the University of California, Davis in 2002, where he studied film and geology.
How did John Morrison start his career?
- John Morrison kicks off his WWE career being a cast member for "Tough Enough III" in 2002 where he eventually became the co-winner with Matt Cappotelli after which he and Cappotelli made an appearance on an episode of "Heat" in January 2004, losing to Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak.
- He then debuted on the main roster as a heel, under the ring name "Johnny Blaze" on 1st March 2004 episode of "Raw". The next week his name was changed to "Johnny Spade", and three weeks after that it was changed to "Johnny Nitro".
- Nitro and Melina were joined by Joey Mercury, forming the stable MNM and in their debut match on the main roster, MNM won the WWE Tag Team Championship from Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio on the 21st April episode of "SmackDown!".
- They won the titles again on the 28th October episode of "SmackDown!" in a four-way match defeating Legion of Doom, The Mexicools, and William Regal and Paul Burchill, but lost them to Rey Mysterio and Batista on the December 16 episode of "SmackDown!" two days before Armageddon.
- Then Nitro, along with Melina, debuted on the Raw brand in a loss to WWE Champion John Cena and Nitro held the championship for four months, feuding with several challengers before losing it to Jeff Hardy on the 2nd October episode of "Raw".
- MNM reunited on the 27th November episode of "Raw" to accept an open challenge from The Hardys (Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy) at December to Dismember, a match that they lost.
- After Mercury's departure, Nitro ended his association with Melina and he was placed in a tag team with Kenny Dykstra, until the 2007 WWE draft, during which Nitro was drafted to the ECW brand.
- Nitro made his debut for the brand on the 19th June episode of "ECW", with a win over Nunzio, and a few days later, on 24th June at Vengeance: Night of Champions, he won the vacant ECW World Championship by defeating CM Punk, replacing the absent Chris Benoit due to his double-murder suicide.
- Morrison was then suspended for thirty days for violating WWE's Wellness Program as well as competing against The Miz for the number one contenders to the title.
- Morrison and The Miz faced the dysfunctional tag team of Matt Hardy and Montel Vontavious Porter on the November 16 episode of "SmackDown!" for the WWE Tag Team Championship in a winning effort, marking Morrison's fourth WWE Tag Team Championship reign. At Survivor Series, John and The Miz were both defeated by CM Punk in a triple threat match for the ECW Championship.
- John competed in the 2008 Royal Rumble match on 27th January but failed to win after being eliminated by Kane. Morrison and Miz were given a streaming segment on WWE.com named "The Dirt Sheet" in February 2008.
- Morrison competed in the Money in the Bank ladder match, which was won by CM Punk at WrestleMania XXIV.
- Morrison and Miz won the "Tag Team of the Year" Slammy Award on the 8th December 2008 episode of "Raw" and they also won the World Tag Team Championship from CM Punk and Kofi Kingston at a live event on 13th December.
- On 13th April as part of the 2009 WWE draft, The Miz was drafted to the Raw brand to split up the team, and as a result, Miz attacked Morrison.
- John was drafted to the SmackDown brand as part of the 2009 Supplemental Draft on 15th April (2009-2010) after which he defeated R-Truth on the 17th April episode of "SmackDown" and he engaged in a backstage fight with Chris Jericho after Jericho slapped him on the 1st May of "SmackDown".
- On the 31st July episode of "SmackDown", Morrison had his first World Heavyweight Championship match against Jeff Hardy but failed to win the title.
- He defeated Rey Mysterio to win his third Intercontinental Championship on the 4th September episode of "SmackDown" and began a feud with Dolph Ziggler, after losing a non-title match to him by countout, but he would successfully defend the title against Ziggler at Hell in a Cell, and again on the following episode of "SmackDown".
- He lost the Intercontinental Championship to McIntyre, ending his reign at 103 days at the TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view, and received his rematch on the 1st January episode of "SmackDown", but was disqualified when McIntyre shoved him into the referee.
- He later won an Elimination Chamber qualifying match and participated in the Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship, but was eliminated by The Undertaker.
- On the 5th March episode of "SmackDown", John teamed with R-Truth to defeat Cryme Tyme and The Hart Dynasty to earn a Unified WWE Tag Team Championship match against ShoMiz (Big Show and The Miz). At WrestleMania XXVI, they failed to win the championship.
- He was drafted to the Raw brand as part of the 2010 WWE draft on 26th April (2010-2011) and lost his first match back for the brand later that night to Jack Swagger. Later that week, in his final match on "SmackDown", he lost to Cody Rhodes.
- Morrison entered the 2010 edition of the King of the Ring tournament, defeating Tyson Kidd, Cody Rhodes, and Alberto Del Rio.
- He received his WWE Championship match on the 3rd January 2011 episode of "Raw" but lost to reigning champion The Miz in a falls count anywhere match.
- At WrestleMania XXVII, Morrison teamed with Trish Stratus and "Jersey Shore" guest star Snooki in a mixed tag match to defeat the team of Dolph Ziggler and LayCool (Layla and Michelle McCool).
- At SummerSlam, he teamed up with Kofi Kingston and Rey Mysterio to defeat R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio, and The Miz. The following night on Raw, Morrison defeated R-Truth in a falls count anywhere match to end their feud.
- He competed in a Fatal 4-Way Match for the United States Championship at Night of Champions and then challenged Ziggler for the championship at Survivor Series, but was defeated by Ziggler.
- Hennigan revealed in 2015 on Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast that WWE wanted him to sign another multi-year contract, but due to a neck injury, residual pain, and creative frustrations, he decided to not renew his contract, wanting "more control over his time".
- Later Hennigan started wrestling on the independent circuit under his real name after leaving WWE and on his first post-WWE wrestling appearance, Hennigan rekindled an old feud, facing off against Shelton Benjamin in the main event of the World Wrestling Fan Xperience (WWFX) Champions Showcase Tour in Manila, the Philippines on 4th February 2012. Hennigan won the match to become the inaugural WWFX Heavyweight Champion.
- He defeated Carlito Caribbean Cool in FWE Welcome to the Rumble II on 21st June 2013, winning the FWE Heavyweight Championship. The next day, Hennigan defended the title against Too Cold Scorpio at House of Hardcore 2.
- It was announced on 28th June 2016 that Hennigan would make his debut for Pro Wrestling Guerilla in the company's annual Battle of Los Angeles tournament. He won his match against Matt Sydal in the first round but was eliminated by Ricochet in the quarter-finals.
- Morrison won a tournament at a 5 Star Wrestling event for the 5 Star Wrestling Championship on 28th January 2017, defeating Moose, Drew Galloway, and Rey Mysterio to win the title. On 8th February 2018, he lost the title against Jake Hager after over a year as champion.
- Subsequently, it was reported in September 2014 that Hennigan had signed with the El Rey network's new television series, Lucha Underground, where he wrestled under the ring name Johnny Mundo.
- Mundo wrestled in the main event of the debut episode of Lucha Underground on 29th October 2014, defeating Prince Puma and winning one hundred thousand dollars.
- Mundo participated in a 20-man "Aztec Warfare" battle royal for the Lucha Underground Championship on 7th January 2015. He was the second luchador to enter the ring but was the last man eliminated by Prince Puma who won the Championship.
- In the main event, Mundo, Black, and Evans defeated Rey Mysterio Jr., Prince Puma, and Dragon Azteca Jr. to win the Lucha Underground Trios Championship, the first championship for each in Lucha Underground.
- Mundo defeated Sexy Star on the 26th October episode of "Lucha Underground" to win the Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods Championship after he knocked out Sexy Star with brass knuckles while the referee was unaware.
- On the 21st December episode of Lucha Underground, Mundo successfully defended his championship in a rematch against Sexy Star inside a steel cage. He lost the title to Prince Puma at "Ultima Lucha Tres".
- Mundo wrestled on the final episode of Lucha Underground, Ultima Lucha Cuatro, defeating Matanza Cueto in a Sacrifice to the Gods match on 17th November 2018.
- Furthermore, Mundo made his debut for Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (AAA) at the Lucha Libre World Cup event on 24th May 2015 representing Lucha Underground as a member of "Team TNA/Lucha Underground".
- On 27th September Konnan announced Mundo as an official member of the "rudo" stable, "La Sociedad", while he subsequently stepped down as the leader of the group.
- On 4th October at Heroes Inmortales IX, Mundo unsuccessfully challenged El Patron Alberto for the AAA Mega Championship, when he was defeated by disqualification.
- Mundo challenged the latter to a match at Triplemania XXIV for the AAA Latin American Championship, to which Pentagon accepted, and at the event, on 28th August Mundo defeated Pentagon to win the Latin American Championship, marking his first championship in AAA and becoming the first non-Mexican to hold the title.
- Mundo successfully defended his title against Garza Jr on 2nd October in the main event of "Heroes Inmortales X" as well as he defeated El Texano Jr. and El Hijo del Fantasma in a three-way match to not only retain the Latin American Championship on 19th March 2017 but to also win Texano's AAA Mega Championship and Fantasma's AAA World Cruiserweight Championship.
- Mundo successfully defended his three championships against Fantasma and Texano in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match on 26th August at Triplemanía XXV but lost the AAA Mega Championship to Rey Wagner, ending his reign at 314 days on 26th January 2018 at Guerra de Titanes.
- John's first feud in the promotion was with Eli Drake when Impact made his televised in-ring debut on the 24th August episode of "Impact!".
- Pro Wrestling Insider reported on 8th July that Hennigan's contract with Impact Wrestling had expired several weeks prior to the event, and the two sides agreed to have Hennigan work until Slammiversary.
- Later it was reported by Mike Johnson of Pro Wrestling Insider on 26th September 2019 that Hennigan had re-signed with WWE, which was officially confirmed by the company on December 3 during "WWE Backstage".
- He made his return on the 3rd January 2020 episode of "SmackDown" under his John Morrison ring name and resumed his partnership with The Miz, thus re-establishing him as a heel for the first time in WWE in 10 years.
- At Super ShowDown, Miz and Morrison won the SmackDown Tag Team Championship from The New Day.
- As part of the 2020 Draft in October, both Morrison and Miz were drafted to the Raw brand. At Hell in a Cell, John accompanied Miz in his match against Otis for the contract, which Miz won.
- He ended a nearly seven-month losing streak after defeating Drew McIntyre and Sheamus in a 3-on-2 handicap match alongside The Miz and AJ Styles on the 7th December episode of "Raw".
- Morrison entered the 2021 Royal Rumble match on 31st January lasting over eight minutes before being eliminated by Damian Priest and at the Elimination Chamber event on 21st February 2021, he defeated Ricochet, Elias, and Mustafa Ali in a fatal four-way match for an opportunity at the United States Championship.
- Later that night, he failed to win the title in a triple threat match against Riddle and reigning champion Bobby Lashley, as Riddle won the match.
- After this, Morrison and Miz feuded with rapper Bad Bunny and Damian Priest and they faced Bad Bunny and Priest in a tag team match but lost at WrestleMania 37 on 10th April.
- John would embark on a singles run, starting by defeating Jeff Hardy on the 14th June episode of "Raw" after the Miz suffered an injury at WrestleMania Backlash. The same week, he defeated Randy Orton to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match at the namesake pay-per-view event, which was won by Big E.
- Additionally, as part of an eighth round of layoffs due to budget cuts stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, John was released from his WWE contract on 18th November 2021.
- Besides, outside of WWE, Hennigan began referring to himself as the "Mayor of Slamtown", a fictional town he first coined in Lucha Underground in 2015. Hennigan filed to trademark the term "Slamtown" in November 2020.
Other Media Appearance
- Hennigan appeared on two episodes of "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" in 2009 and appeared on an episode of Destroy Build Destroy on 3rd March 2010.
- He was on the cover of "Muscle & Fitness" in June 2010 whereas he is also a frequent collaborator with comic book-based film producers Bat in the Sun Productions, appearing in two episodes of their well-known "Super Power Beat Down" series; playing as Casey Jones against Kick-Ass in episode 13, and as Winter Soldier against Nightwing in episode 19.
- Hennigan portrayed Eternal Warrior in the web series "Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe" and pursued a career in the film industry as an actor and filmmaker after leaving WWE in 2011.
- He starred in "20 Feet Below: The Darkness Descending" with Danny Trejo, as well as served as co-producer of the film in 2013 and released his first feature film titled "Boone: The Bounty Hunter" in 2017.
- Hennigan started working on his directorial debut, a short film titled "The Iron Sheik Massacre" in 2018 which he also produced and co-wrote with his wife Kira Forster. It was expected to be released in 2020 but has yet to have an official release date.
- Also, he was a contestant on the 37th season of "Survivor, Survivor: David vs. Goliath".
Awards and Achievements
5 Star Wrestling
- 5 Star Wrestling Championship (1 time)
- One Night Tournament (2017)
- ACW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
The Baltimore Sun
- Tag Team of the Year (2008) - with The Miz
- BCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Continental Wrestling Federation
- CWF United States Championship (1 time)
- Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (1 time)
European Pro Wrestling
- EPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Family Wrestling Entertainment
- FWE Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Impact World Championship (1 time)
Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide
- AAA Mega Championship (1 time)
- AAA Latin American Championship (1 time)
- AAA World Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)
- Lucha Libre World Cup (2016 Men's Division) - with Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Brian Cage
- Lucha Underground Championship (1 time)
- Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods Championship (1 time)
- Lucha Underground Trios Championship (1 time) - with Jack Evans and PJ Black
- Second Triple Crown Champion
- Mondo Lucha Championship (1 time)
- Mondo Lucha Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Matt Cross
Next Generation Wrestling
- NGW World Championship (1 time)
- NGW World Title Tournament (2013)
Ohio Valley Wrestling
- OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Joey Matthews
- Pacific Coast Wrestling/PCW Ultra
- PCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2009)
- Tag Team of the Year (2005) - with Joey Mercury
- Ranked No. 24 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2017
Qatar Pro Wrestling
- QPW Souq Waqif Championship (1 time)
- QPW Souq Waqif Title Tournament (2015)
- Rogue Championship (1 time)
- Rogue Championship Tournament (2019)
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
- ECW World Championship (1 time)
- WWE Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
- WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Joey Mercury (3) and The Miz
- World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with The Miz
- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with The Miz
- ECW World Championship Tournament (2007)
- Tough Enough III (2003) with Matt Cappotelli
- Slammy Award (2 times)
- Tag Team of the Year (2008) - with The Miz
- Best WWE.com Exclusive (2008) - with The Miz
World Series Wrestling
- WSW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Wrestling Fan Xperience
- WWFX Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Tag Team of the Year (2008) - with The Miz
Who is John Morrison Wife?
John Morrison is a married guy. He got engaged to wrestler Kira Forster aka Taya Valkyrie in June of 2017 and they got married on 1st June 2018. They are having a blissful life sharing lots of love with each other and they are very less likely to get a divorce. Reflecting on John's sexual orientation, he is straight. Furthermore, he was previously in a relationship with wrestler Melina Perez.
What is the Net Worth of John Morrison?
John Morrison is a versatile guy who has a net worth of $ 4.5 million as of 2021 whereas he has also a fine amount of salary which is around $ 550,000 per year. He has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. He couldn't have been more thankful to God for what He's blessed with. John has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his professional wrestler and actor career.
How tall is John Morrison?
John Morrison is 6 ft 0 in (183 cm) tall and his body weighs around 215 lb (98 kg). He has attractive long dark brown hair and eyes color. Enriched with the toned bicep and perfect built, John doesn't hesitate to go shirtless. The image of this shirtless wrestler who looks super hot flaunting his body is available everywhere on the internet. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About John Morrison You Need To Know.
- John is known by his nickname "The Shaman of Sexy."
- He won several competitions in the developmental territories to continue his path to stardom.
- In 2007, he formed a partnership with The Miz and the duo won the WWE and World Tag Team Championships.
- He featured fellow wrestlers Garza Jr. and The Miz in a group photo he posted to his Instagram account in February 2021.
- He is also known for being a contestant on the 37th season of the competitive reality show Survivor.