Karlie Kloss - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Career, Wedding, Husband, Kids, Religion, Ethnicity, Height, Age, Wiki, Sister, Birthday, Famous for, Supermodel
Karlie Kloss is an American supermodel and entrepreneur. She is regarded as one of the leading supermodels in the fashion industry. In September 2014, she was featured on the cover page of the iconic Vogue magazine along with other prominent models, namely Cara Delevingne, Joan Smalls, Arizona Muse, Edie Campbell, Fei Fei Sun, Vanessa Axente, Imaan Hammam, and Andreea Diaconu. She has supported various charitable organizations that provide food to starving children all over the world. An alumnus of New York University, she also supports young girls by offering them scholarships to pursue software engineering and computer science. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Karlie Kloss famous for?
- An American fashion model and entrepreneur.
When was Karlie Kloss Born?
Recalling her early life, Karlie was born in Chicago, Illinois, the USA in the year 1992. Her father's name is Kurt Kloss and her mother's name is Tracy Kloss. Also, She shared her childhood with three sisters; Kristine, Kariann, and Kim Kloss. Similarly, she is an American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Leo and she is Christianity by faith.
Where is Karlie Kloss educated?
Concerning her education, Karlie attended Western Groves High School, Missouri, USA and she also attended the Gallatin School of Individualized Study of New York University.
When did Karlie Kloss begin her modeling career?
- Moving towards her career, Karlie participated in a local charity fashion show in St. Louis where she was discovered by an agent. Subsequently, she started getting modeling offers which encouraged her to pursue a career in modeling.
- In the same year, she posed for the June issue of Scene Magazine for an editorial spread titled Almost Famous. She was featured on the cover page of the magazine and her pictures were shot in Chicago by photographer David Leslie Anthony.
- Her pictures from Scene Magazine were forwarded by the Elite Modeling Agency (Chicago branch) to its New York counterpart. Subsequently, she was contacted by Elite New York which then brought her to New York. One of the first modeling assignments that she signed through the agency was for Abercrombie Kids. Her photographs for the brand’s ad campaign were shot by the legendary fashion photographer Bruce Weber.
- In January 2008, she was signed by NEXT Model Management. Her decision to switch from Elite New York to NEXT Model Management proved beneficial for her modeling career as she walked the ramp on 64 occasions in a single season. The season saw her walking runways in New York, Milan, and Paris for major designers like Marc Jacobs, Carolina Herrera, and Doo-Ri Chung.
- Her former agency Elite New York sued NEXT Model Management for stealing one of its young stars by offering her improper compensation. Elite went on to argue that it was responsible for launching her modeling career. The case was settled out of court between the two agencies.
- In February 2008, she appeared alongside Chanel Iman and Ali Michael on the cover page of Teen Vogue magazine. In October 2009, she appeared on the cover of the Italian edition of Vogue. Subsequently, she became a regular feature for Vogue published in different countries, such as Turkey, China, Portugal, Japan, Germany, and France.
- She became one of the regular models for the international fashion house Christian Dior which signed her for a third consecutive season in 2011. After representing Next Model Management for four years, She signed with IMG Models. In 2012, she co-hosted the MTV show House of Style with fellow model Joan Smalls.
- In 2013, she was signed by famous fashion brands, such as Donna Karan, Lacoste, and Lanvin for their respective promotional campaigns. She also posed for the iconic lingerie brand Victoria’s Secret, working on a promotional video for the brand’s 2013 summer swimwear collection. In April 2013, she featured in a promotional campaign for the luxury fashion brand Louis Vuitton. In the same year, she was named as one of the brand ambassadors for the American fashion company Coach Inc. and featured in its promotional campaigns.
- In 2014, she appeared in campaigns for Donna Karan, Nike, Jean-Paul Gaultier, and Lancaster. She was also seen in promotional campaigns for the famous perfume manufacturer Chanel Coco Noir. She created a line of denim wear named after her by collaborating with the Frame Denim brand of clothing. In September 2014, she was signed by L’Oreal Paris to represent the French personal care company’s range of products.
- Along with some of her friends, she appeared on the cover of Vogue magazine’s September 2014 edition. In the same year, she collaborated with the online retailer Warby Parker to create an eyewear line, the proceeds of which were donated to a charity organization.
- In 2015, she starred in the music video of the song I’ll be there for the legendary American band Chic. She also appeared in the music video of Taylor Swift’s song Bad Blood. She went on to appear alongside Swift during the singer’s concert in London’s Hyde Park as well as at the ‘MetLife Stadium’ in New Jersey, USA.
- In July 2015, she started her YouTube channel named Klossy. In May 2016, she was signed by the crystal brand Swarovski. In April 2017, she made an appearance on the Netflix series Bill Nye Saves the World.
- In 2017, she announced that she would have her own TV show Movie Night with Karlie Kloss on the Disney owned pay television channel Freeform. She was also featured in the March 2017 issue of American Vogue.
- In April 2018, she was announced as the spokesmodel and brand ambassador for the luxury cosmetics brand Estee Lauder. She is currently signed by designer Marc Jacob’s perfume brand Lola.
- She has represented most of the leading fashion brands around the world. Apart from world-renowned brands like Adidas, she has also modeled for leading designers and luxury brands like John Galliano, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Pringle of Scotland, Dolce & Gabbana, Nina Ricci, Christian Dior, Hermes, etc.
- She has been acclaimed for her unique style of walking the ramp. Vogue magazine has declared her to be one of the top 30 models of the 2000s. A famous modeling website claims that she represents the gold standard in the modeling profession because of her poise, confidence, and looks.
- In October 2019, She narrated the season 2 episode "Coding" on the Netflix and Vox Media television show Explained.
Who is Karlie Kloss married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Karlie was married to Joshua Kushner, a businessman and entrepreneur in 2018 after dating for six years. Upon his marriage, she converted her religion from Judaism to Christianity.
How rich is Karlie Kloss?
Being a model and ballet dancer, Karlie earns an impressive amount of money and salary from her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $30 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Karlie Kloss?
Observing her body physics, Karlie stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 57 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of hazel eyes and light brown hair color. Further, her body measures 34-23-34 inches and she used 32B bra size. Her shoe size is 9 (US) and dress size is 4 (US).
Trivias About Karlie Kloss You Need To Know.
- In 2011, she signed with Christian Dior and appeared in her first Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
- She is of mostly German descent, along with one eighth Danish ancestry and a great-grandfather who was born in Poland.
- Resigned from being a Victoria's Secret Angel to attend New York University.
- Loves baking and has a gluten- and dairy-free cookie line called Karlie's Kookies. Proceeds go to FEED Projects.