Ty Gibbs - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Parents, Family, Career, Height, Wiki
Ty Gibbs is an American professional stock car racing driver who competes full-time in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, driving the No. 54 Toyota Supra for Joe Gibbs Racing, and part-time in the NASCAR Cup Series, driving the No. 23 Toyota Camry for 23XI Racing. He was the 2021 ARCA Menards Series champion. On January 26, 2021, he made his NASCAR Xfinity Series racing debut and won the race. He made his professional racing debut in 2017.
What is Ty Gibbs Famous For?
- Ty Gibbs is an American-based professional stock car racer.
- He competes in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (full-time) and drives the No. 54 Toyota Supra for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- He is the son of the late former football team assistant coach, and Heather Gibbs, a Charlotte-area realtor.
- He is the grandson of Joe Gibbs, a former NFL coach, and a current NASCAR team owner.
Who are the Parents of Ty Gibbs?
Ty Gibbs was born on October 4, 2002, in Charlotte, North Carolina, in the United States of America. Tyler Randall Gibbs is his birth name. His present age is 20 as of 2022. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. He follows the Christianity religion and his zodiac sign is Libra. He is the son of the late former Washington Commanders assistant coach and former NASCAR driver Coy Gibbs and Charlotte-area realtor, Heather Gibbs. He grew up with his three siblings - Ellie, Case, and Jett. He is the grandson of former Washington Redskins head coach and owner of Joe Gibbs Racing, Joe Gibbs. He is the nephew of the late Joe Gibbs Racing co-owner J. D. Gibbs, as well as the cousin of former Appalachian State University quarterback Jackson Gibbs and tight end Miller Gibbs.
Ty Gibbs's dad, Coy Gibbs dies on 5th November 2022 in his sleep overnight. He was 49. "It is with great sorrow that Joe Gibbs Racing confirms that Coy Gibbs went to be with the Lord in his sleep last night," read a statement by Joe Gibbs Racing. "The family appreciates all the thoughts and prayers and asks for privacy at this time."
Coy Gibbs was a co-owner of the team founded by his father and served as the chief operating officer and vice chairman. He is survived by his wife Heather as well as four children, including 20-year-old son Ty, who won the NASCAR Xfinity Series championship on Saturday night. "I'm definitely proud of him," Coy Gibbs said during the winning team's news conference Saturday at Phoenix Raceway.
Ty Gibbs Career Timeline
- TY Gibbs, at the age of 13, started running Shifter Karts at GoPro Motorplex in the summer of 2015.
- Later, he won the IceBreaker 125 Late Model Stock race at Myrtle Beach Speedway, driving the No. 18 for Nelson Motorsports in 2019.
- Between 2017 and 2018, he competed in the CARS Late Model Stock series for Marlowe Racing. In 2017, he finished 14th & in 2018, he finished in 8th position.
- After that, he ran a partial schedule in the 2019 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East.
- He scored his first career win in his sixth start at the Apple Barrel 125 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in the No. 54 on 21st September.
- He would compete full-time in the series, now known as the ARCA Menards Series East in 2021.
- He drove the No. 18 for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- He made four starts in the 2021 season, and he won the pole position and the race in all four starts, leading 621 of the 625 laps he completed. He finished ninth in the standings.
- He made his debut in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West in the 2019 season finale at ISM Raceway, going on to win the race.
- In 2021, he ran both races at Phoenix, starting on the pole and winning both events. The first event was a companion event with the main ARCA Menards Series, while the second race was the West Series season finale.
- He finished 19th in both the 2020 and 2021 standings.
- He has won 18 ARCA Menards Series races and collected 38 top-five finishes in a total of 47 starts.
- He ran 11 of 20 races in the ARCA Menards Series, finishing 13th in 2019.
- In 2020, he competed in 16 of 20 races and finished fifth in the standings.
- On October 4, 2020, he turned 18 and made him eligible to race on all tracks on the ARCA schedule (including Daytona and Talladega).
- In 2021, he ran full-time in the series in the JGR No. 18. He started the season with a 4th-place finish at Daytona, followed by a win at Phoenix and a 27th-place finish at Talladega.
- He ended the 2021 season as champion, having won 10 out of 20 races.
- On 26th January 2021, JGR announced that Gibbs would make his Xfinity Series debut in 2021 at the Daytona Road Course. This would be the first race of a part-time schedule he would run in the team's No. 54 car.
- On the Daytona Road Course, he held off Austin Cindric in overtime to win, becoming the sixth driver to win in their Xfinity debut and the first to do so without prior experience in the NASCAR Cup Series.
- At 18 years, four months, and 16 days of age, he surpassed Cindric as the youngest driver to win an Xfinity road course race.
- He next won at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May. At Road America, one of Gibbs's races, Kyle Busch ran the No. 54, leading JGR to put Gibbs in the No. 81 with Monster Energy as a sponsor.
- For his 2022 season, he moved into the series full-time, driving the No. 54. He won early in the season at Las Vegas, Atlanta, and Richmond.
- He scored his fourth win at Road America in July by passing Kyle Larson on the final lap and claimed his fifth win of the season a month later at Michigan.
- He Gibbs dominated at Phoenix to become the 2022 NASCAR Xfinity Series champion.
- On 24th July 2022, 23XI Racing announced that Gibbs would make his NASCAR Cup Series debut at the 2022 M&M's Fan Appreciation 400 at Pocono driving the No. 45 car. He finished 16th in the race.
- In the FireKeepers Casino 400 at Michigan, he scored his first career top-10 with a 10th-place finish but finished 36th the following week at Richmond after an engine failure.
- He would end up missing the last race of his fill-in role for 23XI, the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race, due to the death of his father Coy, and was replaced by Daniel Hemric.
Who is Ty Gibbs's Girlfriend?
Ty Gibbs is an unmarried man. He is single and not dating anyone at the moment. He is currently building his career as a stock car racer. He has not been spotted with any lady and there is no news about his rumors and affairs with anyone. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Ty Gibbs's Net Worth?
Ty Gibbs is a professional stock car racing driver whose net worth is between $1 Million - $5 Million as of 2022. His annual salary is still under speculation but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making an annual salary of around $1 Million at present. His main source of wealth comes from his car racing career. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
Ty Gibbs Height and Weight
Ty Gibbs is a handsome young guy who has a tall height of 1.70 m or 5 feet 7 inches. His body weight consists of 52 Kg or 114 lbs. His hair color is blonde and he has a hazel-gray eye. His body type is slim. He has got a healthy body and a charming personality.
Trivias About Ty Gibbs You Need To Know.
- He was the 2021 ARCA Menards Series champion.
- On January 26, 2021, he made his NASCAR Xfinity Series racing debut and won the race.
- He made his professional racing debut in 2017.
- His car number is 54.