Samantha Weinstein - Bio, Death, Husband, Age, Net Worth, Family, Wiki
Samantha Weinstein, a Canadian actress, made a remarkable impact during her seventeen-year-long career in the entertainment industry. Beginning her journey at the tender age of six, she showcased her talent in various films, including "Siblings" (2004), "Big Girl" (2005), "Ninth Street Chronicles" (2006), and "Toronto Stories" (2008). Beyond her acting pursuits, Samantha was a true multi-talent. In April 2016, she founded the Toronto-based garage rock band, Killer Virgins, where she served as the lead singer, songwriter, and lead guitarist. Samantha was married to her husband, Michael Knutson.
Tragically, Samantha's life was cut short when she lost her battle with ovarian cancer on May 14, 2023. She passed away at the age of 28, leaving behind a legacy of remarkable accomplishments and a profound impact on those who had the privilege of witnessing her talent. Samantha Weinstein's untimely departure was deeply felt in the industry, as she left an indelible mark through her acting, music, and undeniable passion for her craft.
Samantha Weinstein Early Life: Parents and Siblings
Born on March 20, 1995, Samantha Weinstein, hailing from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, embarked on her journey in the entertainment industry at a tender age. Samantha Gail Weinstein was her full name. With Canadian nationality and a Canadian-White ethnic background, Samantha celebrated her 28th birthday in 2023 for the last time. She was raised in a loving family, with her father named David Weinstein, her mother named Jojo Tindall-Weinstein, and a sibling, sister, Sabrina Weinstein, accompanying her. From the age of six, Samantha displayed her passion and talent for acting, marking the beginning of her impressive professional career. Samantha attended a local school in Toronto.
Samantha Weinstein Movie Career
- Samantha Weinstein has an impressive filmography that showcases her talent and range as an actress. In the world of film, she has taken on various roles that have allowed her to demonstrate her skills. In 2004, she appeared in "Siblings" as Danielle, followed by "Big Girl" in 2005, where she played Josephine. In 2006, she starred as Sara in "Ninth Street Chronicles," and in 2007, she portrayed Child Hagar Currie in "The Stone Angel."
- Weinstein continued to build her career with notable roles in films such as "Jesus Henry Christ" (2012), where she played Audrey O'Hara in the main role. She also had supporting roles in films like "Carrie" (2013) as Heather and "Haunter" (2013) as Frances Nichols. In addition to her work in live-action films, she has lent her voice to animated films such as "Babar and the Adventures of Badou I" (2010) and "Reign" (2015).
- Turning to television, Samantha Weinstein has made appearances in various TV shows throughout her career. In 2003, she portrayed Sam the Brownie in an episode of "The Red Green Show." She continued to land roles in TV movies and series, including "The Winning Season" (2004) as Reeny Soshack and "Maggie Hill" (2009) as Emily Ransom. She also had recurring roles in shows like "At the Hotel" (2005) as Piper and "Alias Grace" (2017) as Effie.
- In the realm of voice acting, Weinstein has made significant contributions. She provided the voice of Chiku in "Babar and the Adventures of Badou" (2010-2012) and voiced Mindy Gelato in "The ZhuZhus" (2016). She also played Sloane in "D.N. Ace" (2019-2020) and Clara Tinhorn in "Dino Ranch" (2021-2023).
- n addition to her impressive film and television career, Samantha Weinstein was a prolific voice actor, lending her talents to numerous cartoons. Her work in the realm of voice acting continued until the final weeks before her untimely death. Beyond her acting pursuits, Weinstein was also a skilled singer and guitarist, actively involved in the garage rock band Killer Virgins. Her versatile talents as an actress, voice actor, and musician showcased her passion for the arts and left a lasting impact on those who had the privilege of witnessing her talent.
Samantha Weinstein Awards and Achievements
- ACTRA Award, won Outstanding Performance – Female, 2005, Big Girl.
- Cyprus International Film Festival won Special Mention for an actress's leading role in a short film, 2007, Big Girl.
- Austin Film Festival awarded Special Jury Mention for her performance, 2007, Ninth Street Chronicles.
Who was Samantha Weinstein married to?
Samantha Weinstein was happily married to her husband Michael Knutson. The couple exchanged vows on October 29, 2022, a day Samantha described as "the best day of my life" in an Instagram post. They shared a loving and committed relationship until Samantha's untimely passing. Despite their strong bond, the couple did not have any children. Their time together was filled with love, support, and cherished memories. Prior to her death, Weinstein had come out as non-binary.
How did Samantha Weinstein die?
The entertainment industry mourns the loss of Samantha Weinstein, a talented actor renowned for her portrayal of Heather in the 2013 horror film "Carrie." At the age of 28, Samantha passed away after a courageous battle with ovarian cancer, which she fought valiantly for over two and a half years. On May 14, 2023, she sadly succumbed to ovarian cancer at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Toronto, Ontario. The announcement of her passing cast a shadow of grief over the industry, as her Instagram post revealed that she was surrounded by her loved ones during her final moments. Throughout her life, Samantha's adventures spanned jet-setting around the world, lending her voice to a multitude of animated characters, making music, and accumulating a profound understanding of life that surpassed many. Her father, David Weinstein, described her as a radiant embodiment of positivity, capable of illuminating any room she entered.
Samantha Weinstein net worth 2023
Samantha Weinstein showcased her talent as a versatile actress, leaving a mark in both movies and TV series. She portrayed various memorable roles throughout her career, captivating audiences with her performances. Some notable roles include Audrey O'Hara in the film "Jesus Henry Christ" (2012), Heather in the film adaptation of "Carrie" (2013), and Frances Nichols in the supernatural thriller "Haunter" (2013). In the television realm, she had recurring roles such as Effie in "Alias Grace" (2017) and Clara Tinhorn in the animated series "Dino Ranch" (2021-2023). These roles highlight her range as an actress and her ability to bring depth and authenticity to her characters.
As of 2023, Samantha Weinstein had accumulated a net worth estimated to be between $1 to $5 million dollars. Her annual income was in the thousands of dollars, reflecting her successful career in the entertainment industry. Her primary source of wealth came from her work in films, television shows, and voice-acting projects. Samantha Weinstein embraced life to the fullest, utilizing her talent and passion to create memorable performances that resonated with audiences.
How tall was Samantha Weinstein?
Samantha Weinstein was not only a talented actress but also possessed captivating physical features that drew people in. With her charming smile and glowing face, she had a natural beauty that captivated the attention of many. Standing at approximately 5 feet 5 inches in height, she had a graceful presence that added to her allure. She maintained a weight of around 55 kg, which contributed to her slender and elegant appearance.
In terms of her distinctive features, Samantha had enchanting red-brown eyes that added depth and intensity to her gaze. Her eye color was a unique aspect of her overall look, enhancing her beauty and making her stand out. Complementing her eyes, she had lovely brown hair that added warmth and richness to her appearance. These physical attributes, combined with her talent and charisma, contributed to Samantha Weinstein's overall appeal and made her a memorable presence in the entertainment industry.
Trivias About Samantha Weinstein You Need To Know.
- She began her acting career when she was six years old, at a theatre camp where she had one week to put together a play.
- She was known for her versatility as an actress, tackling various genres and roles throughout her career.
- She had a close bond with her family, including her father, David Weinstein, and her mother, Jojo Tindall-Weinstein.
- She was greatly admired and respected by her peers in the entertainment industry.
- Samantha gained recognition for her role as Heather in the 2013 horror film "Carrie."
- Her birth mwas Samantha Gail Weinstein.