Facts About Laura Kenny
|Celebrated Name||Laura Kenny|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Laura Rebecca Trott|
|Place Of Birth||Harlow, Essex, England|
|Source of Wealth||Cyclist career|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||52 kg (115 lb)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Body Measurement||32-35-26 inches|
|Links||Twitter Instagram Wikipedia|
Laura Rebecca Trott, excellently known as Laura Kenny is a British track and road cyclist. She comes to light for specializing in track endurance events, specifically the team pursuit, omnium, scratch race, elimination race, and madison disciplines. She started in the sport together with her sister when they rode alongside their mother who had taken up cycling in order to lose weight. Laura has also won both the team pursuit and the omnium at both the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and madison at the 2020 Olympics. She was selected as the flag bearer for the British team at the Games closing ceremony. Additionally, she is also active in social media as she has earned more than 199K followers on her Instagram account and over 297.1K followers on her Twitter account.
Laura Kenny Famous For
- She is a British track and road cyclist.
- She specializes in track endurance events, specifically the team pursuit, omnium, scratch race, elimination race, and madison disciplines.
Where is Laura Kenny from?
Laura Kenny was born on 24th April 1992 with the real name of Laura Rebecca Trott in Harlow, Essex, England. She is of British nationality and she came from British-white ethnic background. Likewise, her religious belief is in the Christian religion and her race is white. Laura recently celebrated her 30th birthday in 2022 and as per her birthdate, her zodiac sign is Taurus. She is the daughter of her father, Adrian Trott, and her mother Glenda Trott. She also has one sibling named Emma Trott who is also a retired English racing cyclist.
Moving to Laura's education, she attended Turnford School.
Laura Kenny Cyclist Career
- Laura Kenny started her career winning two junior titles at both the 2009 and 2010 British National Track Championships. She placed third in the individual pursuit at the latter to win a place in the 2010 European Track Championships team pursuit squad aged just 18.
- She then went on to take her first world title at the 2011 championships after which she won a further two World and two European golds in the run-up to the 2012 Olympics.
- Kenny won a gold medal in the team pursuit with Dani King and Joanna Rowsell at the 2012 Summer Olympics and also won gold in the omnium.
- She joined Team Ibis Cycles for the 2012 season as her best result was second place at the British National Road Race Championships.
- As well, she took further World and European team pursuit gold medals at the 2013 and 2014 championships however she failed to win a title at the World Championships for the first time in her career in February 2015.
- She later moved to the new Matrix Fitness Vulpine team for 2015 as a lead rider and returned to win three gold medals at the 2015 European Championships.
- Laura followed this with gold medals in the scratch race and omnium at the 2016 World Championships in London, as well as a bronze in the team pursuit.
- Trott was a favorite for the omnium, and with hopes of a medal in the team pursuit at the 2016 Olympics as Laura and her team-mates took the silver medal in the team pursuit at the delayed 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the summer of 2021.
- Subsequently, she and Katie Archibald subsequently went on to become the first Olympic champions in the women's Madison with a dominant performance.
- Her medal hopes suffered a setback in the opening scratch race when she was involved in a multi-rider crash on the penultimate lap in the omnium.
- She also went on to win the tempo race but could only finish 13th in the elimination race and was eventually selected as the flag bearer for the British team at the Games closing ceremony.
Awards and Achievements
- Laura Trott was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2013 New Year Honours for services to cycling and Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2017 New Year Honours.
- Laura and Jason Kenny won 12 Olympic gold medals, as well as Trott, received an Honorary Degree from the University of Essex in 2013.
- She was appointed Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) in the 2022 New Year Honours for services to cycling.
Kenny's husband Jason was knighted in the same list, also for services to cycling. As a result, she is styled "Lady Kenny" because she is the wife of a knight the pair were both invested at Windsor Castle on 17th May 2022.
Who is Laura Kenny's husband?
Laura Kenny is a married woman who tied a knot with track cyclist Jason Kenny at a private ceremony on 24th September 2016. The couple currently resides near Knutsford in Cheshire. They are blessed with a son who was born on 23rd August 2017. The love bird's relationship is outstanding till now and hopes it will remain as same in the future too. Sadly, Kenny suffered a miscarriage at nine weeks in November 2021, and in January 2022, she underwent surgery due to ectopic pregnancy. Concerning her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Laura Kenny's net worth?
Laura Kenny is a talented woman who has a net worth of $3 million as of 2022 whereas she also earns a fine amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. With a tremendous amount of net worth, she is living a lavish and luxurious life. Laura is a passionate and hardworking lady, so there is no doubt her net worth and salary will surely rise higher in the future days. In addition, her major source of income is her cyclist career.
How tall is Laura Kenny?
Laura Kenny definitely has a pretty face and a magnetic personality which has cast spells over her viewers over the years. She stands at an ideal height of 1.63 m (5 ft 4 in) with a balanced body weight of 52 kg (115 lb). She has blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. Her body build type is athletic and her body measurements are 32-35-26 inches. Besides, she took birth with a collapsed lung and was later diagnosed with asthma. Laura was advised by doctors to take up the sport in order to regulate her breathing. She enjoyed and competed in trampolining but had to give up due to respiratory problems.
Trivias About Laura Kenny You Need To Know.
- Trott was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE).
- Her older sister Emma Trott is a former road racing cyclist.
- She won two junior titles at both the 2009 and 2010 British National Track Championships.
- Kenny won the British National Road Race Championships in 2014.
- Her husband, Sir Jason Kenny, holds the same records on the male side.