Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:17 am
Facts About Kami Rita Sherpa
|Celebrated Name||Kami Rita Sherpa|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Kami Rita|
|Birth Name||Kami Rita Sherpa|
|Place Of Birth||Thame, Solukhumbu District, Nepal|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Facebook|
Kami Rita Sherpa, who is also known as Kami Rita, is a highly regarded Nepali Sherpa guide. Since May 2018, he has held the impressive record for the most ascents to the summit of Mount Everest. Recognized for his remarkable achievements, he has climbed Mount Everest numerous times. In 2021, he became the third person, alongside Apa Sherpa and Phurba Tashi Sherpa, to reach the summit of Everest 21 times, setting a shared record. However, on May 16, 2018, at the age of 48, Kami Rita surpassed this feat and became the first person in the world to conquer Everest 22 times. He currently holds the outstanding record for the most 8,000-meter summits, with a total of 37. In addition to his numerous Everest achievements, Kami Rita has also conquered other significant peaks. He has successfully scaled Cho-Oyu eight times (in 2001, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2016), Lhotse once in 2011, and K2 once in 2014. On May 7, 2021, he broke his own record by reaching the summit of Everest for the 25th time. He further surpassed his own achievement on May 7, 2022, with his 26th ascent. However, on May 17, 2023, Kami Rita reclaimed his title by completing his remarkable 27th climb of Mount Everest, just three days after fellow Sherpa Pasang Dawa matched his previous record. Apart from his mountaineering accomplishments, Kami Rita is also active on social media platforms. You can find him on Instagram as kamiritasherpa, where he has an impressive following of 28K, as well as on Facebook.
What Nationality is Kami Rita Sherpa?
Kami Rita Sherpa, a Nepali national, was born on January 17, 1970, in Thame, Solukhumbu District, Nepal. As an Asian by ethnicity and a follower of the Hindu religion, he recently celebrated his 53rd birthday in 2023. According to his horoscope, he falls under the zodiac sign of Capricorn. However, it is important to note that race is a social construct, and it would be inaccurate to assign a specific racial categorization such as "black" to Kami Rita Sherpa. Kami has chosen not to disclose information about his mother. However, we know that his father played a significant role as one of the pioneering Sherpa guides when Mount Everest became accessible to foreign mountaineers in 1950. Kami Rita Sherpa also has a sibling, a brother named Lakpa Rita, who is a guide as well and has achieved the remarkable feat of scaling Everest 17 times.
Sherpa breaks record with 27th Mount Everest summit
- Kami Rita Sherpa began his work in the mountains by assisting a Base Camp cook in 1992. However, there are reports stating that he started working as a porter, transporting gear to the Everest base camp when he was only 12 years old. Remarkably, by the age of 24, he had already scaled Everest.
- In 2018, he expressed his dissatisfaction with the lack of support from the government towards Sherpas. Despite their international fame, he claimed that the government showed little concern for their welfare. He cited an incident in 2017 when Ang Rita Sherpa suffered a brain hemorrhage and received no support from the government. Kami Rita also highlighted the ongoing dangers of mountaineering, mentioning the 2014 Mount Everest ice avalanche that claimed the lives of 16 Sherpas and the 2015 avalanches following the Nepal earthquake, which resulted in the death of 10 Sherpas at the Everest Base Camp. He emphasized the deep crevasses and unpredictable slopes as hazards of the occupation. NPR reported in April 2018 that Sherpas accounted for one-third of Everest deaths.
- Then in 2018, Kami earned around $10,000 per Everest climb due to his extensive experience. He guided clients up to smaller peaks in Nepal during the autumn when the highest peaks are safe. He was employed by Seven Summit Treks as of May 2019, arranging climbing expeditions. Prior to that, he had worked for the American firm Alpine Ascents International.
- Since August 2019, Kami Rita has served as the Brand Ambassador and Chief Adventure Consultant for Himalayan Glacier Adventure and Travel Company. He expressed no plans of retiring as long as his physical condition allows him to continue climbing. Additionally, he became a brand ambassador for the Nepalese cement product, Brij Super Premium OPC.
- It's worth noting that there is another Kami Rita Sherpa working on Everest who completed his 16th summit in 2017 with Adventure Consultants.
- Moreover, Rita broke his own record by reaching the summit of Everest for the 25th time on May 7, 2021. He surpassed this achievement again on May 7, 2022, with his 26th ascent. However, on May 17, 2023, just three days after fellow Sherpa Pasang Dawa matched his record, Kami Rita reclaimed his title by completing his 27th climb of Mount Everest.
Kami Rita Sherpa Personal Life: Wife & Children
Kami Rita Sherpa is happily married to his wife, Lakpa Jangmu. They share a loving bond, and their relationship is a testament to their enduring love. Together, they have two children. Kami Rita is committed to providing his children with an education that will open doors to less dangerous career paths than guiding mountaineers. He acknowledges that their family's past circumstances led them to rely on climbing perilous mountains for survival. However, he aspires for his children to have alternative opportunities. In a 2018 report, Lakpa Jangmu expressed her desire for Kami Rita to retire from mountaineering and explore other job possibilities or start a small business, but he remains dedicated to his passion. It is clear that their love and commitment to each other are remarkable, and their relationship is expected to endure throughout their lives. Sherpa identifies as heterosexual, meaning he is romantically and sexually attracted to individuals of the opposite gender.
Kami Rita Sherpa's Net Worth
Kami Rita Sherpa is an exceptional individual who has amassed a remarkable breadth of experience and consistently remains dedicated to his pursuits. His career as a mountaineer has allowed him to reach extraordinary heights. As of 2023, his estimated net worth ranges from $1 million to $5 million, although his exact salary has not been disclosed. In 2018, Kami Rita earned approximately $10,000 for each climb of Everest, a reflection of his extensive expertise in the field. Beyond his mountaineering accomplishments, he also serves as a brand ambassador for Brij Super Premium OPC, a cement product manufactured in Nepal. While his Sherpa guiding career serves as his primary source of income, he finds immense satisfaction and happiness in his chosen profession.
Kami Rita Sherpa Measurement: Height, Weight, Size & Color
Kami Rita Sherpa possesses a stature that reflects his dedication and resilience, along with an appealing appearance and a well-maintained physique. Standing at a standard height, he presents a convincing presence, complemented by suitable body weight. With his black hair and dark brown eyes, he exudes a captivating aura. His athletic body builds further demonstrate his commitment to physical fitness. It is essential to recognize and admire his robust physical and mental capabilities, which enable him to undertake and successfully complete the demanding and perilous endeavors in his career.
Trivias About Kami Rita Sherpa You Need To Know.
- Kami's first work on a mountain was in 1992, assisting a Base Camp cook.
- Kami Rita currently holds the record for most 8,000 meter summits, with 37 total.
- Most recently, he scaled the mountain for a 27th time on 17 May 2023, breaking his own record set on 7 May 2022.
- In 2017, Kami Rita was the third person to ascend to the summit of Everest 21 times, sharing this record with Apa Sherpa and Phurba Tashi Sherpa.
- On 16 May 2018, at age 48, Kami Rita became the first person in the world to climb Everest 22 times.