Nia Long - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Children, Family, Parents, Sister, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Hair, Career, Movies, Personal Life, Awards
Nitara Carlyn Long is professionally known as Nia Long who is an actress by profession. She appeared in many films and TV series, for which she was honored with Black Reel Awards and Image Awards. Also, she is a music video director who directed videos like "This Too Shall Pass" and "Baby." Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Nia Long famous for?
- An American actress.
- Her roles in the television series like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (season 5, 1995) and Third Watch (season 5-6, 2004-05).
Where is Nia Long now?
Recalling her early life, Nia was born in Brooklyn, New York, the U.S. to her parents, Doughtry Long and Talita Long in the year 1970 which makes her aged 49 years old at present. Her father is a high school teacher and poet while her mother is a teacher and printmaker. However, her parents were divorced when she was just two years old and later her mother moved to Iowa City, Iowa where she raised with her older half-sister named Sommore. Similarly, she is of American nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. Her birth sign is Scorpio and Christianity.
For education, She attended St. Mary’s Academy and later went to Paseo Del Rey Elementary School from Grade 3 to Grade 6. Then, she joined Westchester High School in Los Angeles where she graduated in 1989. Apart from academics, she also took lessons in ballet, tap, jazz, gymnastics, guitar, and acting.
When did Nia Long begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Nia started her career in 1990 through the film named 'Buried Alive' in the role of Fingers.
- After that, She played important roles in films like ‘Boyz n the Hood’, ‘Made in America’, and ‘Friday’ before appearing as Nina Mosley in the 1997 American romantic drama film ‘Love Jones.’
- In 2000, she played the role of Abbie Halpert in the American crime drama film ‘Boiler Room.’
- In 2003, she joined the cast of the drama 'Third Watch', where she played NYPD Officer Sasha Monroe. She continuing until the series finale in 2005.
- Her other notable films are Soul Food (1997), Boiler Room (2000), Big Momma's House (2000), Are We There Yet? (2005), The Best Man Holiday (2013), The Single Moms Club (2014), Lemon (2017), 47 Meters Down Uncaged (2019), and The Banker (2020).
- Her upcoming films project is Life in a Year which is in the post-production phase and its released date is yet to be disclsoed.
- Her other notable TV series like Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color (1986), Guiding Light (1991-93), The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1994-95), Judging Amy (2001-02), Big Shots (2007-08), The Cleveland Show (2009-10), House of Lies (2012), Real Husbands of Hollywood (2015-16), Blaze and the Monster Machines (2017-18), Blaze and the Monster Machines (2019).
- Besides these, She appears in the video for Kanye West's "Touch the Sky". She also directed Yolanda Adams's music video for "This Too Shall Pass".
- She co-directed and appeared in Ashanti's music video, "Baby". She also made a guest appearance on the sitcom Living Single during its first season.
What are the achievements of Nia Long?
Throughout her career, Nia was won four awards out of 9 nominations in the different categories which are listed below:
- Black Reel Awards - Best Actress - The Best Man (2000)
- Image Awards - Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture - The Best Man (2000)
- Image Awards - Outstanding Actress in a Television Drama - Third Watch (2004)
- Image Awards - Outstanding Actress in a Television Drama - Third Watch (2005)
Is Nia Long married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Nia Long has never been married but engaged twice to date. Firstly, she was engaged with Massai Z. Dorsey in 2001 after two years dating. Together, the couple welcomed a son named Massai Zhivago Dorsey II in 2000. However, the couple separated after 10 months of their engagement. After that, she engaged with Ime Udoka in 2015. The couple in a relationship since 2009 and they are still together. Also, the couple welcomed their son named Kez Sunday Udoka in 2011. Presently, the couple enjoying their life happily and soon the couple exchanges their vows as well.
Previously, she also dated several celebrities like Chris Tucker, Alfonso Ribeiro, 50 Cent, Peter Thomas, Kendu Isaacs (1992), Chris Webber (1993-95), Will Smith (1995), Mick Jagger (2004), Kevin Phillips (2006), Dwight Freeney (2006), Cuttino Mobley (2007) and Joel Gonzales (2008).
How much is Nia Long worth?
Being an actress, Nia has a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $13 million at present. She also eared from her endorsements deal with Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Fragrance and Target. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Nia Long?
Observing her body physics, Nia stands a height of 5 feet 2 inches and weighs around57 kg. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes ad black hair color. Further, her body measures 38-28-38 inches and her bra size is 34D. Additionally, she used 10 (US) dress sizes and 7 (US) dress sizes.
Trivias About Nia Long You Need To Know.
- She is of Trinidadian, Granadian, and Barbadian descent.
- She and Massai Z. Dorsey were to wed in June 2001, but ended their relationship before getting married to each other.
- Nia and Ime Udoka welcomed a baby boy named Kez on Monday November 7th 2011 he weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 19.5 inches long at birth.
- Early in her career at a casting call she was once told that 'your eyebrows are too sophisticated'.
- Attended the same junior high school as friend Regina King.