Mason Greenwood - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Dating, Girlfriend, Manchester United, Forward, Goals, Stats, Transfer, Sister, Salary, Height, Parents
Mason Will John Greenwood famed as Mason Greenwood is an English professional footballer who plays as a forward for Premier League club Manchester United. He joined Manchester United at the age of six, playing at the club's development school in Halifax. He has been in Premier League club Manchester United since 2007 as a forward where he signed his first professional contract on 2 October 2018 under the managerial of Jose Mourinho. He is a very talented footballer.
Mason Greenwood can become a superstar in turbulent times at Manchester Utd
- Mason Greenwood may have made his debut for the club at the age of 17 but becoming a Manchester United player was a long time in the making for Mason Greenwood.
- He joined the club at age six, after being identified at an early age playing for his local side in Bradford.
- There were few doubts that Greenwood would eventually make the step up to the first team but nobody could have predicted his debut would come so soon, nevermind in such dramatic circumstances.
- His first-team bow was a nine-minute cameo on an incredible night in Paris last March, during the height of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s honeymoon period back at Old Trafford.
- Much has changed since then, both for the club and Greenwood himself. Not that you’d know it from observing the 17-year-old. Ask those that have worked with Greenwood in close quarters and the reports are eerily similar; that this precocious teenager is grounded, polite, timid and as yet, unaffected by the looming stardom.
- It’s why, even at the tender age of 17, that Greenwood’s story is already being championed by coaches in United’s youth set-up, who hold the striker up as an example of the ‘runway’ the academy provides for youngsters into the first team.
- Mason Greenwood impressed on United’s pre-season tour, scoring twice. More than anything it’s Greenwood’s application that impressed most during his rapid rise through the academy system and that’s displayed through his rare knack of taking set-pieces with either foot.
- Though naturally left-footed, Greenwood takes free-kicks from the left with his right foot and he sent former Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina the wrong way in last week’s friendly win against AC Milan when he took a penalty with his weaker foot.
- While naturally gifted, it’s Greenwood’s determination to improve that’s made him such a favorite within the academy and coaches have described him as a ‘sponge’ for his willingness to learn and take on instructions.
- Hailing from a family of athletes, Greenwood possesses blistering pace but he has the finesse and calmness in front of goal to go with it. His education as a midfielder during his early days means he has an eye for a pass and his ability to drop into a number ten role has drawn comparisons to Robin van Persie.
- United have long-known Greenwood’s potential and it was recognized by Jose Mourinho, who took the youngster on the club’s US tour in 2018 after he hit 17 goals in 17 starts for the U18s when he was aged just 16. He impressed in the States and his handful of appearances last term under Solskjaer were seen as an acknowledgment of his burgeoning potential, rather than his readiness for first-team responsibility.
Early life of Mason Greenwood
Mason Greenwood was born on 1st October 2001 in Bradford, England as Mason Will John Greenwood. As of 2018, he celebrated his 17th birthday. He holds English nationality and his ethnicity is White. He was raised in Wibsey along with his sister Ashton who is a track athlete. Information regarding his parents, education has not been revealed yet. He started playing football at his very early age of six joining Manchester United playing at the club's development school in Halifax.
Body Measurements of Mason Greenwood
Mason Greenwood is a very handsome footballer with attractive and athletic body build. He stands at a height of 5 ft 10 in tall with a healthy weight of 69 kg. His other body measurements will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Career of Mason Greenwood
- Greenwood joined Manchester United at the age of 6 and played at the club's development school in Halifax.
- He then joined up with the Under-18 squad for the 2017-2018 season where he finished as top scorer of the U18 Premier League North with 17 goals in 21 games.
- He was named Player of the Tournament as the youth side won the ICGT Trophy in the Netherlands in May 2018.
- On 20th July 2018, he made his non-competitive debut as a 76th-minute substitute for Luke Shaw in a 1-1 draw against Club America.
- On 2nd October, he signed his first professional contract with Manchester United.
- In December, he was selected by Jose Mourinho to train with the first team ahead of their UEFA Champions League match against Valencia.
- On 6th March 2019, he made his competitive debut as an 87th-minute substitute for Ashley Young in a 3-1 win against Paris Saint Germain in the UEFA Champions League.
- At the age of 17 years, he became the second-youngest player to represent the club in European competition and the youngest ever in the Champions League era.
- He made his Premier League debut from the bench in a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal to become the club's second-youngest league debutant.
- On 7th May, he was named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April.
- At the end of the season, Greenwood received the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year award.
- On 17th July 2019, he scored his first senior goal for Manchester United in a 4-0 pre-season victory against Leeds United.
- Talking about his international career, he has represented the England national under-17 football team making six appearances in 2017-2018.
- He was also part of the squad in the Algarve Tournament in Portugal.
Marital Status, Dating, Girlfriend
Mason Greenwood's marital status is unknown. He may be married or unmarried or in a relationship. As there are no rumors about him dating with anyone, he is assumed to be single. He is currently focusing on his career rather than being on a relationship or dating anyone as of today.
Net worth of Mason Greenwood
Mason Greenwood's net worth has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. At present, he is currently getting $965 as his weekly wage and $6000 for his every appearance. His source of earning is from his football career. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.