Stephen Amell - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Children, Brother, Family, Parents, Nationality, Facts, Age, Wiki, Height, WWE, Career, Awards, Movies
A Canadian film and TV actor, Stephen Amell is known for his roles in films like ‘Closing the Ring’, ‘Stay with Me’, and ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows’. He rose fame after he appeared in the TV series named Arrow, for which he earned four awards as well. Similarly, He is also a wrestler and did a television program on wrestling, where he confronted Stardust. Also, he loves getting involved in social activities and helps charities by fundraising for them. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Stephen Amell famous for?
- A Canadian actor and producer.
- His playing role as Oliver Queen / Green Arrow on The CW superhero series Arrow since 2012.
Where does Stephen Amell live?
Recalling his early life, Stephen was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to his parents in the year 1981. Currently, he aged 39 years old. His parents are Thomas J. Amell and Sandra Anne Bolte. However, his parent's profession is yet to be disclosed. Similarly, he is of Canadian nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Further, his birth sign is Taurus.
For education, he attended St. Andrew's College. Information about his further education is not available at present.
When did Stephen Amell begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Stephen started his career in 2004 through the 4 episodes of the TV series 'Queer as Folk' as the Liberty Ride spinning instructor.
- He portrayed Adam in the first season of a television series ‘Dante's Cove’ in 2005. It is an American LGBT-oriented supernatural soap opera, which continued till 2007.
- After that, He did two films named ‘The Tracey Fragments’, where he played the role of a detective; and ‘Closing the Ring’, where he portrayed Teddy Gordon in 2007.
- The same year, He made a guest appearance in ‘ReGenesis,’ a television series, for which he bagged a Gemini Award. Also that same year, he was nominated for the Gemini Award in the Best Ensemble Cast Category for ‘Rent-a-Goalie’, a comedy television series.
- In 2010, He portrayed recurring roles in the comedy TV series ‘Da Kink in My Hair’, and ‘Heartland’, a family drama.
- In the same year, He joined ‘The Vampire Diaries’, an American supernatural television series, where he portrayed Brady. He also portrayed Travis in ‘Blue Mountain State’, a comedy series.
- In 2011, He appeared as Joran van der Sloot in a television film ‘Justice for Natalee Holloway’. The same year, he starred in HBO's series, ‘Hung’, where he played Jason, a busboy-turned-prostitute. He also portrayed Jim in the fourth season of ‘90210’ in 2011.
- He also filmed the Christmas episode of ‘New Girl’, a television series. The same year, he did the short film ‘Stay with me’ as well, where he portrayed Travis.
- In 2012, he played the recurring role of Scott Becker in ‘Private Practice’.
- He was then cast as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in an American action crime television series ‘Arrow’, for which he won a Best Ever TV Award 2015 for Best Couple and Steamiest Moment and MTV Fandom Award in the category Ship of the Year.
- In 2015, he did ‘Reelside’, a Canadian documentary television series.
- In 2016, he did two films, ‘Code 6’ and an action-adventure film ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows’, and won CinemaCon Award for Male Star of Tomorrow for portraying Casey Jones in the latter.
- In 2017, He took part in the directorial debut of former Heartland co-star Michelle Morgan, a short film entitled Mi Madre, My Father, playing the estranged father of a six-year-old girl. The film premiered at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival.
- In March 2019, He announced the end of Arrow with its eighth and final season set to air in late 2019.
- His first post-Arrow project was announced the following August: Heels, a Starz drama series set in the world of independent professional wrestling.
- Besides these, he made his first WWE appearance on the May 25th, 2015 episode of Raw, where he had a confrontation with Stardust.
- At the event on August 23rd, 2015, He and Neville defeated Barrett and Stardust in a tag team match. He participated in the wrestling, and, behind the scenes, wrestlers were said to have been impressed with Amell's performance.
- On December 21st, 2015, He was awarded a Slammy for the "Celebrity Moment of the Year" for his dive onto Stardust during the match.
- He later returned to professional wrestling for Ring of Honor on November 17th, 2017, at Survival of the Fittest.
- Then, he joined the Bullet Club faction and teamed with Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, and The Young Bucks in a five-on-four tag team match. They defeated The Addiction, Flip Gordon, and Scorpio Sky, and he again participated in the wrestling, including being put through a table by The Addiction.
- On August 6th, 2018, he competing at All In, in his first-ever singles match, where he was defeated by Christopher Daniels.
Who is Stephen Amell married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Stephen was married twice to date. Firstly, he was married to Canadian Carolyn Lawrence in Toronto. The couple married on 08th December 2007. However, the couple divorced in 2010.
After that, he married his second wife, Cassandra Jean on December 25th, 2012. The couple married in a private ceremony in the Caribbean and again married on 26th May 2013 in New Orleans. Together, the couple blessed a daughter, Maverick Alexandra Jean Amell in 2013. Presently, the couple lives blissfully.
How much is Stephen Amell's worth?
Being an actor and producer, Stephen has a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth $7 million at present.
Also, he has hosted several successful fundraising campaigns via the crowd-funded merchandise platform Represent.com. He donated $35,000 for completing all six obstacles, and an extra obstacle, the Salmon Ladder.
How tall is Stephen Amell?
Observing his body statistics, Stephen stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and he weighs around 82 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of blue eyes and light brown hair color. Further, he has an athletic body with a 46 inches chest, 34 inches waist and 16 inches biceps size.
Trivias About Stephen Amell You Need To Know.
- In 2007, he won a Gemini Award in the category of “Best Performance by an Actor in a Guest Role Dramatic Series” for ReGenesis.
- He lent his voice to a 2013 video game Injustice: Gods Among Us to the character Green Arrow.
- He has become a skilled archer now.