Richard Osman - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Girlfriend, Age, Height, Brother
Richard Osman is a British television presenter, producer, novelist, and comedian who is renowned for being the creator and former co-presenter of the BBC One television quiz show "Pointless".
During his career work, has presented the BBC Two quiz shows "Two Tribes" and "Richard Osman's House of Games". Further, he has served as a team captain on the comedy panel shows "Insert Name Here" and "The Fake News Show". He has also produced shows including "Prize Island" for ITV and "Deal or No Deal" for Channel 4.
As an author, he has released three novels - The Thursday Murder Club (2020), The Man Who Died Twice (2021), and The Bullet That Missed (2022). He has stated that this series will contain four novels. So, the fourth one is in the process to be published.
What Makes Richard Osman So Famous?
- Richard Osman is a TV presenter, producer, comedian, director, and novelist.
- He is famous for creating and co-presenting the BBC One TV quiz show "Pointless".
Richard Osman Childhood - How Old Is He?
Richard Osman was born on 28th November 1970 with the birth name of Richard Thomas Osman. He is from Billericay, Essex, England. He spent his childhood in Cuckfield near Haywards Heath, West Sussex. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-White.
Osman is 51 years old as of 2021. His sun sign is Sagittarius and his religion is Christian. He was born with nystagmus, an eye condition that significantly reduces his vision.
Meet Richard Osman's Parents and Brother
Richard Osman is the son of his mother, Brenda Wright, and his father, David Osman. When he was nine, his father walked out on the family, which Osman says has created difficulty for the rest of his life. His mother went to teacher training college but, before getting a full-time job, making money to raise her two children was a challenge.
Osman also has a brother named Mat Osman who is a musician. He attended the Warden Park School in Cuckfield. Later, he studied Politics and Sociology at Trinity College, Cambridge, and graduated in 1992.
Richard Osman's Career So Far
- Osman gained his first broadcasting experience, as a regular contributor to Turn It Up, an open-access music show.
- Then, he began his career working as an executive producer on British game shows, including "Deal or No Deal", Channel 4 comedy panel game "8 Out of 10 Cats" and the satirical comedy "10 O'Clock Live."
- In addition to this, he was also the creative director at TV company Endemol UK, pitching the idea for "Pointless".
- He created the short-lived 2013 ITV gameshow "Prize Island".
- Likewise, his other credits include Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Total Wipeout, and the game show 24 Hour Quiz.
- He next began working as a script editor on "Total Wipeout".
- Furthermore, he wrote the sitcom "Boyz Unlimited".
- Also, he co-created and co-wrote the animated Channel 4 sitcom "Bromwell High".
- He guest-hosted Have I Got News for You in October 2013 & after a year, he began presenting a new BBC Two quiz show called "Two Tribes".
- In 2016, he was a team captain on the BBC Two comedy panel show "Insert Name Here".
- In February and December 2016, he presented "Dragons' Den: Pitches to Riches".
- Since 2016, Osman has presented "Child Genius "on Channel 4.
- He appeared on the telethon "Red Nose Day 2017" with "The World Cup of Biscuits 2017".
- He appeared in the first episode of the third series of "Murder in Successville" in April 2017.
- He began hosting his show "Richard Osman's House of Games" in 2017.
- Also, he created a spin-off show titled "House of Games Night".
- On 8 April 2022, he announced he would be leaving Pointless, after 1,300 episodes across 30 series.
- Moreover, he has made appearances on many panel shows, including Would I Lie to You?, Have I Got News for You, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, The Unbelievable Truth, QI, and 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.
- He was a contestant on the second series of Taskmaster and appeared on the darts show Let's Play Darts in the year 2016.
- His debut crime novel "The Thursday Murder Club" was released on 3 September 2020 & his second crime novel, "The Man Who Died Twice", was published in 2021.
- The third novel in the series, "The Bullet That Missed", was published on 15 September 2022.
- Since 2021, he has been featured in podcast adverts for the premium ready-meal brand Charlie Bigham's.
- On 9 June 2022, he was the subject of BBC's "Who Do You Think You Are?"
How much is Richard Osman's Net Worth?
Osman is a TV presenter, producer, comedian, director, and novel writer whose net worth is estimated to have $17 Million as of 2022 as per the sources. He is making an annual salary of around $2 Million.
Source of Wealth
His main source of income comes from the entertainment industry and his book career. He lives a lavish lifestyle right now.
He rose to fame after he created and co-presented the BBC One British television quiz show titled "Pointless" in 2009. He also hosted a BBC game show titled "Two Tribes" from 2014 to 2015. He has released three books now.
Richard Osman's Wife - Who is he engaged to?
Richard Osman was a married man but he is currently in a relationship. He is engaged to his long-term girlfriend, Ingrid Oliver. As of November 2022, the lovebirds got engaged. They are planning to get married soon. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He is residing in Chiswick, West London.
Everything To Know About Ingrid Oliver
Previously, he was married in the late 1990s. He has not shared the details about his ex-wife with the media. Sadly, they split via divorce in 2007. The duo is blessed with two kids - a son named Sonny and a daughter named Ruby.
Richard Osman Has A Tall Height
Richard Osman is a handsome man with an attractive personality. He stands at a height of around 6 feet 7 inches. His body weight measures 85 Kg. He has dark brown hair color and his eye color is brown. His body type is slim. He has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Richard Osman You Need To Know.
- His sun sign is Sagittarius.
- He was born with nystagmus, an eye condition that significantly reduces his vision.
- When he was nine, his father walked out on the family, which Osman says has created difficulty for the rest of his life.
- He has a brother named Mat Osman who is a musician.