Who is Brooke Baldwin - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Wiki, CNN, Coronavirus, Salary, Husband, Kids, Nationality, Age, Height, Education, Health, Journalist
Brooke Baldwin is an American journalist and television host who is widely recognized as the host of "CNN Newsroom". She has been working with CNN since 2008 covering many presidential inaugurations in her career. Brooke is also the host and creator of the CNN series 'American Woman'. She is also a COVID-19 survivor patient.
CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin announced that she will be leaving CNN in April
What is Brooke Baldwin Famous for?
- Famous as the host of CNN news show, "CNN Newsroom".
Where was Brooke Baldwin Born?
Brooke Baldwin was born on July 12, 1979, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. Her birth name is Brooke Baldwin. Her nationality is American. Baldwin belongs to White ethnicity and is of Anglo-Saxon descent while Cancer is her zodiac sign.
Baldwin was born in a middle-class family as the daughter of Steven Robert Baldwin(father) and Christine King Fulton(mother). Her father worked as a consultant at Deloitte while her mother was a teacher. When Brooke was just 12, her mother died because of cancer.
Baldwin was raised in her hometown where she attended The Westminster Schools. Later, she joined the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and got graduated with bachelor's degrees in Spanish in 2001.
She also graduated from the University's Hussman School of Journalism and Media earning a bachelor's degree in Journalism. Besides, she also studied abroad at the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City.
Brooke Baldwin's Career Highlights
- Baldwin began her professional career after she was hired at WVIR-TV in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2001. Shortly after she became the morning anchor at WOWK-TV and then she worked as a lead reporter at WTTG in Washington. She led the coverage of the shooting massacres at both 'Virginia Tech' and the 'West Nickel Mines School.'
- Baldwin got her breakout career after she joined CNN in 2008. She also joined Headline News(HLN) networks, a CNN owned news channel, and also contributed to the channel's award-winning coverage of the 2008 presidential election.
- In 2011, she co-anchored and led the CNN exclusive coverage of the final launch of 'Space Shuttle Atlantis'(STS-135) from the 'Kennedy Space Center' on July 8.
- Brooke released her documentary, 'To Catch a Killer,' in 2012 which even won the "Silver World Medal" for the "Best Investigative Report" at the New York Festivals International Television & Film Awards.
- A year later, in 2013, Brooke presented the live coverage of the 'Golden Globe Awards' red carpet. The same year, she covered the then-president Barack Obama’s second presidential inauguration.
- She also covered the incident of the Boston Marathon and the New York protests. She was made a 'Peabody Award' finalist for her conference on gun violence in Washington, DC in 2015. The same year, she was featured in "Brooke Baldwin Gives Surprising Boost to CNN" by Variety magazine.
- In June 2016, Baldwin reported live from Orlando, Florida covering the victims and survivors of the Orlando nightclub shooting. Baldwin also presented an award at L'Oréal Paris 11th Annual Women of Worth Celebration in 2016.
- On January 20, 2017, Brooke covered the presidential inauguration of Donald Trump. A year later, Brooke and her co-anchor, Jake Tapper covered the historic government shutdown from 'Capitol Hill' in 2018.
- In 2018, her eight-part digital video series, 'American Woman' was launched by CNN which she hosts as herself featuring several celebrities including Sheryl Crow, Betty White, Ava DuVernay.
- Besides, Baldwin hosts CNN's "New Year's Eve Live" with her co-anchor, Anderson Cooper along with her regular show, "CNN Newsroom". She also hosted the AK100 Club event for the travel agency Abercrombie and Kent.
- In January 2019, Brooke left the 'CNN Newsroom' midway, leaving the audience surprised because of an ocular migraine attack. On April 8, 2019, she was invited as a speaker at Harvard University. She also faced a lot of criticism and was involved in controversies as well.
Who is Brooke Baldwin Married to?
Brooke Baldwin is married to her long-time boyfriend, English producer James Fletcher. The couple met for the first time at a holiday party in 2015. Brooked made her relationship official by getting engaged in July 2017. Following that, in May 2018, Brooke and James got married at a wedding held at Hudson Valley, New York City.
Besides, on April 3, 2020, she revealed of being diagnosed with COVID 19, days after CNN colleague Chris Cuomo was diagnosed. Following her battle with the coronavirus, she shared an emotional essay recanting her struggles and sharing her path to recovery.
What is the Net Worth of Brooke Baldwin?
The 40 years old Brooke Baldwin has quite a great earnings from her professional career as a news anchor. Working in this field for more than a decade, she has managed to amass a million worth fortune from her several coverings and shows.
Her estimated net worth is around $1.3 million while her annual salary from CNN is around $600k.
How Tall is Brooke Baldwin?
Brooke Baldwin is a gorgeous lady in her 40s. Baldwin has a maintained slim body physique of measurement 36-27-36 inches. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inch. while her body weighs around 67kg(148 lbs). She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. Her bra size is 34 B, while 8.5(US) is her shoe size and 10(US) is her dress size.