John Prine - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Cause of Death, Nationality, Married, Wife, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, History, Songs, Albums, Health, Movies, News
John Prine is an American country folk singer-songwriter better known for his humorous style of country music having elements of protest and social commentary. Prine is one of the most influential songwriters of his generation who has recorded more than 3 albums for Atlantic. Prine was honored with the Grammys Lifetime Achievement Award at the 62nd annual awards show on January 26, 2020. Prine is currently in critical condition because of COVID-19 and is hospitalized since Thursday, March 26, 2020.
What is John Prine Famous for?
- Famous as Grammy Award-winning country-folk singer-songwriter.
Where was John Prine Born?
John Prine was born on October 10, 1946, in Maywood, Illinois, United States. His birth name is John Prine. His nationality is American. Prine belongs to White ethnicity while Libra is his zodiac sign.
Prine was born in a normal family to William Prine(father) and Verna Hamm(mother). His father was a tool-and-die maker, while his mother was a homemaker. John grew up in the Maywood suburb of Chicago along with his three brothers: David, Doug, and Billy. John even learned to play guitar by his brother at the age of 14.
Prine attended Proviso East High School in Maywood, Illinois and also attended classes at Chicago's Old Town School of Folk Music.
Prine even served as a mailman for five years and also worked in the Army during the Vietnam War era, serving in Germany. After then he decided to pursue his career in music and then moved to Chicago.
John Prine's Career Highlights
- John Prine began his professional career with the release of his self-titled debut album in 1971.
- Prine was actually discovered by Kristofferson as he brought Prine to New York to perform at the Bitter End and the next morning, Prine had a $25,000 contract with Atlantic Records.
- He released his second album, "Diamonds In The Rough" in 1972 and then his third album, "Sweet Revenge" in 1973.
- In 1975, he released his fourth album, "Common Sense" which turned out to be Prine's first album to be charted in the US Top 100 by Billboard.
- The same year, he toured the U.S. and Canada with a full band featuring guitarist Arlen Roth.
- Prine released his fifth album, "Bruised Orange" and sixth album, "Pink Cadillac".
- In 1981, he co-founded the independent record label, "Oh Boy Records" along with his friend, Al Bunetta.
- In 1991, Prine released his Grammy Award-winning eleventh album, "The Missing Years", and his other albums "Lost Dogs and Mixed Blessings"(1995) and "In Spite of Ourselves"(1999).
- In 2001, Prine co-starred in the Billy Bob Thornton movie, "Daddy & Them".
- Prine released his 15th album, "Fair & Square" in 2005, which later won the 2005 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Folk Album.
- In 2010, Oh Boy Records released a tribute album titled "Broken Hearts and Dirty Windows: The Songs of John Prine".
- In 2016, Prine was named winner of the "PEN/Song Lyrics Award". Prine won his second Artist of the Year award at the 2017 Americana Music Honors & Awards after previously winning in 2005.
- On April 13, 2013, he released his first new album in 13 years, titled "The Tree of Forgiveness". The album became Prine's highest-charting album on the Billboard 200.
Who is John Prine Married to?
John Prine is married to Fiona Whelan Prine. Fiona also works as his manager. The couple got married in 1996 and they have three children together, stepson Jody Whelan, Tommy, and Jack. The family resides in Nashville, Tennessee. John has married thrice. Previously he was married to Anne Prine and Rachel Peer.
Besides, Prine was diagnosed with squamous cell cancer on the right side of his neck in early 1998 so he had major surgery done but that altered his vocals, and has added a gravelly tone to his voice. He also had cancer in his left lung and underwent surgery in 2013.
On March 29, 2020, his family announced of him being in a critical condition and also that he had been hospitalized on March 26 after experiencing symptoms suddenly associated with COVID-19.
What is the Net Worth of John Prine?
The 73 years old John Pride has quite a great earning through his professional career as a singer. Being in this field for more than 4 decades, he has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars from his several hit albums and singles.
His estimated net worth is around $6 million.
How Tall is John Prine?
John Prine is a White man in his early 70s. Prine has a fair complexion with white hair and brown eyes.