Tom Green - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Wife, Girlfriends, Parents, Family, Brother, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Awards, Cancer, Kids
Michael Thomas Green, popularly known as Tom Green is a Canadian actor, comedian, rapper, and filmmaker. Green started his career as a stand-up comedian and is known for shock comedy. He garnered mainstream recognition after he started his MTV show, The Tom Green which ran from 1994 to 2000. He then hosted The New Tom Green Show in 2003. From 2006 to 2011, he hosted his internet talk show, Tom Green's House Tonight. From 2013 to 2014, he hosted the weekly talk show, Tom Green Live.
Green has starred in several Hollywood movies as well including Road Trip and Charlie's Angels.
What is Tom Green Famous For?
- For his shock comedy.
Where is Tom Green From?
Tom Green was born on 30 July 1971. His birth name is Michael Thomas Green. His birth place is in Pembroke, Ontario in Canada. He holds Canadian nationality. He also holds US citizenship, obtained in February 2019. He was born to a father, Richard Green, and his mother, Mary Jane. He has a younger brother named Joe. His home town is Pembroke and Gloucester, Ontario. He grew up on a Canadian Army base near Pembroke, CFB Petawawa. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Henry Munro Middle School, Colonel By Secondary School, and Cairine Wilson Secondary School. After high school, he attended Algonquin College where he graduated in television broadcasting in 1994.
Tom Green Career
- Tom Green started his career as a stand-up comedian at age 15. He started performing stand-up at local clubs including Yuk Yuk's comedy club.
- He hosted an overnight call-in show on the University of Ottawa's campus radio station, CHUO. The show was titled The Rap Show.
- He then co-hosted The Midnight Caller Show with Glenn Humplik from 1993 to 1996.
- He then started his own television show, The Tom Green Show in 1994.
- It ran from 1994 to 2000. He garnered mainstream recognition after MTV picked it up in 1999.
- He was known for his shock humor. His most notable skits include pretending to "hump" a dead moose (which was referenced by rapper Eminem in "The Real Slim Shady"), having an X-rated lesbian scene painted on his father's car (labeled the "Slut Mobile"), drinking milk by sucking on a cow's teat, and putting a cow head in his parents' bed while they slept because his father was a fan of The Godfather films.
- His show ended in 2000 after he was diagnosed with testicular cancer.
- He wrote, directed, and starred in a one-hour MTV tv special, The Tom Green Cancer Special in May 2000.
- He returned to MTV in 2002 with a one-hour MTV special, The Tom Green Subway Monkey Hour.
- He started his own production company, Bob Green Films in 2002.
- He served as a guest host on Late Show with David Letterman in 2003.
- He started his own late-night MTV talk show, The New Tom Green Show in 2003. It was later canceled due to low ratings.
- He was a regular contributor to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- He was a comedy correspondent for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno during the 2006 Winter Olympic Games.
- He has hosted a variety of special events, including the 2005 Canada's Walk of Fame induction ceremony, the Canadian Live 8 concert, and the 2005 CASBY Awards.
- He started his internet talk show, Tom Green's House Tonight from his living room in 2006. The show ran until 2011.
- He hosted an environmental game show on Discovery Planet Green titled Go For The Green in 2008.
- He has made several appearances as a celebrity contestant on the ABC reality game show, Wanna Bet?
- He was a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice in 2009.
- He was a judge on the first two seasons of the dating show, For the Love of Ray J.
- He started broadcasting from a studio in Los Angeles through the live streaming service on his YouTube channel in 2015.
- He did audio podcast Tom Green Radio for his website in 2013. It was downloadable on iTunes and tomgreen.com.
- He hosted the weekly talk show, Tom Green Live on AXS TV from 2013 to 2014.
- Besides comedy shows, Green is also an actor who has starred in numerous films.
- He has starred in several Hollywood films, most notably in Road Trip, Charlie's Angels, Freddy Got Fingered, Stealing Harvard, and Shred among others.
- Green-written and directed movie Freddy Got Fingered won five awards at the 2001 Golden Rasberry Awards. He became the first performer to appear in the award's twenty-year history.
- He wrote, directed, and starred in the independent film, Prankstar.
- He was won several Stinkers Bad Movie Awards for Worst Actor.
- He released his autobiography, Hollywood Causes Cancer: The Tom Green Story in October 2004. The book chronicles his Hollywood career, short-lived marriage to Drew Barrymore, and his experience dealing with testicular cancer.
- He writes columns for The Huffington Post.
Who is Tom Green Wife?
Tom Green has been married only once. He was married to actress Drew Barrymore. They were married from July 2001 until their divorce in October 2002. He does not have children. He later dated actress, Kimberly Burke in the early 2010s. He was later romantically linked with several celebrities.
He lived in Los Angeles before returning to Canada in 2021.
He was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2000. He successfully recovered from cancer. He started the "Tom Green's Nuts Cancer Fund" to raise money for cancer research.
How Tall is Tom Green?
Tom Green stands at the height of 1.9 m i.e. 6 feet and 3 inches tall. He has a body weight of 192 lbs i.e. 87 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Tom Green Net Worth?
Tom Green earns from his career in the entertainment industry. He started his career as a stand-up comedian and later hosted several popular talk shows. He has starred in numerous movies and television shows as well. He appeared in several commercials for the Canadian Cable Public Affairs Channel in 2006. He released a milk stout beer by Beau's All Natural Brewing Company in 2012. It was named Tom Green Beer. Summing up, the majority of his income comes from his comedy career. His net worth is estimated at $5 million.
Trivias About Tom Green You Need To Know.
- He became a United States citizen on 21 February 2019.
- His official website @ www.tomgreen.com.
- He was one of the contestants in The Celebrity Apprentice (2009).
- He published his autobiography "Hollywood Causes Cancer: The Tom Green Story" in 2004.
- In 2002, he created his own a production company called "Bob Green Films"
- Other than English, he is also fluent in French.
- He has 2 female dogs, Steve and Annie.
- He has a Parrot named Rex Murphy, presumably named after Canadian TV commentator, Rex Murphy.
- Member of Sigma Pi fraternity.
- He was a part of a hip-hop group called Organized Rhyme.
- His father is a computer systems analyst and retired army captain.
- His mother is a communications consultant.
- He briefly pursued rap career and was a member of the group, Organized Rhyme under the alias "MC Bones".
- He released Not The Green Tom Show as MC Face in 1998.
- He was featured on the cover of the June 2000 issue of Rolling Stone magazine.
- He spoke in front of thousands of students at the University of Florida and sang a song titled "Feel Your Balls" to help educate others about testicular cancer.
- He appeared on America's Got Talent in 2003.
- He received mainstream attention from CNN in 2011 and various sources for his claims that he invented planking in 1994.
- A video montage that features Green screaming "Unleash the Fury" has been used at Washington Capitals hockey games since 2007.
- He was evicted by a 4-0 vote in the second American season of the reality show competition, Celebrity Big Brother in 2019.