Kaitlan Collins - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Husband, Family, Age, Personal Life, Parents, Nationality, Career, Height, Facts, Wiki, Education
Kaitlan L Collins, popularly known as Kaitlan Collins is an American journalist. She has been working for CNN. She started her career as a freelance blogger and writer. Collins previously served as the White House Correspondent for the website, The Daily Caller. She joined CNN as a White House correspondent in 2017. She was once barred from a Trump administration press conference in the White Hous Rose Garden in July 2018. She had asked Trump questions about Russian President Vladimir Putin and Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen in the Oval Office. She was barred for her asking inappropriate questions.
She has over 593k followers on Twitter and over 64k followers on Instagram.
What is Kaitlan L Collins Famous For?
- White House Correspondent for CNN.
- Former White House Correspondent for the website The Daily Caller.
Where is Kaitlan L Collins From?
Kaitlan Collins was born on 7 April 1992. Her birth name is Kaitlan L Collins. Her birth place is in Prattville, Alabama in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She has three younger siblings. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Aries. Her father's name is Jeff Collins. Information about her mother is not available at present.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Prattville High School. Following high school graduation, she attended the University of Alabama. She graduated from Alabama with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Journalism in 2014.
Kaitlan Collins White House Correspondent
- After graduating from Alabama in 2014, she moved to Washington, D.C.
- She started out as a freelance blogger and writer.
- She then joined The Daily Caller as an entertainment reporter in June 2014.
- In January 2017, she became the website's White House correspondent.
- She joined CNN as a White House correspondent.
Source: [email protected]
- Collins was barred from a Trump administration press conference in the White House Rose Garden in July 2018. She said that she was barred from the event after asking Trump questions about Russian President Vladimir Putin and Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen in the Oval Office.
- Trump's press secretary Sarah Sanders asserted that Collins "shouted questions and refused to leave". Trump's advisor Kellyanne Conway said that the action was about "being polite".
- CNN stated that the ban on Collins was "retaliatory" and "not indicative of an open and free press."
- The White House Correspondents Association called the ban "wholly inappropriate, wrong-headed, and weak".
- The president of Fox News Jay Wallace issued a statement in support of Collins. He said that his organization "[stood] in strong solidarity with CNN for the right to full access for our journalists as part of a free and unfettered press."
- Collins received criticism in October 2018 after her old tweets surfaced. She was accused of using homophobic language on her tweets.
- She wrote in one of her tweets, "Prologue to Canterbury Tales, you fag." She had written in another tweet that she doesn't know if she wants to "room with a lesbian".
- She later issued an apology.
- In April 2020, Collins questioned President Trump about his claim of total authority to manage social distancing restrictions related to the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- She refused to comply with an order by a White House official at a White House press briefing in April 2020. She was ordered to exchange a seat closer to the front of the assigned press corp seating with another reporter representing a different news outlet seated in the rear. Collins' assigned seat was on the front row, where correspondents representing major networks like CNN, NBC, and others had been assigned seating in the briefing room under social distancing protocol, under a plan managed by the White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) and agreed to by White House officials the previous month. Collins' refusal to comply with the order issued by the White House official prompted that official to suggest that Secret Service may be summoned, a development that ultimately did not unfold.
Source: [email protected]
Kaitlan Collins Boyfriend
Kaitlan Collins is unmarried. She is reportedly engaged to Will Douglas. Douglas is the owner of Crimson Care Pharmacy Care. The couple has been dating since 2015. More information about her personal life will be updated here.
Kaitlan Collins Height
Former White House correspondent Kaitlan Collins stands at a height of 1.73 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches tall. She has a slim boy build. Her hair color is dark blonde and her eye color is dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Kaitlan Collins Net Worth
Kaitlan Collins started her career as a freelance blogger and writer. She also worked as a White House correspondent for CNN. Her major income comes from her journalism career. She is one of the promising journalists in the industry. Her net worth is estimated at $1.5 million at present.
Trivias About Kaitlan Collins You Need To Know.
- She was a member of Alpha Phi Sorority.
- She is among the youngest White House correspondents the CNN has ever hired.
- As a White House correspondent, she has traveled to at least half a dozen countries with President, Donald Trump.
- Mediaite named Collins one of 50 Most Influential Person in News Media among new figures in 2019.
- Collins was named to Crain's NewsPro's 12 to Watch in TV News in January 2019.
- Forbes magazine named her 30 under 30: Media in 2019.
- She has appeared on numerous television and web shows.