Sam Champion - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Partner, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Awards, Facts, Education, Job, Kids, News
Samuel James Champion, popularly known as Sam Champion is an American journalist. Champion is a popular weather anchor who is known for his work on the ABC flagship station, WABC-TV and Good Morning. After working for 25 years with ABC, he worked with NBC from 2014 to 2016. He returned to ABC in 2016. He has spent over 3 decades in journalism. He is gay by sexuality and is married to Rubem Robierb.
What is Sam Champion Famous For?
- Worked on the ABC flagship station WABC-TV and Good Morning America for combined 25 years.
Where is Sam Champion From?
Sam Champion was born on 13 August 1961. His birth name is Samuel James Champion. His birth place is in Paducah, Kentucky in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father, James H. Champion, and his mother, Sylvia Champion. He has a sister named Teresa. His father died in October 2010. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Leo.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Fairfax High School. He graduated from high school in 1979. He later attended Eastern Kentucky University, where he graduated with a B.A. degree in broadcast news.
Sam Champion Career
- After completing his degree, Sam Champion interned at WKYT-TV in Lexington, Kentucky.
- He then worked at WPSD-TV in Paducah, Kentucky, and later at WJKS in Jacksonville, Florida.
- He then became a weather forecaster for WABC-TV's Eyewitness News in New York in 1988.
- He also joined ABC's Good Morning America in 1998 and was a substitute weather anchor.
- He joined the network full-time in 2004. He was paid $1.5 million per year in salary.
- He became the host of the educational and informational program in Litton's Weekend Adventure called Sea Rescue in 2008. It focuses on the rescue, rehabilitation, and in many instances release of animals back into wildlife.
- He left ABC at the end of December 2013.
- He became an on-air presence at and managing editor of The Weather Channel.
- He began to host his own morning show, America's Morning Headquarters in March 2014.
- He left AMHQ in 2015 to serve as a contributor to its primetime programs.
- He left The Weather Channel in December 2016.
- He had occasionally appeared on Live with Kelly and Ryan, the daily talk show produced by WABC-TV, and CNN's Larry King Live.
- He returned to ABC as a fill-in weather forecaster on Good Morning America during the maternity leave of Chief Meteorologist Ginger Zee.
- He returned to WABC-TV's morning and noon newscasts and contributing to ABC News in 2019.
Who is Sam Champion Husband?
Sam Champion is a married man. He is married to Rubem Robierb, who is a Florida-based visual artist, sculptor, and photographer. The couple dated for several years and eventually got married on 12 December 2012. They received a Visibility Award at the Gala Dinner of Atlanta fundraiser in Atlanta, Georgia, the United States in 2013. The couple does not have any kids yet.
He had a basal cell carcinoma removed from his skin in May 2010 while on air. He said he wanted to raise awareness about skin cancer during Cancer Awareness Month.
How Tall is Sam Champion?
Sam Champion stands at a height of 1.83 m i.e. 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of around 200 lbs i.e. 91 kg. He has a slim body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is light brown. His hair has grown grey with age.
His sexual orientation is gay.
What is Sam Champion Salary and Net Worth?
Sam Champion earns from her professional career as a journalist. Champion has spent over 3 decades in journalism. He is one of the popular meteorologists who worked for ABC for over 25 years. He has made his fortune from his career. He has an annual salary of around $2 million. His net worth is estimated at around $10 million.
Trivias About Sam Champion You Need To Know.
- His father was a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps who served in Vietnam.
- His catchphrase when breaking for weather reports from local ABC stations is, "That's the weather around the nation. Here's what you can expect this morning."
- He is active in many charitable organizations in the New York City area.
- He was the Grand Marshal of the Multiple Sclerosis Society Fall Bike Tour, the chairman of the 25th annual March of Dimes NYC WalkAmerica.
- He was the master of ceremonies of "Stopping AIDS Together," a part of Sunday by the Bay.
- He hosted the New York City Anti-Violence Project's 2002 "Courage Awards," along with movie critic Frank DeCaro.