Facts About Josh Allen
|Celebrated Name||Josh Allen|
|Age||27 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Joshua Patrick Allen|
|Profession||Footballer , American footballer|
|Place Of Birth||Firebaugh|
|High School||Firebaugh High School|
|University||University of Wyoming|
|Net Worth||$14 Million|
|Salary||Around round $4.15 million|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Current Club||Buffalo Bills|
|Sisters||Nicala and Makenna|
|Source of Wealth||Football (Contracts, Salaries, Endorsements)|
|First Club||Buffalo Bills|
|Current City||Buffalo, New York|
Joshua Patrick Allen, professionally known as Josh Allen is an American football quarterback. Allen plays as a quarterback for the Buffalo Bills of the NFL. The Bills drafted him in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. He led the Bills to their first divisional title and second playoff appearance since 1999. In doing so, he set several franchise records as well. He has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week six times and AFC Offensive Player of the Month twice in just three NFL seasons.
Allen played collegiate football for Reedley College and later transferred to the University of Wyoming. He led the Cowboys to a Mountain West Conference division title and two bowl games.
What is Josh Allen Famous For?
- Drafted in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft by the Buffalo Bills.
- The highest-drafted NFL player from Wyoming.
Where is Josh Allen From?
Josh Allen was born on 21 May 1996. His birth name is Joshua Patrick Allen. His birth place is in Firebaugh, California in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father Joel Allen and his mother Lavonne Allen. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He has two sisters, Nicala and Makenna. He also has a younger brother, Jason who was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease while a child. He grew up on a 3,000-acre cotton farm near Firebaugh, California.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Firebaugh High School. His paternal grandfather was a longtime member of the local school board. He graduated from high school in 2014. He was a member of the National FFA Organization through his local chapter at Firebaugh High School. He also received several awards for his agricultural work and knowledge including a rank in the top four in the nation in diversified crop production of cantaloupe, cotton, and wheat in 2014.
Allen did not receive any scholarship offers from any NCAA Division I, top-level FBS, or second-tier FCS colleges. He only received an offer to walk on from San Diego State. However, he declined the offer. He attended Reedley College where he continued to play football. He led an offense that averaged 452.2 yards of total offense per game in his only season with Reedley College. He ranked at No. 9 among all California junior college teams in total offense. He averaged 285.3 passing yards per game to rank No. 7 among all California junior colleges, scored 39.4 points per game to rank No. 10 in the state, and averaged 166.9 yards rushing to rank 26th. His 26 touchdown passes tied him for No. 7 among all California junior college quarterbacks in 2014. He also ranked 20th among California JUCO quarterbacks in passing yards as a freshman, and ranked 42nd in the state in rushing, averaging 66.0 yards per game. He received a scholarship offer from Wyoming which he accepted. His first season at Wyoming ended after suffering a broken collarbone. He redshirted his first season at Wyoming. He threw for over 3,200 yards and 28 touchdowns in the 2016 season. He had made his mind to declare for the 2017 NFL Draft but ultimately decided to stay in Wyoming for one more year. He threw for 1,812 yards, 16 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions in his final season at Wyoming. He led the Cowboys to a Mountain West Conference division title and two bowl games.
Josh Allen Career
- Josh Allen declared for the 2018 NFL Draft.
- The Buffalo Bills drafted him in the first round.
- He signed a four-year contract with $21 million fully guaranteed with the Bills.
- He became a backup quarterback to Nathan Peterman in his rookie season.
- He made his first regular-season NFL debut against the Baltimore Ravens in September 2018.
- He missed four games due to an elbow injury in the 2018 season.
- He became the first quarterback in Bills history to lead the team in both passing and rushing in a season. He led all quarterbacks with eight rushing touchdowns on the season.
- He finished the 2018 season with 2,074 passing yards, 10 passing touchdowns, and 12 interceptions to go along with 89 carries for 631 rushing yards and 8 rushing touchdowns.
- He was named captain for Bill's 2019 season opener against the New York Jets.
- He finished the 2019 season with 3,089 passing yards,20 passing touchdowns, and nine interceptions to go along with 109 carries for 510 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns.
- He was one of 77 NFL players that tested positive for COVID-19 in August 2020. However, all 77 results were later revealed to have been false positives due to mishandling by the laboratory that performed the testing.
- He finished the 2020 season with 4,544 passing yards, 37 passing touchdowns, and 10 interceptions to go along with 102 carries for 421 rushing yards and 8 rushing touchdowns.
- He was awarded the PFWA Most Improved Player in 2020 and was named to the 2021 Pro Bowl.
- The Bills exercised the fifth-year option on Allen's rookie contract in May 2021.
Josh Allen NFL Records
- First quarterback to rush for at least 95 yards in three consecutive games (Week 12–14, 2018)
- The first quarterback with 10 passing touchdowns and 2 rushing touchdowns through three weeks (Week 1–3, 2020)
- The first quarterback with 375+ pass yards, 3+ pass touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and a 130+ QB rating in multiple games in a single season (Week 2, 9 & 13, 2020)
Josh Allen Buffalo Bills Records
- Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game: 135
- Longest touchdown pass by a rookie quarterback: 75 yards
- Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season: 631
- Most total touchdowns by a rookie: 18
- Most consecutive games by a quarterback scoring at least one touchdown: 21
- Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in a single season: 9 (2019)
- Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game, post-season: 92 (January 4, 2020, vs. Houston Texans)
- Most consecutive games with over 300 passing yards: 3 (shared with Jim Kelly, week 1–3, 2020)
- Most games with 300 passing yards and 4 TDs, single-season: 4 (2020)
- Most total touchdowns in a season: 46 (2020)
- Most passing touchdowns, single-season: 37 (2020)
- Most passing yards, single-season: 4,544 (2020)
Who is Josh Allen Dating?
Josh Allen is not married. However, he is not single. The Bills quarterback is dating Brittany Williams. She is a Pilates instructor and a former Fresno State Bulldogs cheerleader. They knew each other since their childhood and grew up together in Firebaugh.
How Tall is Josh Allen?
John Allen stands at a height of 1.96 m i.e. 6 feet and 5 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 237 lbs i.e. 108 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Josh Allen Salary and Net Worth?
Josh Allen earns from his professional career as a football career. His income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract with $21 million fully guaranteed with the Bills. The Bills exercised his fifth-year option in 2021. He has an annual salary of around $4.15 million at present. He is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
From the start of his professional career, he has a sponsorship deal with Nike. He is one of 8 NFL ambassadors for New Era Cap Company and worked with its team to design a special-edition cap to benefit Oishei Children's Hospital in Buffalo. He is a shareholder in a golf manufacturer and golf entertainment company, OnCore Golf Technology, Inc. He partnered with PLB Sports & Entertainment and Wegmans in September 2020 to produce his own cereal, Josh' Jaqs. Among all others, he also has invested in his family's farm, the Allen Ranch. Summing up, Allen earns from his professional career as a football player as well as from his business ventures. His net worth is estimated at $14 million.
Trivias About Josh Allen You Need To Know.
- He played college football at Wyoming.
- He was drafted by the Bills in the first round (7th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft, becoming the highest drafted NFL player from the University of Wyoming and the highest drafted quarterback in Bills' history.
- He grew up along with his siblings, Makenna Allen, Jason Allen, and Nicala Allen.
- He is currently dating his girlfriend, Brittany Williams.
- His great-grandfather emigrated from Sweden in 1907.
- He grew up as a Fresno State fan.
- He played several sports while in high school.
- He worked on the family farm and at the restaurant his mother operated in Firebaugh.
- His old Twitter posts using racial and homophobic slurs were brought up on the day of the 2018 NFL Draft.
- He was drafted 7th overall.
- His jersey number is 17.
- His hurdle over Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr on one of his scrambles to pick up the first down went viral on social media.
- Allen is friends with Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold and Washington Football Team quarterback Kyle Allen.
- He graduated with a bachelor's degree in social science from the University of Wyoming.
- Allen is a spokesperson for the John R. Oishei Children's Hospital in Buffalo.
- He donated $200 to the ohn R. Oishei Children's Hospital for each of his touchdowns during the 2019 season. He donated $5,800 after scoring 29 total touchdowns.
- Allen donated $25,000 to the Terry and Kim Pegula Western New York COVID-19 Community Response Fund in March 2020.
- He matched $10,000 in donations to Kaleida Health's COVID-19 Response Fund.
- He supports Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the Jessie Rees Foundation among several other organizations.