Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Spencer Webb
|Celebrated Name||Spencer Webb|
|Age||23 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Spencer Webb|
|Birth Name||Spencer Webb|
|Place Of Birth||Oregon|
|High School||Christian Brothers High School|
|University||University of Oregon|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Death Date||13th July 2022|
|Cause Of Death||Brain Injury Due To Accident|
|Current Team||Oregon Ducks|
Spencer Webb was an American footballer who played college football for the Oregon Ducks. His playing position was a tight end. His first career catch came on a 20-yard TD grab against Oregon's opener against Auburn in 2019, from Ducks quarterback and future Los Angeles Charger, Justin Herbert. He redshirted in his first year with the Ducks in 2018. He set career highs with 209 receiving years and three touchdowns in 2019. A fifth-year junior in 2022, he was a 4-star prospect coming out of Christian Brothers High School. His shirt number was #18 for his team. His teammates nicknamed him "Spider." Sadly, he dies on 13th July 2022 at the age of 22.
What is Spencer Webb Famous For?
- Being an American football tight end.
- Playing college football for the Oregon Ducks.
How did Spencer Webb die?
Spencer Webb died on July 13, 2022, after hitting his head in a cliff-diving accident near Triangle Lake, Oregon. He dies at 22. According to a statement released by the Lane County Sheriff's Office, there is no evidence of foul play and his death appears to be accidental. He died due to a brain injury. He hit his head at the lake, which is well-known for its cliff leaping and natural rock waterslides, and was rendered dead, according to reports.
Where was Spencer Webb From?
Spencer Webb took birth on 7th April 2000. He was from Oregon, the USA. He grew up in Dixon, California. He held American nationality and his ethnicity was American-White. He came from a broken family. He was raised by his aunt, uncle, and grandparents. His older brother Cody eventually became his legal guardian. His older brother gained legal guardianship of Spencer when Spencer was 13 and Cody 29. They both had not shared any details about their parents. He was athletic from a young age and excelled in swimming, basketball, and football before schools began acknowledging his promise on the football field. He attended Christian Brothers High School in Sacramento, California, where he played football and finished with 61 catches for 1,063 yards and 23 touchdowns. He was a first-team all-state selection as a senior and was named to the all-metro team by The Sacramento Bee. He was a consensus four-star recruit and was rated the number one tight end in California by both 247Sports and ESPN.
Spencer Webb Career Timeline
- After high school, Webb committed to the University of Oregon.
- During his freshman season in 2018, he appeared in two games as a redshirt.
- The first match of his 2019 season was against Auburn in the season-opener where he caught his first career pass, a 20-yard touchdown from quarterback Justin Herbert. He finished the game with three catches for 28 yards.
- On 19th October, against the number 25 ranked Washington Huskies, he caught a 12-yard touchdown in the opening drive and finished with two catches for 31 yards.
- He caught three passes for first downs and finished with 42 receiving yards the following week against the Washington State Cougars.
- On 16th November, he caught his third touchdown of the season against Arizona.
- He finished his 2019 season with 18 catches for 209 yards and three scores, being one of only five Power Five freshmen tight ends to score at least three times.
- He caught at least one pass in nine out of the 14 games and helped the Ducks compile a 12–2 record.
- He was injured in the 2020 fall camp, resulting in him playing only one game during his 2020 season. His only time was on the field came against USC in the 2020 Pac-12 Conference Championship Game, as the Ducks won their second consecutive conference title.
- In the year 2021, head coach Mario Cristobal said that "Losing [Webb] last year was something that really hurt us offensively."
- In his sophomore season in 2021, he appeared in all of the Ducks' 14 games and recorded 13 receptions for 87 yards and one touchdown.
- He appeared on a total of 280 snaps (276 offense, four special teams), and made two tackles on special teams.
- He started in the season opener against Fresno State on September 4 and recorded a season-high three receptions for seven yards.
- He helped the Ducks pull off a historic upset over the Ohio State Buckeyes making two catches for 32 yards, including one catch that was a 30-yard gain.
- Playing against Arizona on September 25, he made his fourth career touchdown catch in the fourth quarter on a pass from quarterback Anthony Brown.
- He next appeared in Oregon's Alamo Bowl loss against the Oklahoma Sooners, which was the final game of his career, starting at tight end and making one reception for six yards.
- During his four seasons at the University of Oregon, he made 31 catches for 296 yards and scored four touchdowns.
Who is Spencer Webb's Girlfriend?
Spencer Webb was an unmarried man but he was in a relationship at the time of his demise. He was dating his beautiful girlfriend whose name goes by Kelly Kay. Kelly was pregnant with their baby. She announced her pregnancy on Instagram. Kelly wrote, “We produced an angel. Being a father was all you’ve ever wanted… I’m confident that you’ll be the best angel.” She further added that she can’t believe what she would have done without him, but the knowledge that she will always have a piece of him keeps her going. Kelly is eager and super excited to meet the person who is a hybrid of the two of them. She concluded, “I will always love both of you.” Kelly Kay Green is an Instagram influencer by profession. She and Webb had only just gone public with their relationship shortly before he died. She published a memorial to her late partner just three days after she shared the picture of them together. “My life’s love, my best buddy, and my twin flame. Nothing has ever brought me as much joy as you do. You were my entire world. You’ve given me motivation,” she said.
How much was Spencer Webb's Net Worth?
Spencer Webb was an American footballer whose net worth was estimated to have $1.5 Million at the time of his death. His source of wealth was from American football career. He was making his salary in thousands of dollars playing for the Oregon Ducks. He was living a cool lifestyle prior to his demise.
How tall was Spencer Webb?
Spencer Webb was a handsome footballer with the perfect height of 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m). His body weight was 105 KG. His hair color was brown and his eye color was also brown.
Trivias About Spencer Webb You Need To Know.
- He was the only tight end signed to Oregon in 2018.
- His older brother, Cody and his wife raised Spencer as if he was their only son.
- Aries was his zodiac sign.
- He played 14 games for the Oregon Football Team in his 4th year.
- He was named to the PFF PAC-12 Team of the Week in 2019.
- He was ranked the 254th prospect by ESPN300, the number 6 tight end overall, and one of the top 30 recruits from California.