Steve-O - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Wife, Girlfriend, Books, Awards, Salary, Nationality, Family, Height, Weight, Parents, Facts, Wiki, Career
Stephen Gilchrist Glover shortly named Steve-O is a British-American television personality, stunt performer, comedian, as well as an entertainer. He is best known for his performance stunts on the American television series "Jackass" (2000-2002) and its related movies, including "Jackass: The Movie" (2002), "Jackass Number Two" (2006), and "Jackass 3D" (2010), as well as its spin-off series "Wildboyz" (2003-2006). He has also done regular stand-up tours all around the world. He has also written his autobiography, "Professional Idiot: A Memoir" along with David Peisner. He has also released several DVDs of his antics, such as "Don't Try This At Home-The Steve-O Video Vol. 1", "XYZ: Decade of Destruction", and "Pinnernation". He released a mixtape in 2008, titled "The Dumbest Asshole in Hip Hop". The album contained 11 singles and a bonus DVD. In the year 2014, he was seen as a contestant on the show "The Jump" but he was eliminated as the ninth contestant on the show. He has been in trouble with the law several times when he was arrested for possession of cocaine in 2008. Furthermore, he has been suicidal, which later led to an intense drug abuse issue. He hаѕ bееn nоmіnаtеd fоr twо МТV Моvіе Аwаrdѕ. Оnсе іn 2003, іn thе саtеgоrу оf Веѕt Оn-Ѕсrееn Теаm fоr Јасkаѕѕ: Тhе Моvіе. Аnd оnсе mоrе fоr Веѕt Јаw-Drорріng Моmеnt іn Јасkаѕѕ 3D.
Steve-O is preparing for "Jackass 4" by getting Paralyzed
Jackass star Steve-O has revealed that he convinced a doctor to paralyze him from the waist down for a stunt in "Jackass 4". The upcoming film will mark the first big-screen outing for the Jackass team since 2013’s "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa", with the star due to reunite with the likes of Johnny Knoxville and Jason Acuna. In a new clip on his YouTube channel, he revealed one particularly extreme stunt that he filmed for the movie, sharing a snippet of the moment. "I might have actually talked a doctor into dressing up as a clown so that he could put a four-inch needle into my spine and inject me with a drug that would paralyze me from the waist down while I was sprinting and before all kinds of terrible shit happened to me," the stunt performer said. "Jackass 4" is due out on October 22.
- Being a television personality, stunt performer, comedian, and entertainer.
- For his dangerous stunts on the "Jackass" reality television series, which later led to several films as well.
- For starring on "Wildboyz" from 2004 to 2007.
- For appearing on the 2009 season of "Dancing with the Stars", where he finished 8th.
What is the Nationality of Steve-O?
On 13th June 1974, Steve-O was born in Wimbledon, London, the UK. His birth name or real name is Stephen Gilchrist Glover which was given by his family at the time of his birth. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed of British, Canadian, and American. However, his race is White. About his parents, he was born to his father, Richard Edward 'Ted' Glover, and his mother, Donna Gay Glover. His mother was of a Canadian accent and his father is of half-English and half-American. He reveals that his mother suffered an aneurysm on October 10, 1998, which was before his rise to fame. He stated that she suffered major cognitive and physical disability as a result of the aneurysm, and eventually died in 2003. His father is still alive and proud of his success. His parents were divorced. His father served as the president of Pepsi-Cola in South America. His maternal step-grandfather was voice-over announcer Wayne Howell. When he was a child, his family moved from Brazil, Brazil to Venezuela, Venezuela to Connecticut, Connecticut to Miami, Miami to Toronto and Ontario, and finally to England learning several languages; Portuguese, Spanish, and more. His Zodiac sign is Gemini and his religion is Christian. His present age is 46 and he will be turning to 47 as of 2021.
Focusing on his education, he attended all four years of high school at the American School in London until he graduated. He attended the University of Miami to study with the School of Communications but dropped out after one year due to poor grades and acts of disobedience in school. Later, he attended the University of New Mexico from 1996 to 1997 and graduated from the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Clown College in 1997.
How was the Career of Steve-O?
- Starting Steve-O's career, he began sending videos of himself to "Big Brother" magazine editor and future "Jackass" director Jeff Tremaine. He then worked on MTV's television series "Jackass", which became a hit.
- After then, he appeared in Jackass: The Movie (2002), Jackass Number Two (2006), direct-home release Jackass 2.5 (2007), Jackass 3D (2010), and Jackass 3.5. The installments Jackass: The Movie, Jackass Number Two, Jackass 3D, and Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa all became box office hits.
- He released "Don't Try This at Home" on DVD, which contained material MTV censored in the year 2001, and also he also toured promoting the DVD doing stunts, which was filmed and released as "Don't Try This at Home Volume 2: The Tour".
- He was arrested and jailed while in Sweden due to footage of him swallowing a condom containing cannabis to get it past authorities while flying on a plane on 22nd May 2003. He was released on 27th May 2003 after paying a fine of 45,000 kronor. The Swedish arrest was included in the third installment of the DVD series titled "Steve-O: Out on Bail".
- After then, he co-starred with Chris Pontius on MTV's "Wildboyz" which lasted four seasons until 2006.
- He became a late contestant on the British reality show "Love Island" broadcast on ITV from Fiji in an effort to boost ratings on 18th July 2006. He abruptly left "Love Island" on 19th July 2006 because he was not allowed the beer which he had requested.
- He also starred in his own television show called "Dr. Steve-O" on the USA Network in the year 2007.
- He appeared in Jackass 2.5, which mainly consisted of material that did not appear in the second Jackass movie in 2007.
- Moreover, he appeared with some Jackass alumni in "National Lampoon's TV: The Movie".
- Later, he appeared on "The Howard Stern Show" on 25th February 2008 on Sirius Satellite radio to promote his upcoming rap album "Hard As a Rock". Another mix-CD released by Steve-O is called "The Dumbest Asshole in Hip Hop".
- He joined the rest of the Jackass crew for the "Jackass MTV 24 Hour Takeover" on 23rd February 2008.
- On 9th March 2008, after receiving an e-mail from Steve-O that suggested his possible suicide, his friends, including co-star Johnny Knoxville, became concerned he was a danger to himself and consulted with physician Dr. Drew Pinsky, who told them to get Steve-O to a hospital immediately and he was placed on a 72-hour psychiatric hold which was later lengthened to 14 days due to an alleged suicide attempt.
- In a mass e-mail addressed to his friends, he expressed that he previously had thought of his drug use and bipolarity as a "good thing", but that he now realizes that his drug use was apparently hurting those he loved most. He pleaded guilty to felony possession of cocaine on 4th June 2008.
- He returned to the mental institution, he said, because "I've had horrible mood swings and severe depression. My brain is fucked up from using so much cocaine, ketamine, PCP, nitrous oxide, and all sorts of other drugs."
- He was on the 8th season of Dancing with the Stars as of March 2009 pairing with his partner, Lacey Schwimmer. He was eventually eliminated in the sixth week of the competition.
- MTV premiered a documentary titled "Steve-O: Demise and Rise" on 3rd May 2009. The documentary is about how his life was affected by the use of drugs and alcohol.
- He announced in January 2009 on his website about the release of a new DVD titled "Steve-O: Pounding Out Randoms", of which only 1000 copies have been made.
- He was part of "Jackass 3D", the third installment of the Jackass series, released in October 2010 and the movie broke box office records.
- In promoting the movie, he appeared on "The Howard Stern Show", lighting himself on fire.
- He began touring the United States performing stand-up comedy on what he called "Steve-O's Entirely Too Much Information Tour" in November 2010.
- What's more, he also appeared in "Jackass 3.5", which was released in April 2011.
- He was arrested by Canadian authorities at Calgary airport on 27th March 2011. He was accused of assault with a weapon and released after paying a caution of $10,000.
- He released an autobiography entitled "Professional Idiot: A Memoir", co-written with David Peisner in June 2011.
- During a taping of the Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen on 13th September 2011, he joked, "The last time this many nobodies were at a roast, at least Great White was playing". Later, he apologized for the comment and requested that it be removed from the broadcast of the roast.
- It was announced on 3rd October 2011, that he would be hosting truTV's new reality game show "Killer Karaoke", the American version of the British competition show "Sing If You Can". The show first aired at 9 p.m. EST on 23rd November 2012.
- He regularly started uploading on his YouTube channel of the same name and other channels since 2013 and his main channel "SteveO" has amassed over 5 million subscribers as of September 2019.
- He narrated a short video titled "What Came Before, featuring Steve-O: The Truth About Meat and Modern Farms" in the year 2014.
- He was the ninth contestant who left the second series of the TV show "The Jump".
- He then climbed a construction crane in Los Angeles in a protest against SeaWorld on 9th August 2015. He was convicted of two misdemeanors and sentenced to 30 days of jail time and 36 months of probation for the protest. Then, he was released from jail after serving just eight hours in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility.
- He released his first stand-up comedy special, "Guilty as Charged" in the year 2016.
- He discusses his work in the 12 step program, especially to address a sex addiction on the 2nd September 2020 episode 261 of the "TigerBelly".
- Most recently, Steve-O appeared on the Venn Network with host Sasha Grey on her show "Grey Area" as of August 2020.
Who is Steve-O married to?
Married and Divorced man, Steve-O has been married two times till now but he is engaged as of now. His first wife's name was Candy-Jane Tucker with whom he married from 2002 until 2003. He then married his second spouse, Brittany McGraw from 2006 until 2008. He also dated Kat Von D from 2015 until 2016. On 21st January 2019, both Steve-O and his girlfriend, stylist, and designer, Lux Wright shared on Instagram that they'd been engaged for a year. The couple is enjoying their life happily as of today. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
In July, he received PETA's Nanci Alexander award for his "voice against cruelty." He told US Weekly in November 2012 that he credited his two rescue dogs, Walter and Bernie, with helping him to maintain nearly five years of sobriety.
What is Steve-O's Net Worth?
Steve-O is a very talented man who has a large number of followers. Аѕ оf 2021, Ѕtеvе-О's net worth is estimated to have $3 mіllіоn. A lot of his fortune came frоm hіѕ арреаrаnсеѕ іn Јасkаѕѕ аnd іtѕ vаrіоuѕ ѕріn-оffѕ. His main source of wealth comes from his entertainment career. Whereas his exact salary has not been disclosed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a cool amount of money. He also became the spokesperson for the Sneaux brand of footwear in mid-2005. Television commercials promoting the shoe company include such acts as Steve-O jumping into the garbage, getting his foot bitten by an alligator (simulated), and drinking rotten milk. His slogan is "They're darn good shoes."
How tall is Steve-O?
Steve-O is a very cool man standing tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 10 in or 1.77 m. Additionally, his body weight consists of 75 Kg or 165 lbs. His body type is slim. On 9th March 2018, he marked 10 years of sobriety. He is now a vegan for both health and compassionate reasons. He has stated that he follows only a strict vegan diet and is one of the many celebrities that got involved in the NOH8 project. His hair color is black and his eye color is brown. He has inked a lot of tattoos on his body.
Trivias About Steve-O You Need To Know.
- Steve-O is worldwide famed for his performance stunts on the American television series "Jackass" (2000-2002) and its related movies, including "Jackass: The Movie" (2002), "Jackass Number Two" (2006), and "Jackass 3D" (2010), and its spin-off series "Wildboyz" (2003-2006).
- He has also done regular stand-up tours all around the world.
- He has also written his autobiography, "Professional Idiot: A Memoir" along with David Peisner.
- He released a mixtape in 2008, titled "The Dumbest Asshole in Hip Hop". The album contained 11 singles and a bonus DVD.
- In the year 2014, he was seen as a contestant on the show "The Jump" but he was eliminated as the ninth contestant on the show.