Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Paddy McGuinness
|Celebrated Name||Paddy McGuinness|
|Age||49 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Patrick Joseph McGuinness|
|Profession||Actor , Comedian , TV Presenter|
|Place Of Birth||Farnworth, Lancashire|
|High School||Mount St Joseph High School|
|Wife||Christine Martin (EX)|
|Children||Twins: Penelope and Leo (b. 2013) and Felicity (b. 2016).|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Paddy McGuinness is an English actor, comedian, and television presenter who rose to fame with the help of Peter Kay, who invited him to appear in his programs That Peter Kay Thing, Phoenix Nights, and Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere. He is best known for his roles within Channel 4, ITV, and the BBC presenting game shows such as Take Me Out as well as Top Gear. In 2021, he became the new host of Question of Sport, a British TV sports quiz show that is considered to be the world’s longest-running TV sports quiz show. The show has regularly been on air since 1970 (with 2 notable exceptions – 1973 and 1978).
What is Paddy McGuinness Known For?
- Being an actor, comedian, and TV presenter from England.
- For hosting 11 series (2010–2019) of Take Me Out, a British dating-based TV game show.
Who are Paddy McGuinness's Parents?
Paddy McGuinness was born with the birth name of Patrick Joseph McGuinness on 14 August 1973 in Farnworth, Lancashire, England. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-Irish as he was born to Irish parents from County Tipperary. His father, Joe McGuinness is a musician. He grew up with his siblings; a brother, Tony McGuinness who is a DJ, and a musician by profession. His present age is 49 as of 2022. He attended Mount St Joseph High School, a mixed Roman Catholic secondary school in his hometown of Farnworth. It was from his school days in Farnworth that McGuinness formed his close relationship with Peter Kay.
Paddy McGuinness Career Timeline
- It was in 1995, that McGuinness made his television debut as a contestant in the show "God's Gift".
- He appeared in the second series of the Sky 1 show "The Match".
- He hosted "Inside Wayne Rooney" on Sky 1 on 15th May 2006.
- His other television work includes his own Chuck Stryker: The Unknown Stuntman.
- He presented Stars in Their Cars, a series for the Travel Channel in 2016.
- He co-starred in a television series with British comedian Rory McGrath, broadcast on Channel 5, Rory and Paddy's Great British Adventure which aired on 13th August 2008. The series focuses on arcane sports, such as cheese rolling. A second series began on 20 September 2010 on Channel 5.
- Also, he guest hosted The Paul O'Grady Show on 29th November 2006.
- He presented the entertainment series Hotel GB in 2012.
- Next, he presented Paddy's TV Guide on 18th January 2013.
- In October 2014, he narrated the three-part charity series "Stars at Your Service" for Channel 4.
- In 2015, he presented the Channel 4 daytime game show series "Benchmark" for 30 episodes.
- Besides this, he presented Raiders of the Lost Archive in 2007/
- From 2010 until 2019, McGuinness hosted the ITV dating show Take Me Out.
- He hosted the second series of 71 Degrees North with Charlotte Jackson in 2011.
- On 29 December 2012, he hosted a one-off special Paddy's Show and Telly.
- He hosted the comedy panel show Mad Mad World for seven episodes in the summer of 2012.
- In 2013, he co-presented the talent show series Your Face Sounds Familiar.
- In 2014, he co-hosted the Saturday night game show Amazing Greys.
- In 2015, he regularly starred in the ITV2 comedy show "The Keith Lemon Sketch Show".
- He played the role of policeman Ian in the ITV comedy The Delivery Man.
- He guest starred in six episodes of Coronation Street in 2015.
- On Christmas Eve in 2015, he presented a one-off ITV special, The ABBA Christmas Party.
- He starred in the ITV comedy series The Keith & Paddy Picture Show in 2017.
- In January 2018, he presented "The Greatest TV Moments of All Time".
- Likewise, he has appeared as a panelist on numerous episodes of Keith Lemon's shows Celebrity Juice and Through the Keyhole.
- He co-presented two episodes of Even Better Than the Real Thing on BBC One as well as presented Paddy McGuinness' Sport Relief Warm-Up and was one of the presenters for the 2018 Sports Relief show.
- In 2018, he provided the voiceover for the BBC series Ready or Not.
- In May 2020, it was announced that Top Gear presenters Freddie Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness would host a six-episode best-of series, featuring the presenters narrating classic episodes of the show, called Total Wipeout: Freddie and Paddy Takeover.
- He had his own radio show on Bauer City 1 stations across the North of England on Sunday mornings from 9 am until 12 noon. His show ran from 2014 until 2017.
- Back in 2005 and 2006, he toured the UK, performing 108 shows.
- "Paddy McGuinness: The Dark Side Tour" was his first solo stand-up tour. While on tour, he reprised his role of Lord Love Rocket from the award-winning comedy Phoenix Nights.
- From 21 August to 11 December 2008, he was involved in a second tour – known as the Paddy McGuinness Plus You! Live.
- In September 2010, he released his first book, My Guide to the North: (and Scotland & Wales, oh, and less important places i.e. the South).
- On 28 October 2021, he released his autobiography, My Lifey.
Who is Paddy McGuinness's Wife?
Paddy McGuinness was a married man to his ex-wife, Christine Martin; a model and a reality Tv star. They got married on 4th June 2011. The couple has three children; twins Penelope and Leo (b. 2013) and Felicity (b. 2016). Christine was named Miss Commonwealth and also Miss Liverpool at the tender age of 18. Similarly, they met at the Liverpool Tennis Tournament when she was modeling for Liverpool-based boutique Cricket. During an appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show, he described fatherhood as "the most fantastic thing ever". All three of McGuinness's children are autistic, as is their mother. In 2021 they made a BBC documentary Paddy and Christine McGuinness: Our Family and Autism. In June 2018, McGuinness revealed that he had been diagnosed with arthritis several years prior, at the age of 44. On 22 July 2022, it was announced that McGuiness and Martin had separated, after 11 years of marriage, but will remain living together in their family home. His sexual orientaiton is straight.
How much is Paddy McGuinness's Net Worth?
Paddy McGuinness is an actor, comedian, and TV presenter whose net worth is estimated to have $10 Million as of 2022. He has made the majority of his fortune from fronting various popular TV shows including Take Me Out and BBC Top Gear. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. He has also enjoyed successes as a touring comedian, author, and radio presenter. He is making his salary in thousands of dollars from his profession. He is living a cool lifestyle at present. He has served as the brand ambassador of Pizza Hut (an American multinational restaurant chain) (appointed in 2013) and Jackpot Joy (an online gaming company) (appointed in 2017). He has been featured in the TV commercials for Victor Chandler (British bookmaker) (November 2010), and Greggs plc (British bakery chain). Besides this, he participated in Soccer Aid (a British annual (formerly biennial) charity event that has raised more than £35 million in aid of UNICEF UK) in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018.
How tall is Paddy McGuinness?
Paddy McGuinness is 6 feet 1 inch tall with a body weight of 81 KG. He has gone through weight loss and body transformation. His hair color is salt and pepper whereas he has hazel eyes color. He has a toned physique with close-cropped hair. He has a charming smile with a glowing face. Overall, he has got a healthy body with an athletic body type. In 2019, Paddy posted before-and-after photos of his weight loss, revealing that he has dropped from 14 stone to 12.5 stone in just four months. This was due to a change in his diet and fitness regime. Paddy went to the gym to get “leaner” and started to watch what he ate. He had a heart inked on the ring finger of his left hand as a tribute to his wife, Christine McGuinness, 34, after losing his wedding ring twice in the past.
Trivias About Paddy McGuinness You Need To Know.
- Leo is his zodiac sign.
- He has been represented by YMU Group, Talent Management Firm, London, England, United Kingdom.
- He is of Irish descent.
- In June 2018, he revealed in an interview that he had been diagnosed with arthritis several years ago.
- In October 2021, Paddy released his autobiography titled My Lifey.
- He is a lifelong supporter of the English professional soccer club Bolton Wanderers F.C.