Robin Thicke - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Wife, Partner, Family, Parents, Award, Nationality, Height, Weight, Facts, Career, Albums, Children, Wiki
Robin Thicke is an American-Canadian singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, musician, and actor. He released his debut album in 2002 titled "Cherry Blue Skies". After a year, he re-released the same album with some extra singles like "A Beautiful World" and "She's Gangsta" and gave the name "A Beautiful World" to the album which was released by NuAmerica / Interscope Records. The album was able to sell 63,000 copies in the USA till April 2007. The cover of the album features Paula Patton, his future wife. The album charted at number 152 on the US Billboard 200. It is roughly 55 minutes long. In July 2012, he made his feature film debut starring alongside Jaime Pressly in Jimbo Lee's "Abby in the Summer", produced by Gabriel Cowan, John Suits, Dallas Sonnier, and Jack Heller. The film, shot in 2012, was released in 2014 under the title "Making the Rules". During his career, Robin Thicke has collaborated with numerous artists, such as Nicki Minaj, 3T, T.I., Christina Aguilera, Jessie J, K. Michelle, Pharrell, DJ Cassidy, Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Flo Rida, Brandy, Kid Cudi, and Mary J. Blige. He is well recognized for his musical hits like "Magic", "Lost Without U", and "Sex Therapy". He is currently a judge on the Fox musical competition show The Masked Singer. On 12th February 2021, his eighth album entitled "On Earth, in Heaven" was released.
Emily Ratajkowski accuses Robin Thicke of groping her during the filming of 'Blurred Lines'
American model and actress, Emily Ratajkowski have accused the singer Robin Thicke of sexually assaulting her on a music video set for the controversial 2013 hit Blurred Lines. She alleges Thicke groped her bare breasts from behind during filming of the song’s video. It featured her and two other half-naked models, alongside American-Canadian Thicke, Pharrell Williams, and rapper TI, who were all fully clothed. The video and lyrics, which involve Thicke, 44, repeatedly singing, "I know you want it", were accused of glorifying rape culture, leading to a ban in some nightclubs and university campuses. She also makes the allegations in her forthcoming book, My Body, The Times revealed. She writes: "Suddenly, out of nowhere, I felt the coolness and foreignness of a stranger's hands cupping my bare breasts from behind." "I instinctively moved away, looking back at Robin Thicke. He smiled a goofy grin and stumbled backward, his eyes concealed behind his sunglasses. My head turned to the darkness beyond the set." The video's director, Diane Martel, said she witnessed the incident and "screamed" at Thicke, questioning his behavior. "I remember the moment that he grabbed her breasts. He was standing behind her as they were both in profile,” she told The Times. Both Ratajkowski and Martel claim Thicke was drunk at the time.
Why is Robin Thicke Famous?
- Being a singer, songwriter, record producer as well as a musician.
- For his single "Blurred Lines", which reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Where is Robin Thicke From? Know About His Age, Parents, Family
Robin Thicke took birth on 10th March 1977 in Los Angeles, California, the USA. His birth name is Robin Alan Thicke which was given to him by his parents; Alan Thicke (father), an actor/songwriter best known for his role in the TV sitcom "Growing Pains" and Gloria Loring (mother), an American actress/singer, who played a role in a drama "Days of Our Lives". They divorced when Robin was only 7. In addition, he also has an older brother named Brennan, who worked as a voice actor and voiced the titular character on the "Dennis the Menace" cartoon, and a younger half-brother, Carter. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is Multiracial as he is of English, Welsh, and Norwegian ancestry. Pisces is his Zodiac sign and his race is White. He follows the Christianity religion. He celebrated his 44th birthday as of 2021. During his early childhood, he appeared in small roles on "The Wonder Years", "Just the Ten of Us", "The New Lassie", and "Growing Pains". His parents were very supportive of his musical inclinations as his father helped him to write and structure his first songs. Initially, he did not get any financial assistance for his music school from them as they wanted him to focus on his studies before pursuing a career in music. He got his first recording contract with Interscope Records at the age of 16. He later joined a hip hop duo with future "Beverly Hills 90210" actor Brian Austin Green. He then moved out and start living on his own at the age of 17. He then made a name for himself within the industry as a songwriter and producer for other artists before releasing and performing his own music. During his early career, he co-wrote "Love Is on My Side" on Brandy's eponymous debut album; he also wrote for 3T's "Brotherhood", and collaborated with Jordan Knight, Jimmy Jam, and Terry Lewis on several songs in Knight's 1999 album "Jordan Knight" including the Billboard top 10 hits "Give It to You". Moreover, he co-wrote the song "When You Put Your Hands on Me" for Christina Aguilera's debut album and co-wrote and produced three songs for Mýa's sophomore release, "Fear of Flying".
Robin Thicke Career Timeline
- Robin Thicke released his debut album titled "Cherry Blues Sky" at the age of 22 with Interscope Records.
- Then, he released his debut single 'When I Get You Alone' which became a chart success when it peaked in the Top 20 in Australia, Belgium, and Italy, and reached the Top 10 of the singles charts in New Zealand and the Top 3 in the Netherlands.
- In 2003, he re-released the album under the name "A Beautiful World".
- Signing to Star Trak in 2005, he released his second album, "The Evolution of Robin Thicke" on 3rd October 2006 which consists of the singles 'Wanna Love U Girl', 'Lost Without U', 'Can U Believe' and 'Got 2 Be Down'.
- His third solo album, titled "Something Else" was released on 30th September 2008 which debuted at number three on the Billboard 200 charts and sold 137,000 copies in the first week which consist the singles such as 'Magic', 'The Sweetest Love' and more.
- His fourth album "Sex Therapy" was released on 15th December 2009. Similarly, his fifth album "Love After War" was released on 6th December 2011 which debuted at number twenty-two on the Billboard 200 and number six on the "Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums" selling 41,000 in its first week.
- His fifth studio album "Love After War" was released on 11th October 2011 which debuted at number twenty-two on the Billboard 200 and number six on the "Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums" selling 41,000 in its first week which consist of three singles; "Love After War", "Pretty Lil Heart", and "All Tied Up".
- Also, he appeared on season 2 of NBC's "The Voice" as a guest adviser/mentor to the contestants on Adam Levine's team.
- He made his feature film debut starring alongside Jaime Pressly in Jimbo Lee's "Abby in the Summer" in July 2012. The film, shot in 2012, was released in 2014 under the title Making the Rules.
- He served as a judge on the ABC television show "Duets" which premiered May 24, 2012.
- He released "Blurred Lines" on 26th March 2013 which features T.I. and Pharrell as the lead single to his sixth studio album, also titled "Blurred Lines" which became a worldwide hit and topped the charts in more than 13 countries.
- He starred as a fictionalized version of himself alongside Kevin Hart, Boris Kodjoe, Nelly, Duane Martin, J.B. Smoove, Nick Cannon, and Cynthia McWilliams in the first season of BET's hit show "Real Husbands of Hollywood" in early 2013.
- In 2014, he released his seventh studio album titled "Paula" dedicated to his ex-wife, Paula after his separation from her. The lead single of the album "Get Her Back" was released on 19th May 2014. "Paula" peaked at #9 on the Billboard 200 and sold 24,000 copies in its first week of release.
- In January 2019, he began appearing as a panelist on the reality competition series "The Masked Singer".
- On 25th June 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed him among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal Studios fire.
- "On Earth, and in Heaven" is the eighth studio album by American singer Robin Thicke. The album was released on February 12, 2021, on Lucky Music/Empire. He explained the album's inspiration: "I feel like I'm finally the person I set out to be. I'm able to laugh at anything, which I've realized is the greatest superpower. I've fully embraced it, and nothing has been better for my soul. When I saw the phrase 'On Earth, and in Heaven', I realized that's what I'm singing about: the people who aren't here and the people who are here that made me who I am. This music is the sunshine coming out after the rain".
Robin Thicke Awards and Achievements
Rоbіn Тhісkе has won the АЅСАР Аwаrd fоr thе ѕіnglе "Lоѕt Wіthоut U" int he year 2008. Hе hаѕ bееn nоmіnаtеd fіvе tіmеѕ іn thе Аmеrісаn Мuѕіс Аwаrdѕ аnd fіvе tіmеѕ іn thе Grаmmу Аwаrdѕ. The album "Blurred Lines" got him three nominations at the 2013 Grammy Awards in three different categories. Не hаѕ also wоn fоur Віllbоаrd Мuѕіс Аwаrdѕ frоm ѕеvеn nоmіnаtіоnѕ аnd hаѕ wоn thе NААСР Іmаgе Аwаrd іn 2014. In addition, he іѕ аlѕо thе wіnnеr оf twо Ѕоul Тrаіn Мuѕіс Аwаrdѕ.
Robin Thicke Personal Life: Who is Robin Thicke Engaged To and His Ex-Wife?
Robin Thicke was a married man previously. Currently, he is an engaged man to his fiancee/partner, April Love Geary who is a swimsuit model by profession. The duo met each other at a party in 2014. After a year, they first appeared in public together. The duo is blessed with three kids namely Mia Love, Lola Alain, and Luca Patrick. Robin and April became engaged on Christmas Eve 2018. As of now, the couple is enjoying their present life happily. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, Robin Thicke married American actress, Paula Patton on 11th June 2005 with whom he has a son, named, Julian Fuego Thicke (born on 7th April 2010). They split in February 2014 after 21 years of their marriage life. The divorce was finalized on 20th March 2015.
How much is Robin Thicke Net Worth?
Robin Thicke is a musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer by profession who has accumulated a net worth of $15 Million as of 2021. He is a very talented and successful singer who has achieved a huge name as well as fame. Releasing many songs and albums, he has made a huge fortune. His main source of wealth is from music industry whereas his secondary source of wealth is from rесоrd рrоduсеr. Additionally, he also оwnѕ а Роrѕсhе wоrth $160,000. Robin and his ex-wife, Paula Patton had appeared in a Rémy Martin commercial in 2012. He is living a luxurious lifestyle at present. Whereas his exact annual earnings and other income details are unavailable at a moment but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making in millions of dollars per year.
Robin Thicke Height and Weight: How tall is he?
Robin Thicke is a handsome man with an average body build who stands tall at the height of 6 ft 2 in or 188 cm. His balanced bodyweight consists of 88 Kg or 194 Pounds. His hair color is black and he has a pair of attractive blue eyes. He wears tailored suits and wears an Onyx ring on his wedding finger. His shoe size is 11 US. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him.
Trivias About Robin Thicke You Need To Know.
- Robin Thicke learned to play the piano at the age of 12, all by himself.
- He served as a judge, mentor, and singer on the ABC’s Duets.
- He has worked with a lot many celebs such as Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Usher Raymond, and Mary J. Blige.
- In May 2014, he provided vocals to the character of Jamal in an episode titled Permanent Record Wrecker of the animated sitcom, American Dad!.
- He is the nephew of Todd Thicke.