Shira Haas - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Boyfriend, Personal Life, Age, Nationality, Family, Parents, Facts, Wiki, Height, Disability, Awards
Shira Haas is an Israeli actress who is mostly known for her role of Esther Shapiro in the Netflix miniseries "Unorthodox" which debuted on 26th March 2020 for which she received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding lead actress in a Limited Series or Movie and became the first Israeli to be nominated for an acting Emmy Award. She also won the 2020 Tribeca Film Festival Award for Best International Actress for her role as Vika in the Israeli drama film "Asia". She also has been portraying the role of Ruchami Weiss in the Israeli drama television series "Shistel" from 2013.
She is also active in the social media platform with around 440k followers on her Instagram: @shirahaas and has around 14k followers on her Twitter: @shirahaas. On September 20, 2020, Hollywood icons gathered virtually for the 72nd Annual Emmy Awards, with many appearing from their LA homes whilst Hass from Israel.
On the grand ceremony, Hass starred series "Unorthodox" gained many nominations taking home the outstanding director by the series' director Maria Schrader recalling the magical moment when she chose Hass to star on the series.
What is Shira Haas famous for?
- Famous as an Israeli actress
- Known for her appearance in the 2020 Netflix miniseries "Unorthodox"
Where is Shira Haas from?
Shira Haas was born on May 11, 1995, in Tel Aviv, Israel. Her birth name is Shira Haas(Hebrew:שירה האס). American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is Jewish while Tauras is her zodiac sign.
She was born to Eran Haas(father) and Ariela Wrubell Haas(mother). She has a younger sister, Dotan Haas. Her father is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent and her mother is of Czech-Jewish descent. When she was just 1 year old, her family moved to Hod HaSharon.
She was raised in Hod HaSharon. At the age of 2, she got diagnosed with kidney cancer from which she recovered two years later. Since her childhood, she was interested in acting and she attended many acting classes.
Her parents supported her in her decision to pursue her career in acting. Then, she studied theatre at Thelma Yellin High School of the Arts. She also performed at the Cameri Theatre. At the age of 16, she auditioned for the lead role in the film "Princess" after her Facebook friend and casting director, Esther King advised her to do so and she got the lead role.
Shira Haas's Career: Highlights
- Shira Haas started her acting career in 2013 after she started playing the role of Ruchami Weiss in the Israel drama series "Shtistel".
- In 2014, she got her prominence lead role of Adar in the Israel drama film "Princess" for which she got lots of appreciation.
- She also got praised by The New York Times for her "truly remarkable lead performance" and The Hollywood Reporter.
- Her role earned her first award "Best Actress Award at the Jerusalem Film Festival" in 2014 and she also won the Best Actress Award at the Peace & Love Film Festival in 2015.
- Since then, she has not looked back on her career and has also left her mark in Hollywood.
- Shira made her Hollywood debut with the role of young Fania in the American film "A Tale of Love and Darkness" in 2015.
- She has appeared in many television series such as "Hazoref", "Ikaron HaHachlafa", "Harem", and "HaMenatzeah".
- In the year 2017, she played the role of Alma in the American film "Foxtrot" for which she received an Ophir Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
- She went on to win her first Ophir Award in 2018 for her role in the Drama film "Noble Savage".
- She also played the role of Leah in the biblical drama film "Mary Magdalene" in 2018.
- In February 2019, she got listed on the Israeli Forbes list of 30 under 30.
- She also portrayed the role of a daughter in the Israeli film "Asia" which got released online at the 2020 Tribeca Film Festival considering the COVID-19 rules and regulations.
- At the Tribeca Film Festival, her role in the film "Asia" earned her "Best International Actress Award".
- Her most awaited role of Esther Shapiro in the German-American web drama television series "Unorthodox" has been appreciated a lot after the series got premiered on 26th March 2020 on Netflix.
- Also in July 2020, she received a Primetime Emmy Award for Best Lead Actress in a Limited Series nomination and a Germany Television Award nomination for Best actress.
- Her role in the series has been loved by the jury members and the audiences. She also has received good acclaims from renowned journalists like James Poniewozik of The New York Times and Brigid Deanly of The Guardian.
- At present, she is shooting for the upcoming episodes of the series.
Who is Shira Haas married to?
The Israeli Actress, Shira Haas is not married till the date. However, she is in a relationship with Daniel Moreshet. Daniel is also an Israeli actor. The couple started dating each other since 2013. They often are seen together on her Instagram posts. At present, she is living a happy life in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Furthermore, she learned the Yiddish language for her role as Esther Shapiro in the series "Unorthodox". For the role, she also shaved her head and also took piano and singing classes. In the series, her character "Esther" runs away from her arranged marriage and the Ultra-Orthodox community in Brooklyn, New York City. This series is based on the true-life story of Deborah Feldman, who wrote an autobiography titled "Unorthodox".
How much does Shira Haas earn?
The Israeli actress, Shira Haas has earned a handsome amount of money from her profession since debuting in 2013. She has an estimated net worth of $550k as of 2020 and has a salary of around $15k per episode in the series "Unorthodox". Her net worth includes all her property and her present earnings. She also earns additional incomes from her endorsement deals. At present, she is living a luxurious lifestyle with her earnings.
Shira Haas Height
The 25 years aged, Shira Haas has a well maintained slim body. She is a gorgeous lady with light brown hair and a pair of brown eyes. She stands at a height of 5ft 2 inches(1.52m) and has a bodyweight of 50kg. Her body measurement is 32-23-33 inches. Her bra cup size is 32B. She wears the shoe of size 6(US).
Trivias About Shira Haas You Need To Know.
- Hass's name Shira means 'poetry'.
- Her grandparents were Holocaust survivors.
- She successfully underwent treatment for kidney cancer at the tender age of 2. However, her prolonged treatment also stunted her physical growth.
- She aspires to direct a film.
- She bravely shaved her head in real life while shooting a pivotal scene as Esty Shapiro in "Unorthodox".