Yo Gotti - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Wife, Girlfriend, Real Name, Nationality, Family, Parents, Ethnicity, Height, Facts, Career, Albums, Children
Mario Sentell Giden Mims, excellently known as Yo Gotti is an American rapper, songwriter, and record executive. He is a Tennessee-based rapper who released the studio album "Live from the Kitchen" in 2012. He released his debut album titled "Youngsta's On a Come Up" under the alias Lil Yo whereas he released eleven mixtapes and four independent albums before making his debut with RCA records. Other notable records include "I Am", "The Art of Hustle" and "I Still Am". As a record executive, he is also the founder of the record label Collective Music Group, which has signed successful acts such as Moneybagg Yo, 42 Dugg, and Blac Youngsta. In August 2009, Gotti made his first TV show appearance as himself in the New Faces of Hip Hop episode of music TV series, "Check It Out! Video" and in 2011, he made his film debut in a guest role in the drama flick, "Video Girl".
Yo Gotti shared an ominous Instagram post
Yo Gotti shared an ominous Instagram post hours before his reported one-time foe Young Dolph was shot dead in Memphis. Dolph, whose real name is Adolph Robert Thornton Jr, 36, was gunned down at Makeda's Cookies in Tennessee on Wednesday afternoon. After the shooting, three law enforcement officials confirmed Dolph's death to Fox 13. Gotti, 36, who was rumored to have had rap beef with Dolph for several years, shared a mysterious post on his Instagram story hours before the shooting.
"Good Morning. Don't value da things you don't have over the things you do," Yo Gotti posted on IG. Gotti and Dolph allegedly exchanged subtle disses on tracks towards each other and spoke about one another in interviews. The rappers were raised in Memphis and became competitors once Dolph rose on the Southern hip hop scene. It's unclear why the two began feuding, but tensions continued to mount in subtle ways.
Everything That You Need To Know About Young Dolph
- Being an American rapper, songwriter, and record executive.
- For his studio album "Live from the Kitchen".
Where is Yo Gotti from?
Yo Gotti took birth on 18th May 1981 with the real name of Mario Sentell Giden Mims in Memphis, Tennessee, U.S. He is of American nationality and he came from African-American ethnic background. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is black. Gotti has celebrated his 40th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Taurus. His father was a gym instructor of Zimbabwe origin while his mother, Geraldine Mims was of South African origin. He has one older brother named Anthony Mims.
Regarding Yo's education, he wanted to attend Tennessee State University but his application was rejected. So, he instead got enrolled at the Southwest Tennessee Community College with an intention of eventually getting transferred to Tennessee State. However, he had to drop out to focus on his rap career.
How did Yo Gotti become famous?
- Yo Gotti kicks off his career rapping as Lil Yo at the age of 14, affiliated with DJ Sound and his crew after which he released a string of independent albums: "From Da Dope Game 2 Da Rap Game" (2000), "Self-Explanatory" (2001), "Life" (2003), and "Back 2 da Basics" (2006).
- Then he released his major-label debut studio album "Live From The Kitchen" on 10th January 2012 whereas the album's original first single was titled "5 Star" and it was released on 20th May 2009.
- "Live From The Kitchen" debuted at number 12 on the US Billboard 200, with 16,000 copies sold in its first week of sales in the United States.
- He released the 7th version of his well-known mixtape series "Cocaine Muzik" entitled "Cocaine Muzik 7: The World Is Yours" on 17th October 2012.
- He announced on 28th May 2013 that his sixth studio album would be titled "I Am" and it was announced in July 2013 that the album would be released on 19th November 2013.
- On 2nd September 2013, Yo released the mixtape "Nov 19: The Mixtape" in promotion for the album as well as he premiered the album's third single, "Cold Blood" featuring rapper J. Cole and Canei Finch on 27th October 2013.
- He released the official cover art for both the standard and deluxe versions of "The Art of Hustle" on 1st February 2016 and on 1st June 2017 Gotti released a collaborative mixtape with record producer Mike Will Made-It, titled "Gotti Made-It".
- His tenth album, "Untrapped", was released in January 2020 and became Yo Gotti's fourth consecutive top-ten debut on the "Billboard" 200 which was also marked Gotti's fourth and final album under the initial Epic Records contract.
- He released the single, "Recession Proof" on 3rd July 2020, on his label CMG with Epic under a new contract.
- Apart from singing, Collective Music Group also known as CMG, formerly known as Cocaine Muzik Group, is a record label founded by Yo Gotti. He currently is at the label's helm as CEO. The label's first official release was Yo Gotti's sixth studio album "I Am". The label released a collective project featuring the whole roster titled "Chapter One" in 2014.
Yo Gotti Girlfriend: Who is Yo Gotti Wife?
Yo Gotti was a married man previously. But he is currently in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Yaya Sandoval. Yaya is a previous girlfriend of the professional boxing promoter and former boxer Floyd Mayweather. It appears Gotti and Yaya have been dating for quite some time now. Reflecting on Yo's sexual orientation, he is straight.
Previously, he tied a knot with Lakeisha Mims on 17th May 1989. The pair shares two daughters and a son, who are rumored to be living with him. They separated afterward with the marriage not working out. Not much is known about the relationship between Gotti and Lakeisha, as the rapper kept his private life out of the limelight.
What is the Net Worth of Yo Gotti?
Yo Gotti is a talented guy who has a net worth of $16 million as of 2021. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $1.2 million dollars each year, on average. With his hard work and luck by his side, he can double the amount of wealth he has today. In addition, his major source of income is his rapper, songwriter, and record executive career. He is sincere in his work.
How tall is Yo Gotti?
Yo Gotti is 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm tall and his body weighs around 72 kg or 159 lbs. He has short black hair and dark brown eyes color. He's got an unconventional good look and raw appeal about him. Reasons for his amazing personality could be his roots. Additionally, Yo's body build type is average.
Trivias About Yo Gotti You Need To Know.
- Yo released his debut album titled Youngsta's On a Come Up under the alias Lil Yo.
- He released eleven mixtapes and four independent albums before making his debut with RCA records.
- He was featured on 2 Chainz's song "Boo," which reached #76 on the US R&B charts in 2010.
- Yo Gotti is a founder of the record label, Collective Music Group, which was earlier called Cocaine Muzik Group. He is the CEO and president of the label.
- He is a Tennessee-based rapper who released the studio album Live from the Kitchen in 2012.