Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Lynda Topp
|Celebrated Name||Lynda Topp|
|Age||65 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Dame Lynda Bethridge Topp|
|Place Of Birth||Huntly, New Zealand|
|Birth Nation||New Zealand|
|Source of Wealth||Singing and acting career|
|Net Worth||$3 million to $5 million|
|Height||5 feet and 4 inches|
Dame Lynda Bethridge Topp, excellently known as Lynda Topp is a New Zealander singer, actress, and writer. She is well recognized for being one-half of the Topp Twins which is a musical comedy duo in New Zealand, the other member being her twin sister Jools Topp. She has been singing and entertaining alongside her sister for decades by touring live music and comedy performances as well as on television and film. Previously, both joined the New Zealand Territorial Force and were posted at the Burnham Military Camp near Christchurch for six weeks. Also, Lynda and her sister were appointed Dames Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit in the 2018 Queen's Birthday Honours. They began singing together for other people when they were five years old. Moreover, Lynda is seeking an election to Ashburton District Council in the 2022 local elections.
Lynda Topp Famous For
- She is a New Zealander actress and writer.
- She is one-half of the Topp Twins.
Where is Lynda Topp from?
Lynda Topp opened her eyes for the very first time on 14th May 1958 in Huntly, New Zealand. She was born with the real name of Dame Lynda Bethridge Topp in a Christian religious family. Lynda's nationality is New Zealander and her ethnicity is New Zealander-white. She recently celebrated her 64th birthday in 2022 and as per her birthdate, her star sign is Taurus. Thus, her race is white. She is the daughter of her mother, Jean Topp, and her father, Peter Topp. She has a twin sister named Jools and an older brother Bruce.
Moving to Lynda's education, she attended Ruawaro Combined School during the 1960s and early 1970s. But she and her sister left later the school.
Lynda Topp Career
- Lynda Topp kicks off her career singing country and folk music with harmonies often to raise people's social consciousness with her sister as they later formed the duo, Topp Twins.
- They first launched the album named "No War in My Heart" in 1986 after which they released "Two Timing" in 1994.
- Then the duo launched the album, "Grass Highway" in 2001, and in 2005, they released "Flowergirls & Cowgirls".
- In 2014, they released their compilation album named "The Very Best of the Topp Twins".
- Apart from singing, Lynda is also an actress as she has appeared in several films and TV series including "That's Country", "Great New Zealand River Journeys", "Rivers of NZ", "Beyond a Joke!", "The Topp Twins", "Destination Planet Earth", "In Search of the Lonesome Yodel", and "Ken's Hunting and Fishing Show".
- Lynda and her sister created their own TV series "Do Not Adjust Your Twinset".
- Likewise, she was seen in 2016, film named "Poi E: The Story of Our Song", as well as she, appeared in the TV series "Wellington Paranormal" in 2019.
- In 2020, she starred as Mrs. O'Leary in the web series "Wellington Paranormal" - Covid-19 and she also appeared on the TV "Give us a clue" in 2021.
- As well, a documentary feature film about the sisters titled "The Topp Twins: Untouchable Girls" was released in April 2009.
- Furthermore, Lynda is seeking election to Ashburton District Council in the 2022 local elections.
- Lynda also has released five best-selling children's audiobooks as her book, "Show Time: The AandP Show for All New Zealanders Lynda Topp" was launched in 2016, and her "The Underwater Melon Man and Other Unreasonable Rhymes Che Fu" was released in 1998. She is also the writer of "The Topp Twins Book Lynda Topp" which was released in 2003.
Awards and Achievements
- 1987 Listener Film and Television Awards
- 1997 TV Guide Television Awards
- 2004 New Zealand Order of Merit
- 2009 Qantas Film and Television Awards
- 2010 FIFO Oceanian International Documentary Film Festival
- 2010 Qantas Film and Television Awards
- 2017 New Zealand Television Awards
- 2018 Dame Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to entertainment
- 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award at the NEXT Woman of the Year Awards
Is Lynda Topp married?
Lynda Topp is a married woman. As she is openly a lesbian by sexual orientation, she exchanged vows with her long-time partner Donna Luxton, a preschool teacher in 2013. At the time of their marriage, same-sex marriage was not legal in New Zealand, so the pair entered into a civil union as a substitute for marriage. Successfully, same-sex marriage was made legal in New Zealand just a few months after the wedding. The couple's relationship has been outstanding till now and hopes it will remain as same in the future too. Concerning Lynda's sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Lynda Topp's Net Worth?
Lynda Topp is a talented woman who has a net worth of between $3 million to $5 million as of 2022. She also earns a fine amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. With a tremendous amount of net worth, she is living a lavish and luxurious life. She has a long road ahead of her and she definitely holds all the potential to make it big in the industry. In addition, her major source of income is her singing and acting career.
How tall is Lynda Topp?
Lynda Topp stands at an ideal height of 5 feet and 4 inches with a balanced body weight. She's got a standard height and a convincing appearance. Lynda had the perfect body combined with good looks. She has attractive short white hair and hazel eyes color. Moreover, her body build type is average,
Lynda Topp Suffers from Breast Cancer
Lynda and Jools revealed in March 2022 that they both were sadly diagnosed with breast cancer in 2021. However, they have decided to receive separate treatments to prevent contracting COVID-19. Jools had previously undergone treatment including mastectomy in 2006. From this experience, they incorporated Jool's private story of treatment and recovery into a Topp Twins stage show that toured New Zealand including raising funds for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.
Trivias About Lynda Topp You Need To Know.
- Topp has been singing and entertaining with her sister for decades.
- Lynda enjoys hunting and fly fishing.
- In March 2022 Lynda and Jools revealed that they had both been diagnosed with breast cancer in 2021.
- She is seeking election to Ashburton District Council in the 2022 local elections.
- She has also released five best-selling children’s audio books.