Last updated on February 22nd, 2024 at 08:34 pm
Facts About Marie Osmond
|63 Years Old
|Olive Marie Osmond
|Place Of Birth
|Singer, Actress, Film Screenwriter
|United States of America
|Brigham Young University
|George Virl Osmond
|Eight (Out of Eight, Five children were adopted and Three were biological)
|$ 20 million
|Stephen Lyle Craig (M. 1982; Div. 1985), Brian Blosil (M. 1986; Div. 2007), and Stephen Lyle Craig (M. 2011 - present)
|5 feet 5 inches
|Tom Osmond, Virl Osmond, Alan Osmond, Wayne Osmond, Merill Osmond, Jay Osmond, Donny Osmond, and Jimmy Osmond
|Wikipedia, Instagarm, Twitter, Facebook
The world of entertainment especially music is evolving with each era. New genres, styles of music like Trap and new artists keep emerging each day. Gone are the days when the youth listened to the oldies, and if there are any, the numbers are reducing. If you are a fan of the Classics and used to visit the Opera once in a while, then you are in for a treat. We focus on Marie Osmond and reveal interesting details like Marie Osmond net worth, Husband, children, age and more.
- An American singer, author, actress and doll designer.
- Singing and performing country music.
- Her first single 'Paper Roses'.
Marie Osmond's Net Worth
The singer Marie Osmond net worth is estimated to be of over $25 million as of 2024. Her fortune has been generated mostly through her musical career. Her net worth has been amassed through her album sales through her loyal fans. Other sources include her acting career and endorsements she gets from different brands.
Details on the property she owns her cars and house are still unknown. However, she uploads pictures on social media standing next to a Chrysler.
Marie Osmond's Children
Marie Osmond, an American singer, actress, and television host, has had eight children. They are:
- Stephen James Craig - Born on April 20, 1983, to Marie and her first husband, Stephen Lyle Craig. After Marie and Stephen divorced, she remarried him in 2011.
- Jessica Marie Blosil - Born on December 17, 1987, Jessica was adopted by Marie and her second husband, Brian Blosil.
- Rachael Lauren Blosil - Born on August 19, 1989, Rachael is the biological child of Marie and Brian Blosil.
- Michael Bryan Blosil - Born on May 4, 1991, Michael was adopted by Marie and Brian Blosil. Tragically, he passed away on February 26, 2010.
- Brandon Warren Blosil - Born on November 1996, Brandon was adopted by Marie and Brian Blosil.
- Brianna Patricia Blosil - Born on November 19, 1997, Brianna was adopted by Marie and Brian Blosil.
- Matthew Richard Blosil - Born on July 6, 1999, Matthew is the biological child of Marie and Brian Blosil.
- Abigail Michelle Blosil - Born on September 5, 2002, Abigail was adopted by Marie and Brian Blosil.
Marie Osmond has been open about the mix of biological and adopted children in her family and has shared the joys and challenges of motherhood in various interviews and her memoirs. Futhermore, Marie Osmond daughter Abigail the youngest of her children is often seen with her in many places.
Early Life of Marie Osmond
Marie Osmond was born in Ogden, Utah on October 13, 1959 to the family of George Virl Osmond and Olive May. As a child, she was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Her brothers are Tom Osmond, Virl Osmond, Alan Osmond, Wayne Osmond, Merill Osmond, Jay Osmond, Donny Osmond, and Jimmy Osmond. All of her brothers were active in show business, performing and singing on national television.
She herself made a debut on TV as the part of her brother's act The Osmond Brothers on The Andy Williams Show when she was just four years of age.
Marie Osmond Height & Weight
The actress was born a pretty young girl and she grew into a pretty woman too. This beauty is easily noticed with her height of 5 feet 5 inches. With that height, her weight was obtained as 119 lbs. Further, Her other measurements are 39-27-37 inches.
Donny and Marie Osmond announce ending to 11-year Las Vegas residency
It's an end of an era. Donny and Marie Osmond are saying goodbye to their Las Vegas show later this year, concluding an 11-year residency.
The brother-sister duo made the announcement during an appearance on "Good Morning America" on Thursday.
“It’s been rumored that we’re bringing Donny & Marie to an end here in Las Vegas,” Donny, 61, told the outlet. “And we’re here to say it’s official.” “We have been through so much the last 11 years. Her particularly,” Donny went on to say about Marie, 59. “And she gets on stage and she’s such a professional," he gushed. "She does a great job. I’m gonna miss this a lot… There’s a bond here that will never be broken.”
Their final performance at the Flamingo Las Vegas is scheduled for Nov. 16.
According to the casino, the two launched their residency back in September 2008, planning for just a six-week concert engagement. However, the residency was extended again and again, marking a decade of performances last year.
Despite ending their long-time show, Donny hinted that the duo will still continue to perform in some way.
“It's the end of the Donny & Marie show, it's not the end of Donny and Marie,” he said.
Music, Acting, and Writing Career
- Osmond gained initial success as a solo artist and became a teen idol in 1970. She's focused on the country music while her brothers were basically focused on performing contemporary pop music at the time.
- She released her first single 'Paper Roses' in 1973 as a solo artist. She released another single 'In My Little Corner of the World' the next year that entered the Billboard country Top 40.
- She came up with her fourth studio album named 'This Is The Way That I Feel' in 1977. She collaborated with Dan Seals singing a duet called 'Meet Me in Montana'. The song became the no. 1 country hit in 1985.
- Some of her hit songs include I Only Wanted You, You're Still New to Me, and Everybody's Crazy 'Bout My Baby.
- Her latest work Music IS Medicine was released in April 2016 by the online retailer Amazon.com, iTunes, and Walmart.
- Besides music, she involved in acting as well. She started her acting in 1976 in Donny & Marie. The show was renamed The Osmond Family Hour in 1979. She performed in the documentary series Ripley's Believe It or Not! with Jack Palance in 1985 and 1986 for two seasons.
- She appeared with her brother Donny in the short-lived 1995 ABC sitcom Maybe This Time. In 2006, she became the judge on Fox celeb reality show competition Celebrity Duets.
- Not just acting and music, she also has a radio show called 'Marie and Friends' in 2004. Apart from this, she has authored three books, all of which featured in the New York Times bestsellers list which are follows:
Behind the Smile: My Journey Out
This book was published on May 1, 2001, and discusses her struggles with postpartum depression.
Might As Well Laugh About It Now
This book focuses on the milestones and missteps in Osmond's life. It was published on April 1, 2009, and was co-authored by Marcia Wilkie.
The Key Is Love
This book was published on April 2, 2013, with the subtitle My Mother's Wisdom, A Daughter's Gratitude. It focuses on the values of her mother and was co-authored by Marcia Wilkie.
- In 2013-14 Osmond was a regular fill-in on the CBS daytime show The Talk.
Awards and Nominations of Marie Osmond
From her successful career, she was nominated for many awards including Grammy Awards, Academy of Country Music Awards, and Country Music Association Awards. Surprisingly, out of these nine nominations she managed only to grab Country Music Association Awards of Vocal Duo of the Year for Dan Seals and Marie Osmond in 1987.
Who has Marie Osmond been married to?
Reflecting her personal life, Marie has been married three times and twice with the same man. Previously, she was in a relationship with Jeff Clayton, an acting student. The couple got engaged in 1979 but soon called off the betrothal. She mentioned that it was too tough for her to make a commitment as marriage is a very crucial step.
Later, she married her first husband the Brigham Young University basketball player Stephen Lyle Craig on 26th June 1982. They welcomed their only child Stephen James Craig on 20th June 1983. Because of some personal disputes, the two divorced in 1985.
The next year she married Brian Blosil at the Jordan River Temple in Utah in October 1986. The couple shares two kids Rachael Lauren (1989) and Matthew Richard (1998). Also, they adopted five more kids namely Michael Bryan, Brandon Warren, Brianna Patricia, Abigail Olive May, and Jessica Marie. Her daughter Jessica is bisexual. Osmond revealed the fact in April 2009 and mentioned that she's living with her partner in Los Angles.
The couple announced they were divorcing on 4th March 2011. Surprisingly, in May 2011, she remarried her first husband Craig in a small ceremony in the Las Vegas Nevada Temple and wore the same dress from her first wedding.
Unfortunately, her son Michael killed himself by jumping from the eighth floors of his apartment on 26th February 2010. Source reported that he was in rehabilitation at the age of 12. He was battling from depression and addiction. Osmand herself suffered from postpartum depression back in 1999.
Marie Osmond Plastic Surgery
Firstly, we have reason to believe that Singer/Actress Marie Osmond underwent plastic surgery. It’s either that or the cosmetics she uses have a secret ingredient she’s yet to share with the world. Here’s why.
In addition, when comparing old photos and the recent ones, it’s as clear as day that you will notice some visible changes. From her ecstatic smile and laughter, one thing was certain. Her upper gums were quite visible but now don’t show at all.
Moreover, her adoring fans seemed to have speculated a breast enlargement supposedly as a result of possible breast implants. Other minor changes include her nose appearance. From her revamped nasal tip, bridge and overall nasal shape one can deduce she went for a facelift.
However, the singer has confirmed that she has undergone surgery to change her looks. However, it is quite the opposite of most people’s opinions. According to E-News, Marie Osmond revealed that she went for a breast reduction surgery rather than breast augmentation.
So yes, Marie Osmond has undergone plastic surgery.
Trivias You Need To Know.
- Her son, Michael Blosil, killed himself by leaping to his death on February 26, 2010, in Los Angeles.
- She has five adopted children.
- On April 29, 2009, Marie revealed that her eldest daughter, Jessica, was a lesbian and had been living with her girlfriend for the past three years in Los Angeles.