Steven Tyler - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Nationality, Parents, Awards, Facts, Height, Albums, Band, Career, Tour, Shows, Life Story
Steven Victor Tallarico, excellently known as Steven Tyler is an American singer, songwriter, musician, actor, and former television personality. He is well recognized for being the lead singer of the Boston-based rock band Aerosmith, in which he also plays the harmonica, piano, and percussion. He loved playing music from an early age and there was no doubt in his mind about his future career choice. He was raised by a classical musician and a secretary and began his musical career as a drummer. Aerosmith's signature hit "Dream On" was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for being one of the most influential songs in the development of rock. He is known as the "Demon of Screamin'" due to his high screams and his wide vocal range and he is also known for his on-stage acrobatics. Tyler is also active in social media as he has gained more than 2.4m followers on his Instagram account and over 1.6m followers on his Twitter account. He also has a self-titled Youtube channel where he has earned over 113K subscribers.
- Being an American singer, songwriter, musician, actor, and former television personality.
- For being the lead singer of the Boston-based rock band Aerosmith.
Where is Steven Tyler from?
Steven Tyler was born on 26th March 1948 with the real name of Steven Victor Tallarico in Manhattan, New York City, the U.S. He holds American nationality and he came from a mixed ethnic background as he is of Italian, German, Polish, English, African-American as well as distant Welsh descent. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Tyler has celebrated his 73rd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aries. He is the son of Susan Ray (mother; 2nd June 1925 to 4th July 2008), a secretary, and Victor A. Tallarico (father; 14th May 1916 to 10th September 2011), a classical musician and pianist who taught music at Cardinal Spellman High School in The Bronx. Tyler also has an older sister named Lynda.
Talking about Steven's education, he enrolled in Roosevelt High School in Yonkers in New York. He later went to Quintano’s School for Young Professionals and graduated from there. He acquired an honorary degree from Berklee College Of Music in Boston in June 2003.
How was the Career of Steven Tyler?
- Steven Tyler kicks off his career writing what would become one of Aerosmith's signature songs, "Dream On" after which he, Perry, and Hamilton decided to form a band in 1970 and the band began working with New York managers Steve Leber and David Krebs.
- In 1972, they subsequently signed a record deal with Columbia Records and released their eponymous debut album in 1973 which was followed by their second album, "Get Your Wings" in 1974.
- They achieved their first top-40 hit in "Sweet Emotion" in 1975 launched their fifth album, "Draw the Line".
- Tyler made his acting debut as the leader of the Future Villain Band in the film "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" in 1978 after which he formed a writing partnership with Crespo, co-writing and producing the album "Rock in a Hard Place" (1982).
- In 1986, the band held a meeting in which the band members staged an intervention on Steven, and persuaded him to enter a drug rehabilitation program. After he completed rehabilitation, his bandmates did likewise; all had completed treatment by the mid-1980s.
- Aerosmith released "Permanent Vacation" in 1987 and recorded one of the first episodes of "MTV Unplugged".
- Aerosmith was one of the first bands to be featured on "The Simpsons" in 1991 and signed a $30 million record deal with their old label Columbia, for which they would begin recording the following year.
- The band eventually began recording again and released "Get a Grip" in 1993 and after the 18-month Get a Grip Tour ended in December 1994, the band took a break in 1995 to spend time with their families.
- Later they released "Nine Lives" in 1997 as well as the band released the album "Just Push Play", which featured the top-10 hit "Jaded".
- Aerosmith's two-hour-long "Behind the Music" was released in 2002, chronicling the band's tumultuous history and current activities and touring as well as released the blues cover album "Honkin' on Bobo" in 2004.
- Tyler sang lead vocals on Santana's hit single "Just Feel Better" and made a cameo appearance in the film "Be Cool" in 2005.
- Aerosmith's compilation "Devil's Got a New Disguise" was released whereas, on 10th November 2009, Joe Perry confirmed Tyler had quit Aerosmith to pursue a solo career and was unsure whether the move was indefinite.
- "Rolling Stone" reported on 22nd December 2009 that Tyler had checked into rehab for pain management.
- Fox confirmed on 22nd September 2010 that Steven would replace Simon Cowell as a judge for the tenth season of "American Idol" and made his debut appearance as a judge on "American Idol" during the premiere of the show's 10th season o 19th January 2011.
- He released his autobiography "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" on 3rd May 2011.
- Tyler sang the National Anthem at the AFC Championship Game on 22nd January 2012 and Aerosmith's new album, Music from Another Dimension! was set for release on 6th November 2012 and the band debuted their new single "Legendary Child".
- On 6th November the new Aerosmith album "Music from Another Dimension!" was released, and on 8th November the band started the second leg of their Global Warming Tour, which took the band to 14 North American cities through 13th December.
- From 17th May to 28th June 2014, Steven performed 15 shows with Aerosmith on the European leg of the Global Warming Tour.
- Tyler stated on 31st March 2015 that he was working on his first solo country album and it was announced on 6th April that he signed a record deal with Scott Borchetta's Dot Records.
- He completed work on his solo album, "We're All Somebody from Somewhere" and appeared with Aerosmith on NBC's Today show to announce a residency in Las Vegas called "Aerosmith: Deuces are Wild" on 15th August. The band was booked to play 50 shows from April 2019 thru June 2020 at the Park Theater.
Awards and Achievements
- ASCAP Pop Music Awards for his work in "Jaded"
- American Music Awards for his work in Aerosmith
- BMI Pop Awards for his work in "Jaded"
- Billboard Music Awards for his work in "Jaded"
- Boston Music Awards for his work in Aerosmith
- GAFFA Awards for his work in Aerosmith
- People's Choice Awards for his work in Aerosmith
- Soul Train Music Awards for his work in "Walk This Way"
- Teen Choice Awards for his work in "Jaded"
Who is Steven Tyler Wife?
Steven Tyler is a married man. He married Cyrinda Foxe, an ex-Warhol model in 1978 with whom he divorced in 1987; in 1997, she published "Dream On: Livin' on the Edge With Steven Tyler and Aerosmith", a memoir of her life with Tyler. Foxe died from brain cancer in 2002. On 28th May 1988, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tyler married clothing designer Teresa Barrick with whom he is blessed with a daughter, Chelsea, in 1989 and a son, Taj, in 1991. The couple announced in February 2005 that they were separating due to personal problems. The divorce was finalized in January 2006. Then Steven started a relationship with Erin Brady in 2006. They got engaged in December 2011. In January 2013, Tyler and Brady broke off their engagement.
Furthermore, talking about Steven's sexual orientation, he is straight. In his 2011 memoir "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?", Tyler wrote, "I've been misquoted as saying that I'm more female than male. Let me set the record straight -- it's more half and half, and I love the fact that my feelings are akin to puella eternis (Latin for "the eternal girl"). What better to be like than the stronger of the species?"
What is the Net Worth of Steven Tyler?
Steven Tyler is a versatile man who has a net worth of $130 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $10 million per season. He has also endorsed or promoted several brands including appearing in a KIA Motors commercial that aired during the Super Bowl in 2018. Steven has gained a handsome amount of money from his profession as his major source of income is from his singer, songwriter, musician, actor, and former television personality career.
How tall is Steven Tyler?
Steven Tyler is 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm tall and his body weighs around 67 kg or 147.5 lbs. He has good-looking long dark brown hair and eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is average. In a September 2006 interview with Access Hollywood, Tyler revealed that he had been suffering from hepatitis C for the past 11 years. He was diagnosed with the disease in 2003 and had undergone extensive treatment from 2003 to 2006, including 11 months of interferon therapy, which he said was "agony".
Trivias About Steven Tyler You Need To Know.
- He was raised by a classical musician and a secretary and began his musical career as a drummer.
- Aerosmith's signature hit "Dream On" was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for being one of the most influential songs in the development of rock.
- He's played with Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, and Joey Kramer as part of Aerosmith.
- When he was a teenager, he used to work in a bakery to make some extra income.
- Tyler has frequently performed with a long, colorful scarf tied to his microphone stand.