Rick Ross - Bio, Net Worth, Songs, Rapper, House, Albums, Age, Facts, Wiki, Affair, Wife, Family, Weight Loss, Hospitalized, Heart Attack, Beard
Rick Ross is as a famous American rapper, songwriter, record executive, and entrepreneur. He earned recognition after releasing his debut single, "Hustlin'" in 2006. He has had a wonderful musical career and has delivered hit albums including Port of Miami (2006), Trilla (2008), Deeper than rap (2009), Teflon Don (2010) and God Forgives, I don’t (2012). At the beginning of 2012, he was named the “hottest MC all of the game” by MTV. The 42-years old American rapper is four times Grammy nominated. His songs are based on Hip Hop genre.
Best Known for
- His debut single, "Hustlin'" earned him record deal from several well-established record labels.
Early Life of Rick Ross
Rick Ross was born on January 28, 1976. He was born to Sonny Ross and Tommie Roberts with a birth name William Leonard Roberts II. Born to an African family in Clarksdale, Mississippi, Ross was raised in Miami, Florida. He holds American nationality and belongs to black ethnicity. He has one sibling, a sister named Tawanda Roberts. He follows Christianity. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. He attended Miami Carol City Senior High School. After graduating from high school, he attended the historically black college Albany State University. Growing up, he had influences of legendary rap artists like Luther Campbell along with the Notorious B.I.G, and Ross progressively started getting inclined to the rap genre more professionally.
Career of Rick Ross
Initially, he entered the music industry under the pseudonym Teflon Da Don.
He made his recording debut on Erick Sermon's "Ain't Shhh to Discuss".
He changed his name to Rick Ross in the mid-20000s.
He formed his local rap group Carol City Carter that led him to sign with Suave House Records, former label for rap duo 8Ball & MJG.
Ross’s talent progressively started getting attention from bigger labels in the industry and eventually, he signed with Slip-n-Slide Records which acquainted him to the hip-hop fraudsters like Trick Daddy and Trina.
The real key started becoming popular locally as he frequently appeared on their releases so he toured with Trick Daddy’s shows.
However, Ross had not released any solo material until mid-2000. In 2006, Ross showcased his ability with writing just too.
His song “hustling” created a sale war amongst the record executives. Every big label wanted to sign a record deal with the talented rapper.
It was Def Jam President and an experienced rap artist Jay-Z who signed the million dollar deal with him.
In 2006, when “hustling” was released, it debuts straight at number 11 on Ough.S. Hot R n’ B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
His single had been a colossal hit leading to a release of his album “Port of Miami” which later on went on to receive gold certification off the “Recording Industry Association of America” later that calendar month.
Ross proved his talents and marked his arrival their industry with great bangs.
In 2008, he released his second record “Trilla” which featured hit singles including ‘speedin’, ‘the boss’ and ‘here I am’.
In 2009, he founded the record label Maybach Music Group.
The year 2009 brought even bigger success towards the rapper’s belt with the release of his third studio album “Deeper than rap” where he dared to disclose his connection with a correctional officer from a prison.
The record received rave reviews from the hip-hop press making his entrance to the lists of great rap artists.
In 2010, about the year once your colossal hit of his third album, Ross wasted no time releasing his fourth venture “Teflon Don” which debut straight in number 2 on the Billboard 200 in its first about a week.
His other albums released are God Forgives, I Don't (2012), Mastermind, Hood Billionaire (2014), Black Market (2015), and Rather You Than Me (2017).
Rick Ross signed Wale and Meek Mill to his Maybach Music Group Imprint in early 2011. Their debut compilation album, Self Made Vol. 1 was released in 2011.
His group released their second compilation, Self Made Vol. 2 in June 2012.
Personal Life of Rick Ross
The 42-years old American rapper, Rick Ross has four children. They are Toie Roberts, Berkeley Hermes Roberts, William Roberts III, and Billion Leonard Roberts.
He has had long lists of girlfriends Tiallondra Kemp, Elsie Neal, and Shateria Moragne-El. He also had romantic affairs with Christelle Blanche, Paige Imani, Ming Lee, and Lira Galore. He started dating Lira Galore in 2015. Later, they got engaged. However, their relationship did not last long and they split. He has built himself being a bad boy of which is actually a with the volume of girls he’s been with and also the number of controversies he’s faced.
About his personal life biography, he’s established himself as a likewise controversial artist for getting frequently arrested for illegal guns possession, kidnapping, and doing remedy. He has served a brief time in jail and paid thousands of dollars of fine. He has served a total of 60 months of probation on several charges. Some couple of years back, he even had a large showdown with another legendary rap artist 50 Cent which launched into a full-blown diss war. But in spite amidst all these negative publicities, he has managed to and delivers iconic hits to his audiences.
Details about him could be obtained from wiki and other personal sites relating him. Also, his fans can follow him at Twitter and have to know their favorite rapper more closely.
Body Measurements of Rick Ross
The 42-years old American rapper, Rick Ross stands at a height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 249 lbs i.e. 113 kg. He has a large body build. He has a chest size of 45 inches, biceps size of 15 inches, and waist size of 40 inches. He has black hair and dark brown eyes. He has long trimmed beard.
Net Worth of Rick Ross
Ross has accomplished great results in his career. With few awards back home and massive fortune in his bank account, Ross’s achievement truly is unmatchable. He's obtained the status of multi-millionaire in these a young age with his sincere affection and dedication for music. All his wealth has, in turn, helped him lead a high-end luxurious lifestyle with expensive watches to wear, fancy cars to operate a vehicle and a secret mansion-like house to house. Ross definitely has achieved great heights in his career. As of 2018, The 42-years old American rapper's net worth is estimated at around $35 million.
Trivias About Rick Ross You Need To Know.
- Following the success of his debut single, well-established record labels competed to sign him. He eventually signed a multi-million dollar deal with Jay-Z's Def Jam Records.
- He was the first artist signed to Diddy's management company Ciroc Entertainment.
- He enrolled at the Albany State University on a football scholarship.
- He derived his stage name from the former drug kingpin "Freeway" Rick Ross.
- "Freeway" Rick Ross filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Rick Ross in June 2010. The lawsuit was dismissed by the court in July, same year.
- Rapper Teflon Don filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against Ross for using his name as an album title in 2011.
- Before starting his rap career, he worked as a correctional officer from December 1995 to June 1997.
- He was featured in the cover of the May 2009 Issue of XXL magazine.
- His song, "Free Enterprise" from his album, Black Market created controversy due to the lyrics referring to the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.
- He suffered two seizures in the same day, one in the morning and again in the evening, on 14 October 2011. He was admitted to a hospital but was declared healthy.
- Rick Ross and his then-girlfriend were the targets of a drive-by shooting in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on 27 January 2013. They were not injured but crashed their car into an apartment while trying to escape the shooting.
- He was hospitalized after he was found unresponsive in his house in Miami, Florida in March 2018. He was released a few days later from the hospital.
- He made his film debut in the 2008 film, Days of Wrath.