Nick Grimshaw - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Partner, Siblings, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Awards, Facts, Career, Job, Kids
Nicholas Peter Andrew Grimshaw, popularly known as Nick Grimshaw or simply Grimmy is an English television and radio presenter. Grimshaw is known as the former host of a variety of shows on BBC Radio 1. He announced to leave BBC Radio 1 after working there for 14 years in 2021. He is also known for his Channel 4 roles in T4 and The Album Chart Show. Grimshaw was a judge on the twelfth series of The X Factor.
What is Nick Grimshaw Famous For?
- The former host of a variety of shows on BBC Radio 1.
Where is Nick Grimshaw From?
Nick Grimshaw was born on 14 August 1984. His birth name is Nicholas Peter Andrew Grimshaw. His birth place is in Oldham, Greater Manchester in England. He holds an English nationality. His home town is Oldham, Lancashire. He was born to his father Peter Grimshaw, and his mother, Eileen Grimshaw. He has two siblings, a sister named Jane and a brother named Andy. He belongs to European-white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Leo.
Regarding his educational background, he attended the University of Liverpool from 2002 to 2005. He studied Communication and Media Studies but only graduated with a DipHE rather than a bachelor's degree.
Nick Grimshaw Radio Career
- Nick Grimshaw joined BBC Radio 1 in September 2007.
- He started with presenting the BBC's youth strand Switch with a close friend and fellow DJ Annie Mac.
- He then hosted Radio 1's Weekend Breakfast Show from 2008 to 2009.
- He then presented the 10 pm-midnight slot on BBC Radio 1 in June 2009.
- He replaced Chris Moyles to become the host of The Radio 1 Breakfast Show in 2012.
- He hosted the Breakfast Show until he announced to leave the show in May 2018.
- He announced to leave Radio 1 in June 2021 after working there for 14 years.
Nick Grimshaw Television Career
- Nick Grimshaw started his television career on UK entertainment channel E4. He hosted several shows there.
- He crossed over to Channel 4, where he hosted the daily breakfast show, Freshly Squeezed with Alexas Chung.
- The pair went on to host various shows for the network.
- He also hosted several music events and festivals for Channel 4.
- He paired with Annie Mac to host BBC Two music show, Sound.
- He presented the first-ever BBC Switch Awards show with Kimberly Walsh of Girls Aloud on BBC One.
- He hosted New Loos Style the Nation, a live 6-part series for Channel 4 in 2011.
- He co-presented the iTunes Festival with Annie Mac throughout September for Channel 4 in 2012.
- He started presenting the BBC Three panel show, Sweat the Small Stuff in April 2013.
- He appeared in cameo roles in soap operas EastEnders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks, and Home and Away.
- He narrated BBC Three Hotel of Mum and Dad in 2013.
- He presented The Brits Are Coming in 2014.
- He is the regular guest co-presenter on The One Show in 2014.
- He was the judge on the 12th series of The X Factor in 2015.
- He has appeared on Celebrity Gogglebox since 2019.
- He was a contestant on The Great British Bake Off For Stand Up To Cancer in 2021.
- He appeared as Dr. Brad Scott in the 2012 animated comedy film, Wreck-It Ralph.
- He made a cameo appearance in the 2016 movie, Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie.
Who is Nick Grimshaw Partner?
Nick Grimshaw is not married. However, he is not single. He is currently in a relationship with dancer and model, Meshach 'Mesh' Henry. The couple started dating in 2018. Grimshaw came out as gay in 2012. More details about his personal life will be updated here. He does not have any kids yet.
How Tall is Nick Grimshaw Tall?
Nick Grimshaw stands at a height of 1.81 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 70 kg. He has a slim body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is gay.
What is Nick Grimshaw Salary and Net Worth?
Nick Grimshaw is one of the renowned radio and television presenters. Grimshaw presented a variety of shows on BBC Radio 1. He also hosted several shows on BBC Two. Besides presenting or hosting several radio and television shows, he has appeared in guest or cameo roles in several movies and television shows. His net worth is estimated at around $2 million.
Trivias About Nick Grimshaw You Need To Know.
- Grimshaw completed a twelve-hour bicycle ride for Sport Relief event in 2014 that raise over £115,000.
- He took part in the Clash of the Titans event as part of John Bishop's team Team Bishop.
- Grimshaw made headlines in November 2012 when the papers in question claimed he refused to promote Rihanna's latest album because she canceled an interview with him – a claim which Grimshaw denied, noting that his snub was intended to be "tongue in cheek".
- He presented his final Radio 1 show on 12 August 2021.
- He has an extreme interest in contemporary art and set design.
- He sold one of his paintings as part of a secret charity auction during Frieze Art Fair in 2016.
- He is an ambassador for the Royal Academy of Arts.
- He was commissioned to design a Christmas tree in celebration of Royal Academy of Arts's 250th anniversary in 2017.
- He interned with the stage designer Es Devlin in 2017.
- He launched and judged Column Idol 2014 to find new writing talent.
- He is an ambassador for The Albert Kennedy Trust that helps homeless LGBT youth.
- He appeared at number 8 on The Independent on Sunday's list of the 101 most influential LGBT people in Britain in 2012.
- The British edition of GQ Magazine awarded him the title of GQ's Best-Dressed Man of the Year in 2014.