Zendaya - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Boyfriend, Ethnicity, Age, Real Name, Birthday, Family, Wiki, Size, Facts, Parents, Height, Nationality, Siblings
Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman popularly known as Zendaya is an American actress and singer. She started her career as a child model and backup dancer. She rose to prominence after she appeared as Rocky Blue on the Disney Channel sitcom, Shake It Up. She is known for her roles as K.C. Cooper on the Disney Channel sitcom, K.C. Undercover, Michelle "MJ" Jones in the Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero film, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Anne Wheeler in the musical drama film, The Greatest Showman. She has also released a self-titled debut studio album in 2013. She has over 77 million followers on her Instagram.
Zendaya Makes Surprise Guest Appearance on The 2nd Season of The OA
Disney star, Zendaya made a surprise guest appearance on the second season premiere of the American mystery drama web television series, The OA, by Netflix. The Spider-Man: Homecoming star appeared on the series as Fola. Fola helps the private investigator, Karim Washington to understand the nature of the reality mobile game and solve the puzzle and find the missing person.
The 22-year old will reprise her role as Michelle in the Spider-Man: Far From Home, scheduled to release in July 2019.
What is Zendaya Famous For?
- Her work in Shake It Up, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and The Greatest Showman.
Is Zendaya Dating? Zendaya Boyfriend, Relationship and Her Complete Dating History
Where is Zendaya From?
Zendaya was born on 1 September 1996. Her birth name is Zendaya Maree, Stoermer Coleman. She was born to a father, Kazember Ajamu (Samuel David Coleman), and a mother, Claire Marie (Stoermer). She belongs to African-American ethnicity. Her birthplace is in Oakland, California in the United States. She holds an American nationality. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She has no siblings. She is the only child. She is of African-American descent of her paternal side, whereas of German and Scottish descent on her maternal side. Her mother works as the house manager at the nearby California Shakespeare Theatre in Orinda, California. Thus, she grew up as a performer. She trained at the theater's student conservatory program.
She attended Oakland School for the Arts where she appeared in numerous stage productions. She spent three years dancing in a dance group, Future Shock Oakland. She then attended American Conservatory Theatre, where she studied at the CalShakes Conservatory Program.
Her stage credits include Once on This Island, Caroline, or Change, Richard III, Twelfth Night, As You Like It, among others.
Early Career - Zendaya
- She started her professional career as a fashion model. She modeled for Macy's, Mervyns, and Old Navy.
- She was featured in an iCarly toys ad.
- She also appeared as a back-up dancer in a Sears commercials.
- She was a featured performer in the Kidz Bop music video for its cover of the song "Hot n Cold".
Zendaya TV Shows
- She auditioned for the role of CeCe Jone in Dance Dance Chicago, later changed to Shake It Up!. But, she was selected to play Rocky Blue. She made her television debut in Shake It Up!. She later went on to appear on the Shake It Up! on its latter final two seasons.
- Shake It Up became Disney Channel's second highest-rated premiere in the Channel's 27-year history.
- She starred in the book trailer of "From Bad To Cursed" by Katie Alender in 2011.
- She hosted Make Your Mark: Ultimate Dance Off 2011.
- She then appeared in Good Luck Charlie, PrankStars, and A.N.T. Farm.
- She made her television film debut as Halley Brandon on Disney Channel Original Movie, Frenemies in 2012.
- She was one of the contestants in the 16th season of Dancing with the Stars. She was the youngest contestant ever to participate on the show till date. She was 16-years old at the time.
- She partnered with professional dancer Valentin Chmerkovskiy. The coupled finished Dancing with the Stars as runners-up. Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough won the show.
- She then appeared in the lead role as Zoey Stevens on the Disney Channel Original Movie, Zapped in 2014.
- She was cast as the lead role of K.C. Cooper in a new Disney Channel pilot, Super Awesome Katy, later renamed K.C. Undercover. She was also the co-producer of the series.
- She appeared in an American mystery drama web television series, The OA in 2019.
- She will star in the upcoming HBO drama series, Euphoria, where she will play a lying, drug-addicted 17-year-old girl as Rue.
- She made her feature film debut as Michelle "MJ" Jones in Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2017.
- She co-starred in the musical film, The Greatest Showman in 2017. Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, and Rebecca Ferguson were other casts in the film.
- She had a voice role as the yeti Meechee in the 2018 film Smallfoot.
- She is set to reprise her role as Michelle in Spider-Man: Far From Home, set to release in 2019.
- She will also appear alongside Ansel Elgort and Jake Gyllenhaal in the crime thriller, Finest Kind.
Zendaya Songs and Albums
- She released her first single, "Swag It Out" in 2011.
- In June 2011, she released another single, "Watch Me" featuring Bella Thorne.
- She sang several songs, "Something to Dance For", "Made In Japan", "Same Heart", and "Fashion In Kryptonite" as a promotional song for the second series of Shake It Up!.
- She signed to Hollywood Records in September 2012.
- She performed at the Teen Music Festival and at the Operation Smile benefit in October 2012.
- She went to Swag It Out Tour between 2012 and 2014.
- She released her debut single from her self-titled debut album in July 2013.
- She later released her self-titled debut album in September 2013.
- She was picked as Elvis Duran's Artist of the Month in November 2013.
- She finalized a joint venture between Hollywood and Republic Records in 2014.
- She released "Something New" featuring Chris Brown in February 2015 via Hollywood Records and Republic Records.
- Timbaland confirmed in March 2015 that he is working with Zendaya on her second album.
- She appeared on the music video of "Versace on the Floor" by Bruno Mars in August 2017.
- She has been nominated and won several awards for her contribution to the industry.
- She won Radio Disney Music - Best Style Award in 2014.
- She won Teen Choice - Candie's Style Icon Award in 2014.
- She won Nickelodeon Kid's Choice - Favorite Female TV Star - Kids' Show Award for K.C. Undercover in 2016.
- She won Teen Choice - Choice Style: Female Award in 2016.
- She won Nickelodeon Kids' Choice - Favorite Female TV Star Award for K.C. Undercover in 2017.
- She won Teen Choice - Choice Summer Movie Actress Award for Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2017.
- She won Nickelodeon Kids' Choice - Favorite Movie Actress for Spider-Man Homecoming and The Greatest Showman in 2018.
- She won Teen Choice - Choice Movie Actress: Drama, Choice Movie Ship (shared with Zac Efron) for The Greatest Showman in 2018.
- She also won the Teen Choice - Choice Collaboration Award (Shared with Zac Efron) for "Rewrite the Stars" in 2018.
- She was featured along with Lil Wayne and LeBron James in a performance of "Scream and Shout" by Will.I.Am and Britney Spears for a television commercial for Beats by Dr. Dre Color.
- She is the face of "X-Out" and Chi Hair.
- She is the face of Madonna's clothing line, "Material Girl".
- She is an ambassador for Convoy of Hope. She recorded John Legend's "All of Me" with a portion of the proceeds going to the organization.
- She celebrated her 18th birthday with a campaign to help feed at least 150 hungry children in Haiti, Tanzania, and the Philippines through feedONE.
- She celebrated her 20th birthday with a campaign to raise $50,000 to support Convoy's Women's Empowerment Initiative.
- She released her debut book, Between u and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence in August 2013.
- She started a clothing line, The Shake It Up Dance Clothing Line by Zendaya, inspired on her clothes on Shake It Up in 2013. The collection features fun clothes for active girls, legwarmers, shorts, jackets, headbands, and athletic apparel, and accessories.
- She launched her own clothing line, Daya by Zendaya in the Fall of 2016.
- She later launched her shoe collection, Sole of Daya in the same year.
- She was the guest judge on an episode of Project Runway: Under the Gunn in 2014, where the designer contestants were given the challenge to create an outfit for Zendaya for her upcoming concert.
- She was the guest judge on the season finale of Project Runway in 2016.
- Tommy Hilfiger signed her to be the brand's new global women's ambassador in October 2018. She will also design a Tommy x Zendaya capsule collection.
- She became the Lancome spokesmodel in 2019.
Who is Zendaya dating?
Zendaya is unmarried. Her sexual orientation is straight. She is reportedly single. She has managed to maintain a low profile regarding her personal life. She might or might not be dating someone. No rumors regarding her affair have surfaced yet. Previously, she was romantically linked with Trevor Jackson, Spencer Boldman, and Adam Irigoyen. She was rumored to be dating Spider-Man: Homecoming co-star, Tom Holland.
She lives in Los Angeles, California in a house worth $1.4 million.
Zendaya was reported to be secretly dating Jacob Elordi after they were spotted together on vacation in Greece in August 2019. In February 2020, a paparazzi caught Elordi giving Zendaya a kiss in New York City. Neither of them ever confirmed they were dating. Even if they had been secretly dating, their affair may have ended in 2020 because Elordi was with model Kaia Gerber. It was Zendaya's 24th birthday, on 1 September 2020, Elordi was spotted having dinner with Gerber at Nobu in Malibu.
Zendaya who never confirmed her affair with Elordi may have been single at present. She thanked her fans on her 24th birthday via social media, "I'm incredibly grateful for all the beautiful birthday wishes I received yesterday, feeling very very special, so thank y'all ♥️ Here's to 24".
What are Zendaya's Body Measurements?
Zendaya stands at a height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. She has a body weight of 130 lbs i.e. 59 kg. She has a slim body build. She has hazel eyes and her hair color is dark brown.
What is Zendaya's Net Worth?
Zendaya is one of the aspiring actresses in the entertainment industry. Starting her career as a fashion model, she has endorsed several brands. She worked as a fashion model for Macy's, Mervyns, and Old Navy. She has appeared in numerous commercials for iCarly toys. She has endorsed "X-Out", Madonna's clothing line "Material Girl", CoverGirl, Timmy Hilfiger, and Chi Hair Care. She also has her own several clothing lines. She became a spokesmodel for Lancome. She also earns from her singing career and business in the fashion industry. Working in the entertainment industry is her major source of income. As of 2019, her net worth is estimated at $15 million.
Trivias About Zendaya You Need To Know.
- The African meaning of her name "Zendaya" is "to give thanks".
- Giuliana Rancic made jokes about the smell of Zendaya's hair in February 2015.
- Mattel honored Zendaya with her own Barbie, replicating her Oscars look.
- Fashion website Net-a-Porter named her best-dressed women in 2018.
- She loves singing, dancing, and designing clothes
- She is a vegetarian.