Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Sophie Lawrence
|Celebrated Name||Sophie Lawrence|
|Age||51 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Sophie Lawrence|
|Birth Name||Sophie Lawrence|
|Place Of Birth||London|
|Marital Status||Unknown at a moment|
|Net Worth||$1 Million - $5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
Sophie Lawrence is a British actress and singer who is best known for her role of Diane Butcher in the BBC soap opera "EastEnders" as a regular cast member from 1988 to 1991, making subsequent guest appearances in 1993, 1994, 1997, 2008, and 2012. In 1991, she achieved a top 30 hit in the UK singles chart with her cover of Donna Summer's hit single, "Love's Unkind". Since 2001, she has been most active on stage in musical theatre and pantomime. She secured her first acting role when she made on/off appearances in BBC's "Grange Hill".
What is Sophie Lawrence Famous For?
- Being an English actress, singer, director, and choreographer.
- Playing the role of Diane Butcher in the BBC soap opera EastEnders as a regular cast member from 1988 to 1991, making subsequent guest appearances in 1993, 1994, 1997, 2008, and 2012.
Where is Sophie Lawrence From?
Sophie Lawrence was born on 12 June 1972 in Ilford, London, the UK. She is British as per her nationality and her ethnicity is British-White. Her present age is 50 as of 2022. She trained at the Sylvia Young Theatre School. She has not disclosed any details about her parents and siblings. Only the fact is known that she was born to a Christian religious family.
Sophie Lawrence Career Timeline
- Lawrence trained to be a dancer in her early career.
- Due to tearing a muscle in her groin, she was forced to give it up and she turned to act professionally.
- During her time at her theatre school, she secured her first acting role when she made on/off appearances on BBC's Grange Hill.
- After graduating from drama school in 1988 at the age of 15, she was cast as Diane Butcher, the bohemian daughter of Frank Butcher (Mike Reid), in the popular soap opera "EastEnders".
- She remained in the role until 1991 Lawrence commented, "I left because I wanted to play something different. In doing that, you have to grow out of the public's perception of you as an EastEnders character. But I wanted a variety of roles. I felt I couldn't just carry on being Diane indefinitely. I wanted to be an actor, not just a personality."
- She returned for brief stints in 1993, 1994, and 1997.
- She quit weeks after making her comeback in 1997 and she had since commented: "Going back to EastEnders was like going back to school and none of your friends are there. I was [originally] there with people like Nick Berry (Simon Wicks) and Letitia Dean (Sharon Watts) and they'd all gone. One of the young actors, who will remain nameless, made me a coffee and started telling me all about what it was like. He had no idea I'd been in the soap before."
- She agreed to reprise the role of Diane once again in 2008 to film the screen funeral of Diane's father Frank, following the off-screen death of Mike Reid.
- She agreed to return for another brief stint in 2012.
- After she left EastEnders, she started her career in music.
- She released the cover of Donna Summer's 1977 hit "Love's Unkind".
- She then worked with the successful pop writers and producers, Stock Aitken and Waterman, recording a follow-up single, "Secrets", a track taken from Kylie Minogue's Rhythm of Love album. However, the single was withdrawn before its release.
- Her pop career stalled and she returned to acting.
- Her notable television credits include the German TV adaptation of Die Wächter (1985), the TV movie The Little Match Girl (1986) starring Twiggy and Roger Daltrey, Cadfael (1994) with Derek Jacobi, and playing Neil Morrissey's girlfriend in the BBC sitcom Men Behaving Badly (1995).
- Moreover, she appeared in an episode of the game show Banzai.
- In theatre, she has played Janet in the West End's adaptation of The Rocky Horror Show and also plays a lead role in Daisy Pulls It Off.
- She has appeared in many touring plays, most notably in Alan Bennett's one-woman show Talking Heads.
- She also starred in the sequel Boogie Nights 2 – This Time It's The 80s.
- She was the Assistant Director of Boogie Nights.
- In December 2006, she starred as Peter Pan (opposite Nigel Havers's Captain Hook) at the Wycombe Swan, and in 2007 opposite David Essex again as Peter Pan at the Derngate in Northampton.
Who is Sophie Lawrence's Husband?
Sophie Lawrence remains silent when it comes to her personal life. She has not disclosed any information regarding her boyfriend, past affairs, relationship, and love life to the public. There is also no news about her relationship with anyone. It seems she is an unmarried lady and she is currently focusing on her career. Her sexual orietnation is straight.
How much is Sophie Lawrence's Net Worth?
Sophie Lawrence is an actress and singer by profession who is known for his appearance in the 'EastEnders'. She has made a huge amount of money from her role. As of 2022, the net worth of Sophie is estimated to have in the range of $1 Million - $5 Million. Her main source of income comes from the entertainment industry and music industry. She is living a cool lifestyle at present. Her exact salary is still to get disclosed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a considerable amount of money from her work.
"On The Buses" star, Anna Karen reportedly left the majority of her fortune to her former "EastEnders" co-star Sophie Lawrence, following her death in 2022. It’s been revealed that over £420,000 of her estate was left for her close friend Sophie Lawrence, 50, who played Diane Butcher in EastEnders between 1988 and 1991. According to probate records seen by the MailOnline, Anna's will left 65 percent of her net estate to Lawrence after payment of funeral and legal costs, inheritance tax, and a £1,500 legacy to another friend. Anna’s will reportedly left a further fifth of the residuary of her estate to her stepdaughter Gloria Gill, the daughter of her actor husband Terry Duggan, who died in 2008. Another eighth was left to four other friends or relatives and the final 2.5 percent was left to the Actors' Benevolent Fund.
How tall is Sophie Lawrence?
Sophie Lawrence is a beautiful actress who has got a charming smile on her lips. She stands at the tall height of 5 feet 7 inches or 1.69 m. Her body type is slim. She has beautiful brown eyes and her hair color is blonde. Her body weight and other body measurement are still to get unfolded yet.
Trivias About Sophie Lawrence You Need To Know.
- Gemini is her zodiac sign.
- She trained at the Sylvia Young Theatre School.
- She is also a singer.
- She secured her first acting role when she made on/off appearances in BBC's "Grange Hill".