Leonardo DiCaprio - Bio, Net Worth, Affairs, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family
Multi-talented actor, Leonardo Di Caprio shot to stardom after starring in the 1997 epic romance and disaster film "Titanic" directed by James Cameron. Since then his acting skills have polished and has showcased great acting skills in movies like, "The Aviator", "Blood Diamond", "The Departed", "Shutter Island" and many more. He also campaigns for environmental issues all over the world.
Leonardo DiCaprio is very active in Social Media. On Twitter and Facebook, he has more than 19.6 million and 19 million followers respectively. More than 54.7 million people follow him on Instagram.
What is Leonardo DiCaprio Famous for?
- For Playing the role of Jack Dawson in the 1997 film Titanic, Frank Abagnale Jr. in the 2002 film Catch Me If You Can, Howard Hughes in the 2004 film The Aviator, and J. Edgar Hoover in the 2011 film J. Edgar.
Where is Leonardo DiCaprio from?
On November 11, 1974, Leonardo DiCaprio was born in California, US. His Full name is Leonardo Wilhelm Caprio. He belongs of American nationality. By Profession, he is Film Actor and Film Producer. He attended the University of Los Angeles (UCLA). His horoscope sign is Scorpio.
DiCaprio grew up with his parents, George DiCaprio (father) and Irmelin DiCaprio (mother). His father was an underground comic artist while his mother was an illegal German immigrant. However, his parents divorced when he was young age. However, the credit for starting his acting career goes to his parents who motivated him to start acting at an early age.
The Career Highlights of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Prior to his movie career, he featured and acted in television commercials.
- He also appeared in soap operas like, ’Santa Barbara’ and ‘Growing Pains’ during the 90s.
- DiCaprio captured the media’s attention when he made his debut in the horror film, Critters 3 in 1991.
- Later on, he appeared as the main actor in the movie, This Boy’s Life (1993) where he was selected among 400 other actors.
- DiCaprio has taken up roles of characters that helped him secure a place in the American film industry.
- He starred in the 2004 film "The Aviator" the 2006 crime drama "The Departed", and a documentary film "The 11th Hour" (2007)
- Along with this, he played in the film, "The Great Gatsby" in 2013, which is a novel adaptation of the same title.
- The same year, he even starred in the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" taking up the role of Jordan Belfort.
- He also appeared in the films like The Revenant (2015), Before the Flood (2016), Once Upon Time in Hollywood (2019), and Don't Look Up (2021).
- Besides acting, he works as a producer too. He has produced several documentary films and movies, including The Aviator (2004), 11TH Hour (2007), Gardener of Eden (2007), Red Riding Hood (2011), and Fin (2021).
- To date, he has acted in around more than 30 films and appeared in several television shows too. The actor has improved and taken himself to the next level after starting his acting career.
Awards and Achievements of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Since he started acting on big screens, DiCaprio has been nominated for many awards multiple prestigious awards, including Oscars.
- After being nominated six times for The Academy Awards, he finally won The Oscars for Best Actor for his work in the movie "The Revenant" in 2016.
- DiCaprio was nominated eleven times for the Golden Globe Awards. He won the Golden Globe Awards of 2005, 2015, and 2016 for his work in "The Aviator", "The Wolf of Wall Street", and "The Revenant" respectively.
- He received the People’s Choice Awards for Best Dramatic Movie Actor for his work in ‘"The Great Gatsby" in 2014.
- Along with this, he received nominations for prestigious awards like, ‘Teen Choice Awards, ‘Young Artist Awards’,’ Scream Awards’, ‘Saturn Awards’ and many more.
Contributions of Leonardo Di Caprio
- 88th Academy Award Winner DiCaprio is an active advocate of an environment.
- He even took a break from his acting career to focus on issues of the environment.
- DiCaprio is an environmental campaigner and is actively concerned about issues regarding the world environment.
- He manages time to post updates related to his activities on social networking sites.
- Also, a foundation under his name ‘Leonardo Di Caprio Foundation’ has been established which posts news about his latest films and addresses environmental issues.
What is the marital status of Leonardo DiCaprio?
Leonardo DiCaprio's marital status is unmarried but he has been in several relationships until now. He has been in relationships with several actresses with whom he previously starred in movies.
Recently in September 2022, DiCaprio and Camila Morrone broke up, shortly after her 25th birthday. Despite having a 23-year age difference, the pair dated for about five years.
DiCaprio was in a long-time relationship with Bar Refaeli from 2005 to 2011. Bar Refaeli is an Israeli actress/model and a businesswoman. From 2011 to 2012, he was in relationships with Blake Lively, Erin Heatherton, Barbara Palvin, Tony Gann, and others.
Moreover, he had a short-time affair with the singer, Rihanna in the year 2015. He also dated Lorena Rae, Nina Abdel, Chelsea Weimar, and Kelly Rohrbach.
Similarly, he was in an unsuccessful relationship with other women like Demi Moore (1998-2002), Natasha Henstridge (1997), Kristen Zang, Bridget Hall, Heather Graham, and others.
According to rumors, he was in alleged affairs with Paris Hilton and Carmen Electra in 2000.
Currently, he is single.
How tall is Leonardo DiCaprio?
Handsome actor, Leonardo DiCaprio has a tall height of 1.83 m and a balanced weight of 75 kg. He has a Chest of 42 inches, a Waist of 34 inches, and biceps of 14 inches. His hair color is Blonde and his eye color is Blue. Moreover, he is straight in terms of sexual orientation.
What is the Net Worth of Leonardo DiCaprio?
Because of his hard work and enthusiasm, Leonardo DiCaprio has been earning a good amount of money throughout his acting career. His estimated net worth amounts to USD 260 million. Major credits of his earnings go to his career as an actor and film producer.
From ‘Titanic’, he earned around USD 55 million, and from ‘The Revenant’ he accumulated USD 30 million. However, his salary is not known.
Trivias About Leonardo DiCaprio You Need To Know.
- Caprio is an environmentalist aside from an actor.
- He separates a time from his busy schedule to indulge in environmental related activities.
- To support his environmental beliefs, he even included things about an environment in his Thank you speech at the ‘Oscars 2016’.
- He has no tattoo carvings on his body and has not done plastic surgeries.
- He also does a lot of traveling.