Michele Tafoya - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Husband, Family, Age, Nationality, Career, Reporter, KQRS, Height, Education, Facts, Wiki, Children
Michele Tafoya is an American sportscaster who currently is a sideline reporter for NBC Sports. She also worked as a co-host of the KQRS Morning show along with Tom Barnard. She has been working for NBC sports since 2011. She also was a drive time talk radio host for WCOO-AM from 2009 to 2012. She has also worked for ESPN and ABC Sports.
She is quite active in the social media platform with around 49k followers on her Twitter: @Michele_Tafoya. In this corona pandemic, she has been very much active in her social media accounts especially Twitter. She has been posting many new things in her Twitter account. She also has been regularly commenting on her friend's posts.
What is Michele Tafoya famous for?
- Famous as an American sportscaster
- Known for being a sideline reporter for NBC Sports
Where is Michele Tafoya from?
Michele Tafoya was born on December 17, 1964, in Manhattan Beach, California, United States. Her birth name is Michele Joan Tafoya. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Sagittarius is her zodiac sign.
She was born to Orlando Tafoya(father) and Wima Conley Tafoya(mother). Her father was a civil engineer who was a huge fan of sports. Her father was the one who rose the interest of the sports in her.
She was raised in her hometown, California. In her childhood, without watching cartoons, she used to watch sports commentary with her father. She did her schooling from Mira Costa High School. While in school, she participated in many sports.
Later, she attended the University of California and graduated in 1988 with a Bachelor's degree in mass communications. She also received a Master's degree in business administration from the University of Southern California in 1991.
After being graduated, she started working as a host and reporter for KFAN-AM in Minneapolis. Later, she became the first female analyst to call UNC-Charlotte men's basketball games after she worked for WAQS-AM in Charlotte.
Michele Tafoya's Career: Highlights
- Michele Tafoya started her professional career in 1992 by serving as a host and sideline reporter for the Midwest Sports channel.
- Then, she also worked as a sports anchor and reporter for three years at WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.
- In the year 1994, she joined CBS sports and she started hosting the channel's anthology show "CBS Sports Spectacular" and college basketball coverage.
- Her on-air debut was at the 1994 U.S Tennis Championships.
- She also received a Gracie Award for "Outstanding Achievement by an Individual On-Air TV Personality" for her commentary at WNBA games on Lifetime Television in 1997.
- In 1998, she was a reporter for the network's coverage of the NFL and 1998 National Championship Orange Bowl.
- After five years with the CBS network, she left the network in 1999 and went on to join ESPN and ABC Sports in January 2000.
- She started working as a sideline reporter for ESPN Monday Night Football.
- Tafoya was loaned to NBC Sports for the 2000 Sydney Olympics as a reporter for Rhythmic Gymnastics.
- She got ranked among the most likable TV sports personalities by Davie-Brown Index in 2006.
- She left ESPN at the end of the 2010-2011 NFL season.
- In the year 2011, she joined NBC sports and started working as a sideline reporter.
- She also worked as a co-host of the KQRS Morning show along with Tom Barnard from September 8, 2016.
- At present, she is the sideline reporter for NBC Sunday Night Football along with announcer, Al Michaels.
Michele Tafoya Husband
The American sportscaster, Michele Tafoya is a married woman. She is married to Mark Vandershall. Vandershall is an American financial advisor. They first met each other in 1993. The couple tied the knot on May 30, 2000. The couple got blessed with a son, Tyler in 2005 after four miscarriages.
Later in 2009, the couple adopted a daughter named Olivia. At present, Toyla is living a happy life with her family in Edina, Minnesota. At WCCO TV, she told "I was a very weak child and even struggled with an eating disorder" in 2007.
Michele Tafoya Net Worth
The American sportscaster, Michele Tafoya has earned a good amount of money since starting her career in 1993. She has an estimated net worth of $2 million and has an annual salary of $200k as of 2020. Her net worth includes all her property and her present earnings. She is living a luxurious lifestyle with her earnings.
Michele Tafoya Height
The 53 years aged, Michele Tafoya has a well-maintained body. She has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of brown eyes. She stands at a height of 5ft 9 inches and has a bodyweight of 62kg. Her body measurement is 36-25-35 inches. Her bra cup size is 34B.
Trivias About Michele Tafoya You Need To Know.
- At birth, her parents thought she would be born a boy and planned the name Michael John for her.
- She described herself as a “wanna-be-stoic."
- She has struggled with an eating disorder from an early age.
- Her life motto is “don’t let dishrags get you down”, which she learned from her husband.
- In May 2021, She won her fifth Emmy Award for “Outstanding Sports Personality”. As of that moment, she had eleven Emmy nominations in total and won those in 2011, 2013, 2018-19 and 2021.