Sofía Vergara - Bio, Net Worth, AGT, Career, Husband, Children, Family, Married, Nationality, Parents, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Salary, Personal Life
One of the gorgeous multi-talented celebrities, Sofia Vergara is an actress, television producer, comedian, presenter, and model. She earned her popularity in the late 1990s when she was co-hosting two Spanish television shows. Also, She enjoyed the position of top-paid American television actress in the years 2012, 2013, and 2016 and became one of the best-paid actresses in the world in 2019. She won the “People’s Choice Award” in the category of Favorite TV Comedy Actress for Modern Family in 2017. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Sofia Vergara famous for?
- A Colombian-American actress, television producer, presenter, and model.
- The highest-paid TV actress in the world.
Where does Sofia Vergara live?
Recalling her early life, Sofia was born as Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara to her parents, Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo and margarita Vergara Davila de Vergara in the year 1972. Currently, she is 47 years old and belongs to white ethnicity. Her father was a cattle rancher and her mother was a homemaker.
Similarly, she raised in Barranquilla, Colombia along with her 4 siblings named Sandra Vergara, Rafael Vergara, Veronic Vergara, and Julio Vergara. Sadly, her older brother was killed in gunfire during a botched kidnapping attempt in 1998. The family later moved to Miami, Florida, to escape from the unrest in Colombia. She hols Columbian-American citizenship and her birth sign are Cancer. Further, her religious views are Roman Catholicism.
For education, she attended Marymount International School Barranquilla, a private bilingual Spanish/English school. She later studied dentistry for three years at a university in Colombia but dropped out without finishing the last two semesters to pursue a modeling career.
How Sofia Vergara become an actress?
- Moving towards her career, Sofia begin her career as a model after a photographer spotted her walking on a Colombian beach and quickly offered her work.
- However, coming from a strict Catholic family, she was initially concerned about accepting the offer and took permission from her teachers to work as a model.
- Later, she appeared in a Pepsi commercial aimed at the Latin American audience at the age of 17. Then in 20, she started working as a runway model in Bogota, Columbia.
- Her first major job on television was co-hosting the Univisión travel show, 'Fuera de Serie'.
- From 1995 to 1998, she traveled to exotic locations around the world for the show. The show, which was also broadcast on American network channels, gave her exposure in the United States.
- In 2002, She started her acting career with the comedy film 'Big Trouble'. However, her first significant role as an actor came next year, in the movie 'Chasing Papi'.
- In 2005, she was cast in the movie 'Four Brothers'. She later acted in two Tyler Perry films, 'Meet the Browns' (2008) and 'Madea Goes to Jail' (2009). She was nominated for an ALMA Award for 'Best Actress in Film' for her performance in 'Madea Goes to Jail'.
- During this time, she appeared as a guest on several TV shows including 'Baywatch' and 'Entourage'.
- She was also cast in primary roles in two television series, 'Hot Properties' (2005) and 'The Knights of Prosperity' (2007).
- In 2009, she performed on-stage for five weeks, playing Mama Morton in the Broadway production 'Chicago'.
- The same year, she got her breakthrough role as the sexy and assertive Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on the ABC sitcom 'Modern Family'. The show became an instant hit and earned her multiple awards and nominations.
- In 2011, she appeared in many Hollywood movies including 'The Smurfs', 'New Year's Eve', and 'Happy Feet Two'. In the last one, she worked as a voice actor.
- In 2012, she worked in 'The Three Stooges', an adaptation of the 1930s vaudeville show. She played a mean and negative character in the movie.
- also, She lent her voice to the character of Gabby Babblebrook in the 2013 animated sci-fi, 'Escape from Planet Earth'. The same year, she did a role in the film 'Machete Kills'.
- In 2015, she worked as an actor as well as executive producer in the movie 'Hot Pursuit'. She received a People's Choice Awards nomination for her role in the movie.
- Her other notable movies and TV series are Soul Plane (2004), Dirty Sexy Money (2007), Family Guy (2013), The Simpsons (2016), The Female Brain (2017), The Con Is On (2018), The Con Is On (2019) and many others.
- Also, She stars on the ABC sitcom Modern Family as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett, for which she was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- In 2020, she was announced as the newest judge on America's Got Talent, joining the panel starting with its fifteenth season.
What are the achievements of Sofia Vergara?
- Throughout her career, Sofia has been nominated for four Golden Globe Awards, four Primetime Emmy Awards, and seven Screen Actors Guild Awards for portraying Gloria Delgado-Pritchett in the ABC series 'Modern Family'. She has won seven awards from 2010 to 2013 for the role.
- According to 'Forbes', she was the highest-paid actress in television in the US in 2012, 2013, and 2016. As per the report, she has earned $180 million as of 2020. She also made it to the list of most powerful women in the world by 'Forbes'.
- She topped Askmen.com's list of 99 "most desirable" women of 2012. The next year, she ranked 12th on the same list.
Everything to know about Joe Manganiello
Who is Sofia Vergara married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Sofia was married twice to date. Firstly, she married her childhood sweetheart, Joe Gonzalez in 1991 at the age of 18. Together, the duo blessed a son named Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara. However, the duo ended their married life in 1993.
After that, she has a romantic relationship with Craig David in 2003. Also, the lovebirds did not continue their life together and later broke up. Then, he fell in love with a politician named Nick Loeb in 2010. The couple has an on-off relationship until 2012. After that, the couple engaged in July 2012, but after nearly two years of engagement, they separated on 20th May 2014.
The same year, she met the actor Joe Manganiello at White House Correspondents’ Dinner Party, and soon they dating each other. Also, they engaged during the Christmas of the same year. Then, the couple married in Palm Beach, Florida on November 21st, 2015. Presently, the couple lives blissfully and lavish life and seems to be happy. However, the couple does not have children together.
How much is Sofia Vergara worth?
Being an actress and model, Sofia has an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $180 million. Also, she adds up her income through her endorsements like Diet Pepsi, KMart, Comcast Xfinity, Head & Shoulders Spokesperson, medicine Synthroid, Rooms To Go, etc. Further, the details of her assets are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Sofía Vergara?
Observing her body physics, Sofia stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 64 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of hazel eyes and blonde hair color. Further, her body measures 38-28-39 inches and her bra size is 32F. Additionally, she used 8 (US) dress size and she has a Voluptuous body.
Trivias About Sofía Vergara You Need To Know.
- She has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and multiple Emmy Awards for her comedic acting on the hit show Modern Family.
- After she divorced, she studied pre-dentistry at a Colombian university for three years.
- Attended Marymount School Barranquilla, a private bilingual Spanish/English school.
- As a young girl, Sofía was so self-conscious of her thin frame, she used to wear two pairs of jeans to fill out her figure.