Scarlett Johansson - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Kids, Age, Height, Wiki
Scarlett Johansson is an American actress and singer. Her birth name is Scarlett Ingrid Johansson. She is the world's highest-paid actress. She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She made her acting debut as a child actress in an Off-Broadway play. She made her film debut in the fantasy comedy North in 1994. Her major films are Manny & Lo, The Horse Whisperer, Ghost World, Lost in Translation, Girl with a Pearl Earring, A Love Song for Bobby Long, March Point, The Prestige, Vicky-Cristina Barcelona, Lucy, Under the Skin. She has received numerous accolades for her work in Hollywood.
As a singer, she has released two albums, Anywhere I Lay My Head, and Break Up. She is also a great philanthropist.
Actress Scarlett Johansson was taken to the LAPD station after a paparazzi incident
Scarlett Johansson was reportedly taken to an LAPD station after she was overpowered by paparazzi outside the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" studio on Hollywood Boulevard on Monday. She was there to talk about her upcoming movie Avengers: Endgame along with co-stars, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, and Paul Rudd. Her security drove her to the station after the incident. She was not injured but was spooked in the incident. No police report was filed.
Johansson plays Black Widow in Marvel films. Avengers: Endgame is set to release on 26 April 2019.
What is Scarlett Johansson Famous For?
- Highest-paid actress in the world.
- Role as Black Widow in Marvel films.
Where was Scarlett Johansson born?
Scarlett Johansson was born on 22 November 1984. Her birth name is Scarlett Ingrid Johansson. She was born to a father, Olaf Johansson, and a mother, Melanie Sloan. Her birth place is in the Manhattan borough of New York City in the United States. She is half Jewish and celebrates both Christmas and Hanukkah. She holds both American and Danish nationality. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She is of Danish, and Swedish descent on her father's side, whereas she is of Polish and Russian descent on her mother's side. She has 4 siblings, an older sister, Vanessa, an older brother, Adrian, and a twin brother, Hunter. She also has an older half-brother, Christian from her father's first marriage. Her parents divorced when she was 13 years old.
She attended an elementary school, PS 41 in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. She was interested in a career in the spotlight from an early age. She was interested in musical theater and jazz hands. She took tap dance classes. She used to practice acting in the mirror as a child. She was disappointed when a talent agent signed one of her brothers instead of her.
She enrolled at the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute. She also started auditioning for commercials. She soon shifted her focus to film and theatre. She made her first stage appearance in the Off-Broadway play, Sophistry.
She studied at Professional Children's School (PCS). She graduated from PCS in 2002 and applied to New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. She was rejected.
The career of Scarlett Johansson
- She made her film debut at the age of 9 in 1994. She appeared in the role of John Ritter's daughter in the fantasy comedy film, North.
- Her first major role is as Amanda, the youngest sister of a pregnant teenager who runs away from her foster home in the 1996 film, Manny & Lo.
- Her major films are The Horse Whisperer, Ghost World, Lost in Translation, Girl with a Pearl Earring, A Love Song for Bobby Long, March Point, The Prestige, Vicky-Cristina Barcelona, Lucy, Under the Skin.
- She transitioned from teen to adult roles in the 2003 films, Lost in Translation, and Girl with a Pearl Earring.
- Her roles in Lost in Translation and Girl with a Pearl Earring established her as among the most versatile actress of her generation.
- In 2005, she underwent a tonsillectomy.
- She got a head injury while filming The Island in 2005. She was exhausted to shoot 14 hours a day playing dual roles.
- She joined Marvel as Black Widow in Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2 in 2010. she undertook stunt and strength training and dyed her hair red to prepare for the role.
- She learned some Russian from a former teacher on the phone for her role as Black Widow in The Avenger 2012.
- She learned to drive a van, and speak with an English accent for the 2013 science fiction film, Under the Skin. The film took nine years to complete.
- She reprised the role of Black Widow in Captain America: The Winter Soldier in 2014.
- She reprised the role as Black Widow in the 2015 Avengers: Age of Ultron and 2016 Captain America: Civil War.
- She was pregnant while filming Avengers: Age of Ultron. They used a mixture of close-ups, concealing costumes, stunt doubles, and visual effects were used to hide her pregnancy.
- She reprised the role as Black Widow in Avengers: Infinity War in 2018 and in Avengers: End Game in 2019.
- In 2021, Johansson reprised her role as Ash in the sequel Sing 2.
- She will next appear in Wes Anderson's romantic comedy-drama film, Asteroid City.
- Additionally, she will appear in Project Artemis and Bride, both directed by Sebastian Lelio, for Apple TV+.
- She made her Broadway debut in a revival of Arthur Miller's drama, A View from the Bridge in 2010.
- She was one of the Hollywood actors who sang for a non-profit collection of songs in 2006. She sang "Summertime".
- She performed with the Jesus and Mary Chain for a Coachella reunion show in Indio, California in April 2007.
- She appeared as the leading lady in Justin Timberlake's music video for "What Goes Around..Comes Around".
- She has released two albums, Anywhere I Lay My Head in 2008 and Break Up released in 2009. Both of her albums are charted on the Billboard 200.
- She and singer-songwriter Pete Yorn released a collaborative album, Break Up in September 2009.
- She sang "Bullet" for Steel Train's Terrible Thrills Vol. 1.
- She sang "One Whole Hour" for the 2011 soundtrack of the documentary film Wretches & Jabbers.
- She sang on a J. Ralph track "Before My Time" for the end credits of the climate documentary Chasing Ice in 2012.
- She formed a band, the Singles in February 2015 with Este Haim from HAIM, Holly Miranda, Kendra Morris, and Julia Haltigan. The group released their first single "Candy".
- The Los Angeles-based rock band, the Singles issued a cease and desist order to stop using their name.
- She performed "Trust in Me" for The Jungle Book soundtrack and "Set It All Free" and "I Don't Wanna" for Sing: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.
- She collaborated with Pete York for an EP, Apart.
Philanthropy Work of Scarlett Johansson
- She has supported various charitable organizations. She is involved with "Aid Still Required, Cancer Research UK, Stand Up To Cancer, Too Many Women" and "USA Harvest".
- She became the global ambassador for the aid and development agency Oxfam in 2005.
- She took part in the anti-poverty campaign ONE in 2007.
- A UK-based bidder paid 20,000 pounds on an eBay auction to benefit Oxfam in March 2008, winning a hair and makeup treatment, a pair of tickets, and a chauffeured trip to accompany her on a 20-minute date to the world premiere of He's Just Not That Into You.
- She resigned from the Oxfam position in January 2014 after criticism of her promotion of SodaStream.
- She and her Avengers costars raised $500,000 for the victims of Hurricane Maria.
- She collaborated with 300 women in Hollywood to set up the Time's Up initiative to protect women from harassment and discrimination in 2018.
- She took part in the Women's March in Los Angeles in January 2018.
Who is Scarlett Johansson married to?
Scarlett Johansson is been married thrice in her life. She first married Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds. They started dating in 2007 and got engaged in May 2008. They tied a knot with each other in 2008. The couple separated in December 2010 and their divorce was finalized in July 2011.
She then married Frenchman Romain Dauriac. He is the owner of an advertising agency. The couple started dating in November 2012 and got engaged in September 2013. Scarlett gave birth to their daughter, Rose Dorothy Dauriac in 2014. They got married in October same year in Philipsburg, Montana. The couple separated in mid-2016 and their divorce was finalized in September 2017.
Currently, Johansson is married to SNL co-head writer and "Weekend Update" co-host Colin Jost. Their relationship was confirmed in December 2017 and got engaged in May 2019. Finally, At their New York residence in October 2020, the couple got married. Together, they have a son, Cosmo Jost, who was born in August 2021.
In the past, she dated classmate Jack Antonoff from 2001 to 2002 while attending PCS. She also dated her Black Dahlia co-star, Josh Hartnett for about 2 years between 2004 and 2006.
Nude photographs of Johansson hacked from her hell cell phone were published online in September 2011. The hacker was arrested following an FBI investigation. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
She won a lawsuit against French publisher JC Lattes for defamatory statements about her relationships in the novel The First Thing We Look At by Gregoire Delacourt. She claimed $68,000 and was awarded $3,400.
What are Scarlett Johansson's Body Measurements?
Scarlett Johansson stands at a height of 1.6 m i.e. 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has a body weight of 125 lbs i.e. 57 kg. She has a slim body build. her body measurements are 36-26-36 inches. She wears a bra of size 32D. She has green eyes and brunette hair. She often dyes her hair blonde. She wears a dress of size 8 (US) and shoes of size 9.5 (US). Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Scarlett Johansson's Net Worth?
Scarlett Johansson was the highest-grossing actress in 2016. She is also the highest-grossing actress of all time in North America in nominal dollar terms. Her films have made $4.3 billion worldwide. She appeared on Forbes' Celebrity 100 in 2006, 2015, 2-15, and 2016. She was the highest-paid actress earning $17 million in 2014, $35.5 million in 2015, and $25 million in 2016. She earned $40.5 million in 2018 once again becoming the world's highest-paid actress. She was the highest-grossing actor in 2016 with a total of $1.2 billion.
Besides films, she has appeared in advertisements for Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, L'Oreal, and Louis Vuitton. She has also represented the Spanish brand, Mango since 2009. She was the first Hollywood celebrity to represent a champagne producer, appearing in advertisements for Moet & Chandon. She became the global brand ambassador for the Israeli company SodaStream in January 2014. She has also appeared in a Super Bowl XLVIII commercial in February 2014.
Working in the entertainment industry is her major source of income. She earns from her acting career, working in commercials, and musical career, among others. As of now, her net worth is estimated at $165 million.
Trivias About Scarlett Johansson You Need To Know.
- Her father is an architect, whereas his mother is a producer.
- She was close to her grandmother, Dorothy Sloan and considered her best friend.
- She appeared along with Natalie Portman on the cover of W to promote the film, The Other Boleyn Girl.
- She hosted SNL for the fifth time in March 2017. She was the 17th person and the fourth woman to host SNL five times.
- She appeared nude on the cover of the March 2006 issue of Vanity Fair alongside Keira Knightley and fully clothed fashion designer Tom Ford.
- She is described as a sex symbol by the media.
- The Sydney Morning Herald describes Johansson as "the embodiment of male fantasy".
- She lost the lead role of Lisbeth Salander in the 2011 film, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo as the director, David Fincher thought she was "too sexy" for the part.
- She was criticized for calling out James Franco on allegations of sexual misconduct as in the past she had been silent on working with Woody Allen amid accusation by his daughter Dylan Farrow.
- Maxim included her in their Hot 100 from 2006 to 2014.
- Esquire named her "Sexiest Woman Alive" twice in 2006 and 2013.
- She was named "Sexiest Woman Alive" by Playboy in 2007, Men's Health in 2011, and FHM since 2005.
- GQ named her Babe of the Year in 2010.
- She has a wax sculpture of her at Madame Tussauds New York museum in 2015.
- She endorsed Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.