Kobe Bryant - Bio, Net Worth, Affair, Wife, NBA, Awards, Salary, Height, Age, Facts, Wiki, Retired, Death, Crash, Daughter, Current Team, Contract
Kobe Bean Bryant famed as Kobe Bryant was an American former professional basketball player who has played his entire 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He entered the NBA directly from high school and won five NBA championships. Overall, he is an 18-time All-Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, and 12-time member of the All-Defensive team. In the year 2018, he won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film for his film Dear Basketball.
Kobe Bryant Says Daughter Capri Is ‘Our Best Baby’: ‘She Sleeps Like Six Hours!’
Kobe Bryant has no problem praising the newest addition to his family for being the “best baby.” On June 20th, the NBA icon and his wife, Vanessa, welcomed their fourth daughter, Capri Kobe Bryant. “She has been our best baby,” the proud father gushed of Koko (her nickname) to Extra in a recent interview. “She sleeps like six hours. She’s an absolute sweetheart.” The newest member of the “Bryant Bunch” joined the couple’s three older daughters: Bianka Bella, 2½, Gianna Maria-Onore, 13, and Natalia Diamante, 16 all of which have helped their parents with the arrival of their new baby sister. “The big girls help around the house tremendously,” Bryant told the outlet. “Bianka absolutely loves her the only challenge we have is she wants to kiss her too much.” The excited family first announced that they would be welcoming another child into their “bunch” in January, sharing the sweetest posts on Instagram as they rang in the New Year. Though the dad is surrounded by women, he said he wouldn’t mind having a fifth daughter after little Koko. “It’s Vanessa’s decision to make,” he admitted. “She wants a boy more than I do. I’m comfortable having girls. It drives her crazy when I say that she says, ‘We’re gonna get five girls ’cause you spoke it to existence.'” The basketball legend previously admitted that his wife was hoping to have a boy one day when speaking to Extra in 2017.
Early Life of Kobe Bryant
On 23rd August 1978, Kobe Bryant was born in Philadelphia, the USA as Kobe Bean Bryant. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Black. His religion is Christian and his horoscope sign is Virgo. As of 2019, he celebrated his 41st birthday with his friends and families. He is the youngest of three children and only son of former NBA player Joe Bryant and Pamela Cox Bryant. He is also the maternal nephew of basketball player John "Chubby" Cox. His parents named him after the famous beef of Kobe, Japan, which they saw on a restaurant menu. His middle name, Bean, is derived from his father's nickname "Jellybean". When Bryant was six, his father retired from the NBA and moved his family to Rieti in Italy to continue playing professional basketball at a lower level. He earned national recognition during a spectacular high school career at Lower Merion High School in Ardmore.
Body Measurements of Kobe Bryant
Kobe is a very handsome person with an attractive personality. His body build is athletic. He has a tall height of 6 ft 4 in or 193 cm with a balanced weight of 96 KG or 212 LBS. His other body measurements have not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Career of Kobe Bryant
- In the year 1996, Kobe was drafted into the ‘National Basketball Association’ (NBA) by the ‘Charlotte Hornets,’ before he was traded to play for the ‘Los Angeles Lakers’ team.
- In the 1996-1997 ‘NBA’ season, he played well and created a record by becoming the youngest player ever to play in an ‘NBA’ game.
- In the ‘All-Star weekend,’ held in February 1997, he won the ‘Slam Dunk Contest’ and registered his name as the youngest player to win this championship.
- His remarkable performances during the year got him a place in the ‘NBA All-Rookie’ second team.
- In the 1997-98 ‘NBA’ season, he performed better than the previous season and was voted the ‘NBA All-Star’ starter.
- He was the youngest ‘NBA’ player to receive this honor.
- In the following season, he played exceptionally well and established himself as a premier guard in the league.
- He entered into a contract with the ‘Lakers’ team which extended for six years.
- In the year 1999, the former American basketball player Phil Jackson was appointed as the coach of the ‘Lakers’ team and this helped Bryant improve his skills in basketball.
- He excelled as a shooting guard in the league and played with the ‘All-Star,’ ‘All-NBA,’ and ‘All-Defensive’ teams.
- He led his team to victory and they became champions from 2000 to 2002.
- In the 2002-2003 season, the ‘Lakers’ could not make it to the finals after their loss to the ‘San Antonio Spurs.’
- He could not take part in the initial matches of the 2003-2004 NBA season, but when he resumed, he led his team to the finals and even won the ‘Pacific Division’ title.
- But they lost to the ‘Detroit Pistons’ team.
- Rudy Tomjanovich was appointed as the new coach of the ‘Lakers’ team and Kobe signed a seven-year contract with the ‘Lakers.’
- ‘Lakers’ lost the playoffs which had not happened in years.
- Also, coach Rudy resigned from his post.
- The 2005-2006 ‘NBA’ season was a season of revival for the ‘Lakers.’
- The team was once again under the guidance of Coach Phil Jackson, and the two important team members of ‘Lakers,’ Kobe and Shaquille, made peace with their differences.
- On 22nd January 2006, he scored 81 points in a game against the ‘Toronto Raptors.’
- He also scored well in the following four games, becoming the first player to score 45 points or more in four consecutive games.
- His team too improved in comparison to the earlier season, although they did not win the season.
- In the 2006-2007 ‘NBA’ season, he performed well and even got selected to the ‘All-Star Game’ for the ninth time.
- He also got the ‘All-Star Game MVP Trophy’ for the second time.
- But his team lost the playoffs 4-1 to the ‘Phoenix Suns.’
- In December 2007, he created a record of being the youngest player to reach 20,000 points.
- The record was later broken by LeBron James.
- In 2008, he represented the ‘U.S. men’s national basketball team’ and won a gold medal at the ‘Olympics.’
- He was also bestowed with the ‘NBA Most Valuable Player’ award.
- In the 2007-2008 ‘NBA’ season, the ‘Lakers’ reached the finals but lost to the ‘Boston Celtics.’
- The ‘Lakers’ had a good start at the 2008-2009 ‘NBA’ season and Bryant’s performance won him ‘All-Star Game’ as a starter.
- He was also made the ‘Western Conference Player of the Month’ for December and January.
- The ‘Lakers’ registered a win at the 2009 ‘NBA Finals’ and Kobe won his first ‘NBA Final MVP’ trophy.
- In the 2009-2010 ‘NBA’ season, he played exceptionally well and broke Jerry West’s record and became the all-time leading scorer in the history of the ‘Los Angeles Lakers’ team.
- The 2010 ‘NBA Finals’ was also won by his team ‘Lakers’ and this talented player once again received the ‘NBA Finals MVP Award.’
- The ‘Lakers’ team’s quest for another three-peat was foiled by the ‘Dallas Mavericks’ in the second round of the playoffs.
- In the ‘2012 Summer Olympics,’ he won a gold medal.
- He has been named the top ‘NBA’ player of the 2000s by the ‘Sporting News’ and ‘TNT.’
- In December 2012, he reached 30,000 career points, becoming the first player in ‘NBA’ history to reach this milestone.
- Mike D’Antoni was appointed as the coach for ‘Lakers.’
- He knew Mike D’Antoni from his childhood and had grown close to him when his father was playing in Italy.
- After facing severe injuries, he returned to the 2013-2014 season.
- The ‘Lakers’ did not make it to the playoffs, a first since 2005.
- He faced severe injuries during the 2014-15 season as well.
- After recovery, he returned to his 20th season with the ‘Lakers,’ surpassing John Stockton’s record for most seasons with the same team.
- At the age of 37, he became the oldest player to score 60 or more points in a game.
- However, ‘The Lakers’ finished their season with their worst record in the franchise’s history.
- On 29th November 2015, he announced his retirement through ‘Player’s Tribune’ in a poem titled ‘Dear Basketball,’ expressing his love for the sport since his childhood.
- He was also the leading vote-getter of the 2016 ‘All-Star’ game with 1.9 million votes ahead of Stephen Curry.
- The Lakers finished the season with a 17-65 record, their worst record in franchise history.
Marital Status, Wife, Child
Kobe is a married man. In November 1999, 21-year-old Bryant met 17-year-old Vanessa Laine while she was working as a background dancer on the Tha Eastsidaz music video "G'd Up". He was in the building and working on his debut musical album. The two began dating and became engaged just six months later in May 2000 while Laine was still a senior at Marina High School in Huntington Beach, California. They married on April 18, 2001, at St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church in Dana Point, California. Reportedly Bryant's parents had problems with him marrying so young, especially to a woman who was not African-American. This disagreement resulted in an estrangement period of over two years, which ended when the couple's first daughter was born. The Bryants' first child, a daughter, was born in January 2003 named Natalia Diamante Bryant. Their second daughter was born in May 2006 named Kianka Bryant. On December 16, 2011, Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, and the couple requested joint custody of their daughters. On January 11, 2013, Bryant and his wife both announced via social media that they had called off their divorce. In early December 2016, Vanessa gave birth to their third daughter, and in January 2019 the Bryants announced they were expecting a fourth daughter. The daughter, named after himself, was born in June 2019.
Net Worth of Kobe Bryant
The annual income of Kobe Bryant in the NBA ran about $ 30.5 million dollars. In 2017, his fortune is estimated at $ 260 million. In 2019, Kobe Bryant's net worth is estimated to be $500 million. At present, he is enjoying a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.