Timothee Chalamet Bio, Net Worth, Nationality, Dating, Affair, Girlfriend, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Father, Parents, Awards, Height, Gay, Sister
Timothée Chalamet is a French-American entertainer. He got his first Academy Awards selection for the job of a gay young person in a transitioning show Call Me by Your Name. He started his acting profession since his initial youth where he used to have a little impact in motion pictures and advertisements. Individuals remembered him after his job in a scene of Law and Order arrangement. Let's know more about him and his affairs through this article.
What is Timothee Chalamet famous for?
- A French-American actor and entertainer.
- His feature film debut in the drama Men, Women & Children and Christopher Nolan's science-fiction film Interstellar.
When was Timothee Chalamet born?
Recalling his early life, Chalamet was born in Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan to Nicole Flender, a real estate broker and former Broadway dancer, and Marc Chalamet, an editor for UNICEF. He has an older sister named Pauline who is a French actor and lives in Paris. He is half-French from his father's side and half-American Jewish from his mother's side. He is French-American by nationality and his birth sign is Capricorn.
Where is Timothee Chalamet go for education?
Concerning his education, Chalamet attended Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. Later, he enrolled at Columbia University following the advice of Claire Danes and was transferred to NYU Gallatin School of Individualized Study after a year.
When did Timothee Chalamet begin to start acting?
- Moving towards his career, Chalamet began his acting career as a child artist appearing in several commercials and also acted in the two horror short films, Sweet Tooth, and Clown in 2008.
- In 2009, he made his television debut playing murder victim Eric Foley in the episode Pledge of the long-running television series Law & Order followed by a minor role in the made-for-television film Loving Leah.
- He made his stage debut in 2011, playing 12 years old sexually curious boy Nicholas in the Off-Broadway play The Talls which is a coming-of-age comedy set in the 1970s. His excellent acting in the play was praised by the chief theatre critic of New York Daily News.
- In 2012, he bagged two recurring roles: playing Luke in the drama series Royal Pains and Finn Walden in the spy-thriller series Homeland. For the latter, he shared a nomination for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series with the rest of the cast.
- He made his feature film debut with a small role in the Jason Reitman-directed drama film Men, Women & Children, which was a critical and commercial failure. The same year, he received positive reviews for playing the younger version of Sam, the co-lead in the comedy film Worst Friends, which had limited theatrical release.
- However, his biggest role that year was portraying younger Tom Cooper, the son of the lead character played by Matthew McConaughey, in Christopher Nolan's blockbuster sci-fi movie Interstellar. The film was a huge success at the box office and also received praise from critics for exceptional performance from the cast.
- In Andrew Droz Palermo's 2015 fantasy-thriller One & Two, he played one of the leads, 16-year-old Zac who, along with his sister Eva, discovers supernatural abilities when their mother fell ill.
- Later that year, he portrayed the younger version of Stephen Elliott, the character played by James Franco, in Pamela Romanowsky's crime thriller The Adderall Diaries, and Charlie Cooper in the Christmas comedy Love the Coopers.
- He returned to stage in February 2016 after being handpicked by playwright and director John Patrick Shanley and producer Scott Rudin to play Jim Quinn in the autobiographical play Prodigal Son at Manhattan Theatre Club. His portrayal of a young Shanley, a misfit Bronx kid in a prestigious New Hampshire prep school set in 1963, earned rave reviews from critics and won him many awards and nominations.
- In 2016, he played the troubled student Billy opposite Lily Rabe in the independent film Miss Stevens. His breakthrough role was starring as Elio Perlman, a 17-year-old Italian boy in the 1980s who falls in love with his father's assistant Oliver, in the 2017 coming-of-age drama film Call Me by Your Name.
- Later in 2017, he received positive reviews for portraying Daniel Middleton in the film Hot Summer Nights and Kyle Scheible in Greta Gerwig's critically acclaimed solo directorial debut, Lady Bird. The same year, he appeared alongside Christian Bale as soldier Philippe DeJardin in Scott Cooper's Hostiles.
- In 2018, he will portray methamphetamine addicted boy Nic Sheff in the upcoming drama film Beautiful Boy based on the memoir of the same name by David Sheff. He is also slated to co-star with Selena Gomez in the Woody Allen film A Rainy Day in New York and would play Henry V of England in David Michôd's film The King.
- In 2019, He appeared as the main character Paul Atreides in Denis Villeneuve's adaptation of the science fiction novel Dune and Wes Anderson's ensemble drama The French Dispatch. He will make his West End theatre debut in April 2020, in Amy Herzog's play 4000 Miles, co-starring Eileen Atkins.
Who is Timothee Chalamet dating now?
Reflecting on his personal life, Chalamet has a romantic relationship with Lourdes Leo in the past. The duo dated beginning from 2013 until sometime in 2017 when their relationship went sour. They met in New York City while attending La Guardia High School.
After spending several months out of the relationship, there were rumors that Chalamet and Lily-Rose Depp were in a romantic relationship. They were eventually seen kissing in the rain, indirectly confirming that they have taken their co-star relationship to a romantic level. However, they are yet to openly addressed their relationship status.
How much is Timothee Chalamet worth?
Being an actor, Chalamet earns a decent amount of money and popularity through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry since 2007. Based on online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $6 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed yet.
How tall is Timothee Chalamet?
Observing his body statistics, Chalamet stands a height of 6 feet 1 inches and weighs around 78 Kg. Similarly, He has a pair of greenish-hazel and dark brown eyes. Further, his chest, waist, and biceps sizes are 40-32-14.5 inches respectively.
Did You Know?
- Plays the piano and guitar, the former of which he played for the role of Elio in Call Me by Your Name (2017).
- He is a huge fan of Paul Thomas Anderson, whom he has described as one of his heroes, and has named Punch-Drunk Love (2002) as one of his favorite films.
- he also uses a French passport.