Who is Scherie Murray, Jamaican-Born Republican Woman? Bio, Net Worth, Party, Married, Husband, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, News, Congress, Nationality
Scherie Murray is a Jamaican-American politician, businesswoman, entrepreneur, and social media personality. She had her first experience working for a public service agency at age 17. Recently, She announced that she is running for Congress in 2020 as a Republican against Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Let's know more about the multi-talented politician through this article.
Where is Scherie Murray born?
Recalling his early life, Scherie Murray was born in Jamaica. She holds Jamaican-American nationality and belongs to Jamaican ethnicity. Her religion is Christianity. She was raised in Queens, New York City, New York, USA. Information regarding her parents and siblings is yet to be disclosed. Further, She was captain of her high school gymnastics team.
Where is Scherie Murray go for education?
Regarding her education, She graduated from the Law, Government and Community Service Magnet High School in Cambria Heights, Queens. She then attends New York University and earned an Associate Degree in Micro Computer Business Systems and a bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism.
How Scherie Murray become a politician?
- Moving towards her career, Murray initially began to start working for a public service agency at age 17. It was the first experience for her. She then interned for the New York City MTA Jamaica Bus Depot as a systems analyst. She also served as an editor of the college newspaper the New Tech Times as a student.
- She became a business owner in 2004 when she launched the Esemel Group. It was a television production and advertising company. She explained on her campaign website that the intended mission was to “address the lack of minorities in media” and create employment opportunities.
- In 2015, She ran for the New York State Assembly as a candidate for District 29. According to Ballotpedia, she lost the election to Democrat Alicia Hyndman in a landslide. She earned just about 7% of the vote.
- In 2019, She has announced that she is running for Congress in 2020 as a Republican against Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for New York’s 14th congressional district.
What are the political agendas of Scherie Murray for New York’s 14th congressional district?
- In announcing her candidacy, Murray focused on job creation and criticizing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, she feels Ocasio-Cortez is not doing enough to make sure people in the district have access to well-paying jobs. She has called the proposed Green New Deal a “job-killing” idea.
- In her campaign video, Murray referenced the Amazon deal by stating, “Queens and the Bronx needs someone who will create jobs instead of turning them away.”
- She repeatedly referenced bridges and stated that she has always been willing to work with people of different backgrounds and political parties.
Who is Scherie Murray married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Murray has never disclosed her husband's information on online sites yet. But she mentioned that she is the mother of the child on her twitter. There is no exact information was disclosed about her marital status at present, it is in mystery. In the case of an update, we will let you know.
What is the net worth of Scherie net worth?
Being a politician, Murray earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through her profession. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth is said to be $850 Thousand at present while her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Scherie Murray?
Observing her body physics, Murray has a height of 5 feet 10 inches and her body weighs around 58 kg. Similarly, Her body measurements are 35-27-36 inches. Her bra size is 34B. She has black hair and dark brown eyes. Her shoe size is 6 (UK).