Donatella Versace Bio, Net Worth, CEO, Versace, Coronavirus, Husband, Children, Daughter, Brother, Before Surgery, Young, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
Donatella Versace, one of the popular faces in the fashion industry, is an Italian fashion designer and certainly a well-qualified businesswoman. Currently, Donatella Versace, 64, is serving as the Chief Creative Officer of Versace, a luxury fashion company. Versace ends up in the fashion industry following the path of her late brother, Gianni Versace (founder of Versace).
What is Donatella Versace Famous for?
- Famous as Italian fashionista and CEO of Versace, a luxury fashion company.
Where was Donatella Versace Born?
Donatella Versace was born on May 2, 1955, in Reggio di Calabria, Italy. Her birth name is Donatella Francesca Versace. Versace belongs to Italian nationality and is of white ethnicity. Taurus is her zodiac sign.
Donatella Versace was born as the youngest child of the family to Antonio(father) and Francesca(mother). Her father was a salesman while her mother was a dressmaker. Born and raised among three elder siblings: Tina, Gianni, and Santo, Donatella spent her childhood learning many things from them. Her older sister, Tina, died at an early age of 12 due to tetanus infection.
Versace studied at her hometown and later got enrolled at Florence University to pursue her study in language. Versace began to have more interest in fashion as her late brother, Gianni Versace was a popular fashion designer.
She was also persuaded to dye her hair blonde at just 11 years old by Gianni. In addition, Santo Versace, her brother, is also a popular business tycoon.
Donatella Versace Career Highlights
- Donatella Versace began her career in the field of fashion after she followed her brother, Gianni pursuing knitwear design in Italy. A perfume dedicated to her, "Blonde" was launched which gave her her own label, "Versus" by Gianni.
- On July 18, 1998, after the death of her brother, Versace mounted her first Haute couture show for the Versace Atelier at "Hotel Ritz Paris".
- Versace got her breakthrough career after she designed the Green Versace dress(Jungle Dress) worn by Jennifer Lopez at the 42nd Grammy Awards in 2000.
- In September 2000, she designed the Palazzo Versace Australia resort on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
- In 2002, Gianni and Donatella's best known Versace clothing was displayed in an exhibition of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
- In 2008, she was made the honorary chairman of London's "Fashion Fringe". The same year, she was awarded the FGI Superstar Award.
- Under her guidance, "Versace" expanded its horizon to accessories and home furnishings as well.
- In 2010, Donatella was named "Women of the Year", "Fashion Designer of the Year" in 2012 and 2016 by Glamour magazine.
- Lady Gaga wrote the song "Donatella" from her 2013 album Artpop for Donatella Versace.
- In 2017, she was awarded the "Fashion Icon of the Year" award at the British Fashion Council's The Fashion Awards.
- In 2018, she became the first woman to be named "Designer of the Year" at GQ Men of the Year Awards in the UK and China.
- The same year, she received the "International CFDA Award", "Fashion Icon" award and was honored at The Green Carpet Fashion Awards.
- "House of Versace" broadcasted on Lifetime Network in 2013 showcases the real-life events of the Versace family.
- In 2018, Versace was sold to Capri Holdings, however, Donatella still remains the CEO of Versace.
Who was Donatella Versace Married to?
Donatella Versace was married to her former spouse, Paul Beck back in 1983. Beck is an American model with whom Versace shares two children: a daughter, Allegra Versace Beck and a son Daniel Versace. Versace and Beck lived in their own lavish Milan apartment which had Versace printings all over the living room, along with their children.
Later, in 2000 the couple divorced and Versace lived a single life. She was previously married to Manuel Dallori. Further, Versace is a patron of the Elton John AIDS Foundation. She was also mentioned in Lauren Weisberger’s novel, "The Devil Wears Prada".
What is the Net Worth of Donatella Versace?
The 64 years old, Donatella Versace has been one of the successful personalities in the fashion industry for a long time. Versace has quiet a great earning through her professional career as a designer and mainly as the CEO of"Versace". Versace is a billion worth Italian fashion company started by her late brother, Gianni Versace who was assassinated in 1997.
Donatella inherited 20% of the company upon Gianni's death and currently, she has a net worth around $1 billion. With her multiple fashion shows and several designs, she adds few more dollars to her fortune leading a luxurious and lavish lifestyle.
How Tall is Donatella Versace?
Donatella Versace is a beautiful white lady in her 60s. She has a fair complexion with her distinct blonde hair and light brown eyes. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 5inch.(1.65cm). Her body weighs around 55kg.