Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Mohammed Amer
|Celebrated Name||Mohammed Amer|
|Age||41 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Mohammed Amer|
|Place Of Birth||Kuwait|
|School||Piney Point Elementary|
|Brothers||Omar and Najjar|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
Mohammed Amer also known as Mo Amer is an American stand-up comedian who is best known for his Netflix comedy special Mo Amer: The Vagabond, and for his role as one-third of the comedy trio Allah Made Me Funny. He also starred for two seasons, alongside comedian Ramy Youssef, in the Hulu sitcom "Ramy". He has toured numerous countries as a stand-up comedian, including Germany, Italy, Japan, and Bahrain. He will star in the upcoming superhero film Black Adam. He also will create and star in an upcoming Netflix TV show called "Mo" which will be released in August 2022.
What is Mohammed Amer Famous For?
- Being an American stand-up comedian.
- For his Netflix comedy special Mo Amer: The Vagabond.
Where is Mohammed Amer From?
Mohammed Amer took birth on 24th July 1981 in Kuwait with the birth name of Mohammed "Mo" Mustafa Amer. His nationality is Kuwaiti-American and his ethnicity is Mixed as he is of Palestinian descent. He and the youngest of six children. Thus, he has five siblings. His father worked as an engineer for the Kuwait Oil Company. In October 1990, at the age of nine, Amer, his sister, Haifa, his brother, and his mother fled his birth country of Kuwait during the Gulf War. They emigrated to the United States and settled in Houston, Texas. In 1992, his father, a telecom engineer, joined them in the United States.
Amer attended school at Piney Point Elementary while his older brothers studied overseas. In 1995, when he was 14 years old, his father died. His brother, Omar is a pilot; another brother, Amer (who later changed the family name to Najjar), has a Ph.D. in biochemistry. His present age is 41 as of 2022.
In 2009, he became a U.S. citizen which enabled him to travel to Palestine and visit family he had not seen for almost 20 years. He also returned to Kuwait and Baghdad for the first time since his family fled.
Mohammed Amer Career Timeline
- Initially, his elder brother took him to see Bill Cosby perform at the Houston Astrodome when he was 10.
- At the age of 14, he discovered stand-up comedy at a Texas rodeo.
- Later, he started participating and had leading roles in the high school theatre, and started performing stand-up comedy by impersonating family members and developed it over a few years in the comedy club scene.
- Next, he performed at Houston's comedy clubs as often as possible to refine his act while working a day job at a flag manufacturing company owned by a family friend.
- In June 1999, he entered Houston's Funniest Person Contest and made the finals.
- At the age of 19, he was being flown out to play to US troops stationed abroad becoming the first and only Arab-American refugee comic to perform for the US and coalition troops overseas.
- He has performed tours in over 27 countries on five continents, including Germany, Italy, Sicily, Japan, Korea, and Bahrain.
- In 2004, he performed at The Comedy Festival in Las Vegas.
- In April 2007, he performed at the Islamic Relief Evening of Inspiration event at the Royal Albert Hall organized by Islamic Relief.
- In July 2008, he performed at the Islam Expo in Olympia, London.
- In October 2008, he performed at the Global Peace and Unity event in the ExCeL Exhibition Centre in London organized by Islam Channel.
- With Allah Made Me Funny, he has performed at sold-out shows worldwide, including Royal Albert Hall and Hammersmith Apollo (London), Acer Arena (Sydney), Nelson Mandela Theatre (Johannesburg), Shrine Auditorium (Los Angeles), as well as the Malmö Arts Festival (Sweden), the Amman Stand-up Comedy Festival (Jordan), and the World's Funniest Island Festival (Australia).
- He has been interviewed on television and radio, including on NPR, BBC, and CNN.
- Additionally, he has appeared on television, starred in independent films, and was interviewed by over 100 major world media outlets, including The New York Times, Rolling Stone, and The Guardian.
- Moreover, he was also featured on Al-Bernameg with Bassem Youssef (The Daily Show of Egypt) as the only Arab-American comedian to appear on the show.
- In June 2013, he was featured on an interfaith special, "What's So Funny About Religion?".
- He developed his first solo feature-length documentary-comedy special, working with long-time standup collaborator Azhar Usman, co-produced through their jointly owned production entity, Kalijaga Media LLC.
- On 3rd May 2015, he recorded his one-hour special, "Legally Homeless", at the Warner Theatre presented by Live Nation Comedy. He became the first Arab-American to star in his own nationally televised one-hour stand-up special.
- From August 10-13, 2015, he joined Bob Alper and Ahmed Ahmed for four nights of comedy in Ramallah, West Bank.
- In March 2017, he made his U.S. network television debut on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert".
- In 2018, he joined the Hulu show "Ramy". He is currently in the second season of Ramy.
- He filmed his first Netflix comedy special on June 27, 2018, at Paramount Theatre in Austin, Texas. It was released as "Mo Amer: The Vagabond" on Netflix in the same year.
- He created and will star in a new TV series on Netflix called "Mo" which is set to be released in August 2022.
Who is Mohammed Amer's Wife?
Mohammed Amer was a married man. He tied a knot to his Mexican American wife whose name is still a mystery. In his most recent Netflix special, he states he got divorced during the COVID-19 pandemic. At present, he is living a single life happily and his sexual orientaiton is straight. He is focusing on his career rather than being in a relationship.
How much is Mohammed Amer's Net Worth?
Mohammed Amer is a talented stand-up comedian whose net worth is estimated to have$2 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. His assumed salary is around $500K. He is living a cool lifestyle at present.
How tall is Mohammed Amer?
Mohammed Amer is a handsome man with an average body type. His tall standing height consist of 5 feet 9 inches or 1.75 m. His bodyweight consists of 61 Kg or 135 lbs. His eye color and hair color; both are black. He has got a healthy body at present.
Trivias About Mohammed Amer You Need To Know.
- He has five siblings.
- His zodiac sign is Leo.
- His birthplace is Kuwait.
- He honed his stand-up skills in Houston comedy clubs during his early years as a comic.
- He is of Palestinian descent.
- He starred alongside Ramy Youssef in Ramy.
- His religion is Islam.