Jose Jose Bio, Net Worth, Death, Death Cause, Dies at 71, Cancer, Crooner, Nationality, Wife, Kids, Famous For, Singer, Songs, Albums, Edad, Age
Jose Romulo Sosa Ortiz known by his stage name Jose Jose was a Mexican singer, musician and occasional actor. He began his musical career in his early teens playing guitar and singing in serenades. He found success as a solo artist in the early 1970s. Demonstrating his tenor vocal ability with a stunning performance of the song “El Triste” at a Latin music festival held in Mexico City in 1970, he climbed the Latin charts during that decade. Having achieved recognition as a balladeer, his singing garnered universal critical acclaim from musical peers and media. To know more about Jose, keep reading the below article.
Where is Jose Jose born?
Recalling his early life, Jose Jose is born as Jose Romulo Sosa Ortiz in Azcapotzalco, Mexico City. He was born to an operatic tenor father Jose Sosa Esquivel & a musician (pianist) mother Margarita Ortiz. He had two brothers named Hector Sosa & Sosa Manterola Sosa M.
Talking about his nationality, he is Mexican and belongs to mixed ethnicity. His birth sign is Aquarius. The information about his academic qualification is yet to be disclosed.
When did Jose Jose begin to start singing?
- Talking about his career, Jose started his career with serenades. Later, he co-founded a bossa nova and jazz trio called Los PEG, in which he sang and played bass and double bass. The band played at Mexico City's major jazz venues where musicians including Dizzy Gillespie, Erroll Garner, Antonio Carlos Jobim, and João Gilberto used to play.
- In 1967, looking for a solo career, he signed a minor contract to produce two singles under the name "Pepe Sosa". As Pepe Sosa, he released the songs "El Mundo" and "Ma Vie" without success. By the late 1960s, his fame increased as he was featured on several TV shows performing his songs live. With songs such as "Una mañana" and "Cuidado", José started to get attention from the Mexican audience and media.
- During the early 1970s, Jose became one of the best known romantic ballad singers in Latin America. He was featured constantly on popular Mexican television shows, where he shared the stage with icons of the Hispanic music scene such as Marco Antonio Muñiz, Pedro Vargas and Carlos Lico among others. In 1974, he performed at the Casino Royale & Hotel in Las Vegas.
- During the 1980s, Jose sold-out Madison Square Garden, The Dunes and performed several sessions at the Las Vegas Hilton, Greek Theatre, Gibson Amphitheatre and the Tropicana Casino and Resort Atlantic City among others.
- In 1994, after the success achieved a decade before with Secretos, José re-teamed with Manuel Alejandro and released the album Grandeza Mexicana. The title track peaked at number 12 on Billboard Hot Latin Tracks and spent over seven weeks on the charts. He did a duet with his son José Joél in the song "La Fuerza de la Sangre", the second single of the album. In 1995, he played the lead role in the movie Perdóname Todo, a drama about an alcoholic has-been and how he tries to survive against himself and the music business.
- That same year, his album "Mujeriego" was released. It sold more than 180,000 copies in its first two weeks and reached number 12 on the Billboard Latin charts. The song "Llora corazón" lasted 11 weeks on the charts and peaked at number 6, while the second single, the title track, spent only two weeks on the charts.
- In the mid-2000s, José appeared briefly as the Mystery Musician in the American movie Sueño and played the role of Erasmo Padilla (the father of Leticia "Lety" Padilla) in La Fea Más Bella, a successful Mexican version of the Colombian production Betty la Fea (adapted in the US as Ugly Betty). José recorded an emotive song called "Volver a Creer" with Yanni. The song is included on the album Yanni Voces. Yanni stated that he wanted to "help a true legend to fulfill his dream, to sing again". José Jose was invited by Yanni to sing their song live on Yanni's tour in Mexico. He published his autobiography Esta es mi Vida (This Is My Life).
Who is Jose Jose married to?
Reflecting his personal life, Jose was a married man. He was married thrice in his life. First, he was married to a Mexican actress Kikis "Natalia" Herrera Calles from 1970 to 1975. In 1976, he remarried a Mexican model Anel (Ana Elena Noreña Grass) and divorced in 1991.
With Anel, he was the father of three children include two sons named Jose Jeol, José Francisco Ortiz and a daughter named Marysol Estrella Ortíz Noreña. He married third time with Sara Salazar in 1995 and together had three daughters named Monique Salazar, Celine Salazar & Sarita Sosa Salazar. He lived in Miami, Florida with his wife before his death.
What is the reason behind the death of Jose Jose?
Local media outlets are reporting that legendary Mexican crooner José José, known as the “Prince of Song,” has died from pancreatic cancer. Multiple outlets said Saturday the singer known for sad love songs had died at a hospital in South Florida.
In March 2017, he announced that he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. On 28 September 2019, Jose died of cancer in Miami at a hospital in South Florida, at the age of 71.
Mexican broadcaster Televisa reported the singer died in Miami on Saturday after complications following treatment for pancreatic cancer. He had gone public with his cancer diagnosis in 2017.
How much net worth does Jose Jose?
From his music career, Jose must earn the sum of the good amount of money and fame being in the music sector. a singer. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $5 million at the time of his death. While his salary still is in under a review.
What is the reason behind Jose financial crisis?
In later years, José made his financial problems public. Despite being one of the most recognized Latin artists for decades, his alcoholism caused him the serious monetary loss. His career declined when he lost his vocal ability, stopping income from live performances. He claimed that during his career he was constantly defrauded by people close to him, including his former wife Anel and her brother.
In November 2008, his wife suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, Jose stated that the medical bills nearly caused him to go bankrupt. He told TV Notas magazine that he and his family lived “day to day” and in 2014, he sold his five-million-dollar house in Coral Gables, Florida, and moved to an apartment in Miami.
How tall is Jose Jose?
Before his death, Jose stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 74 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brown eyes and salt-pepper hair. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7036 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on February 10, 2004.